This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 - Part 4- Stay the **** Home

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Comment

11,000+ new cases today and counting. Is this what Trump meant by "America First"?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          11,000+ new cases today and counting. Is this what Trump meant by "America First"?
          But our increased testing is causing the inflation of cases! [/SpongeBob mocking text]
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Oh, also heard second hand that one of the Coronavirus Designated Critical Care hospitals in Cook County has developed their own test for Covid-19 because they were also sick of waiting for results.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              But our increased testing is causing the inflation of cases! [/SpongeBob mocking text]
              They are. Given the incubation periods, and we're FINALLY seeing increased testing (if even just a little), there are gonna be super spikes. This does not prove nor disprove a rate of truly new cases. They are just "new" in the fact we are finding out about them, rather than "hey you got that yesterday!" etc.

It's spreading. Period. At what rate? Not sure yet.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                At the rate that we'll be "officially" passing Italy by Friday at the latest.

Comment

the state of hockey is good

Comment

The Johns Hopkins counter has gone haywire...I need a new counter
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Every expert that goes before a camera on real news networks needs to begin and end their comments by stressing as forcefully as possible that we can not and we must not listen to the president about when we can relax our stay at home orders and social distancing. When Dr. Fauci says it's possible, and a bunch of state department of health heads likewise chime in (especially in Ohio and a the other states where it is obvious medical professionals and qualified researchers are driving the bus) then I would feel safe listening to them say a relaxation is OK. I want to hear them say it in no uncertain terms. If that day comes in 19 days or 19 weeks, I don't care. We need forceful, no punches pulled real leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        I should have saved the posts I made a few threads ago.
                        Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Jim Jones on an the bigliest, bestliest scale

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        They are. Given the incubation periods, and we're FINALLY seeing increased testing (if even just a little), there are gonna be super spikes. This does not prove nor disprove a rate of truly new cases. They are just "new" in the fact we are finding out about them, rather than "hey you got that yesterday!" etc.

Who's seeing increased testing? Not happening here. We have the tests but we are so short of PPE that they are not letting people test as it blows through the PPE. Made me think of when Wuhan stopped testing because there were so many and went with just assuming if they met criteria.

Sad to see all the same false claims -how many times can they recycle the 'They have a cure!!1!11!' and claims that things aren't that bad!1!11!1! despite the bunches of posts with links refuting them? I get people want good news but for the love of Christ people~!

les life continues to be a lovely microcosm of life- + COVID in an elderly relative, discussion with public health nurse re contacts, history, etc, ... kid in 20s with pneumonia via xray, coughing up frank blood but no test because O2 sat is OK.... inlaw who lost job d/t shutdown of her dept.... multiple messages re inability to test, state shut down... the odd email claiming there is a cure being hidden from the public, magical ways to know you are infected without testing....

Comment

There are 3-4 places I've stopped at, just to get takeout/buy gift cards. All sanitize machines after each transaction. Local businesses. I'm mindful of these practices. I don't feel the need to keep the economy going just because, but I don't want to help kill it, you know? Minimal interaction, help the locals out, that's it.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

From a meme- Now we have proof Trump is Christian- he not only wants to celebrate Easter but he gave up your grandparents for Lent.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              Was this the doctor?

His beard is bigger.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                Jim Jones on an the bigliest, bestliest scale
                                "Lay down your life with dignity … Stop these hysterics."

Comment

Working...
                                X