X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 - Part 4- Stay the **** Home

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Maybe we can actually get a large amount of people asking if we REALLY have to profit on every single aspect of our lives... I'm getting tired of asking that question.
    This is the inescapable logic of our cultural justifications for the profit motive. We've been told it's the most efficient method of distributing goods, allocating investment, and spurring innovation. If that is true then we should use it for everything because in the long run we will all be better off.

Now, of course, it isn't true. We know that with a few things: we have a military and police forces, not competing mercenaries. We don't make people pay for their air (yet). But if the rationale breaks down for life and death matters then there are many other areas it also has to break down: health care, child care, housing, food. But the profit motive has been deified in the US so people hold their neighbors' health and life hostage to personal profit.

It's funny that conservative religious ideology and conservative economic ideology are exactly contradictory. Perhaps the pervasive mental illness of conservatives comes from that: like HAL, they have been given two directives that conflict and it has driven them insane.
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-23-2020, 10:53 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Rand May be patient 31 from Korea.

Comment

Klobuchar husband is hospitalized.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          MD has shut all non essential businesses as of 5pm today. Shelter in place is not on the menu as of now.

Police have authority to disperse gatherings over 10 people.
          https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2020/03/washington-redskins-fedex-field-coronavirus-testing-center/amp

Excellent twitter thread
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Rand May be patient 31 from Korea.
            He might have decapitated the Senate. He's probably off masturbating to the prospect of zero government.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Klobuchar husband is hospitalized.
              What did she throw at him?
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                What did she throw at him?
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Not gonna happen. Half the country can't even obey a two-week order to shelter in place.
                  My wife and I were talking about this a few days ago. She thinks this could last a year. I said even if the experts recommend it, there's no way the population lets it go that long. This ends the second football season starts in the fall at the latest.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      My wife and I were talking about this a few days ago. She thinks this could last a year. I said even if the experts recommend it, there's no way the population lets it go that long. This ends the second football season starts in the fall at the latest.
                      I figure if this is still going by Memorial Day everyone under the age of 35 is going to basically start getting out of control.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Mitch needs to DIAF . He’s such a effing liar

Also

Comment

The GOP is trying to turn this on Nancy and Chuck (the bill failing) and have their bots on Twitter working hard. The Twitter Left has co-opted it a bit and are using it for counter-programming. Fun to watch

Oh and:

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Mitch says dems are holding up for the green new deal.

Somehow I think it’s not just a carbon footprint with the airlines

Comment

Meanwhile:

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I am sure they will cite the BS article posted here as an excuse to lower the restrictions.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X