This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 - Part 4- Stay the **** Home

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

According to two different sources Wisconsin has over 6200 negative tests and 380 positive. That's around a 6% positive rate. It seems like if we're still only testing those with symptoms or those who were in contact with those who tested positive the numbers are not horribly bad. I see numbers like those and just wish I had a better understanding of it all, and wonder what else is coming. I also wonder if we can go back and check out the people who died of the "flu" or something related last year in November or December and see if maybe they were actually infected with COVID-19.

Comment

Of the 169 confirmed positive cases in Minnesota, 34 if them are healthcare workers. Not a fantastic rate.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Of the 169 confirmed positive cases in Minnesota, 34 if them are healthcare workers. Not a fantastic rate.
          It at least makes some sense. Closest to infected. It sucks, no doubt, but we're not left wondering why, you know?
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            It at least makes some sense. Closest to infected. It sucks, no doubt, but we're not left wondering why, you know?
            Uh. That’s an alarmingly high number.

It makes me think we’re sitting on a giant reservoir or something is wrong with testing (procedure or materials)
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

It makes me think we’re sitting on a giant reservoir or something is wrong with testing (procedure or materials)
                It is. Once we get everyone tested (and that is a tall task), I hope the numbers even out. But, I still expect health care workers to have a higher rate of infection, given their proximity, you know?
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I think it lends more credence to the belief that not just more people have it than we think, but A LOT more. If this thing operates like it did in Asia, there's a large number of asymptomatic people carrying this thing around, and have been doing so for weeks.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    I think it lends more credence to the belief that not just more people have it than we think, but A LOT more. If this thing operates like it did in Asia, there's a large number of asymptomatic people carrying this thing around, and have been doing so for weeks.
                    We could have 1MM people have it. We don't know. One reason I'm not realllllly buying the "new cases" reports. They probably had it a week ago, we are now just discovering it, so it's not really a "new" case.

Comment

Hell is COVID-mandated home schooling.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Just got confirmation that someone at an event I was at on the 8th (and likely the 5th/6th as well) has tested positive for COVID-19.

The event was two weeks ago - I feel fine, took last Friday off because I was feeling feverish, but I think it was in my head ultimately.

50-60 people crammed into a couple rooms taking turns pressing the same buttons - what could possibly go wrong?
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

We could have 1MM people have it. We don't know. One reason I'm not realllllly buying the "new cases" reports. They probably had it a week ago, we are now just discovering it, so it's not really a "new" case.
                          That's all the "new" in new cases means -- newly discovered.

Even without Dump's incompetence we'd be behind the curve. He just ensured we'd be wrong-footed for a longer period. It's also extremely galling that while I am used to looking at numbers out of China or Iran or North Korea and not believing them because of their authoritarian governments, I now feel the same way about any USG entity that is under the sway of the GOP. That's the league those dou-chenozzles play in.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't think there is any "could" to the 1 million. My guess is it is already, right now, far far more than 1 million. I wonder if it isn't 10s of millions already. An article I read in the Atlantic (I think around the 1st or 2nd of this month) was by someone who seemed credible, certainly well credentialed, said that probably 60% or 70% of the country would be infected but probably most would have no symptoms and probably most who had any symptoms would be only mildly or moderately ill. One of the only things that has kept me from actually finding myself completely panicked by this is the notion that if most people show no signs or symptoms, most of the people they infect will also not realize they were infected. Again, I admit to being confused by a lot of what I have read and heard about this. Fortunately I trust the medical professionals enough to know that the ONLY safe thing to do is isolate, isolate, isolate, until we know for sure. All 50 states need to take the shelter in place steps, and do it now.

Oh, and trump needs to either catch it and die or be 25th. 25th-ed?
                            Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 03-22-2020, 11:10 PM.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                I don't think there is any "could" to the 1 million. My guess is it is already, right now, far far more than 1 million. I wonder if it isn't 10s of millions already. An article I read in the Atlantic (I think around the 1st or 2nd of this month) was by someone who seemed credible, certainly well credentialed, said that probably 60% or 70% of the country would be infected but probably most would have no symptoms and probably most who had any symptoms would be only mildly or moderately ill. One of the only things that has kept me from actually finding myself completely panicked by this is the notion that if most people show no signs or symptoms, most of the people they infect will also not realize they were infected. Again, I admit to being confused by a lot of what I have read and heard about this. Fortunately I trust the medical professionals enough to know that the ONLY safe thing to do is isolate, isolate, isolate, until we know for sure. All 50 states need to take the shelter in place steps, and do it now.

Oh, and trump needs to either catch it and die or be 25th. 25th-ed?
                                I just threw out a number, since we really don't know.

I have to work, have been in semi-isolation since the 20th, figuring I'm going to be "essential employee" since my company ships the stuff that hospitals and stores need for sanitation/etc. Just gotta hope for the best at this point. Keep calm and carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                X