3/16     18
    3/17     23
    3/18     41
    3/19     57
    3/20     49
    3/21     46
    3/22    117
    3/23    140
    Note that two-thirds of today's deaths were from outside NY, as were 50% of the new cases. The "also ran 49" are getting into the groove.

A comparison of US deaths rates per day by cause, from CDC stats:

Code:
    1774  Heart Disease
    1641  Cancer
     465  Accidents
     401  Stroke
     333  Alzheimer's
     229  Diabetes
     153  Influenza and pneumonia
     140  COVID-19, as of 3/23
     129  Suicide
     117  COVID-19, as of 3/22
     114  Cirrhosis
     112  Septicemia
      97  Hypertension
      88  Parkinson's
      46  COVID-19, as of 3/21
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-23-2020, 08:43 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
      This is a good excuse to sink all the cruise ships. (I live in a small town that gets cruise ships and I hate them)

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 - Part 4- Stay the **** Home

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Even ignoring the stupidity of what he said, it's not like we're holding the economy hostage just for the old people's sake; we're sheltering because the impact of the healthcare system would results in fatalies across ALL ages.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          Let me ask you this Handy, since I've never considered you to be an unreasonable poster. Is there any country in the world that will see 30% of its population infected with this virus? Because 30% is a huge number, and then we have people throwing around numbers like 50%.

Italy, which right now is basically the poster child for how bad things can get, is at one tenth of one percent of its population.

30%?

Yeah, I get the idea of exponential increases, but seriously 30%?
          You do realize you can only count the people who are tested, right?
          And that Italy is still only about a month into this thing taking off via community spread, and are where they are despite taking measures that are far stricter than the measures we are taking here in this country (that you and some others are "just asking questions" about)?

Use your head.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            This is a good excuse to sink all the cruise ships. (I live in a small town that gets cruise ships and I hate them)
            The navy needs to test new x-to-ship missiles and the world needs more artificial reefs.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Even ignoring the stupidity of what he said, it's not like we're holding the economy hostage just for the old people's sake; we're sheltering because the impact of the healthcare system would results in fatalies across ALL ages.
              That and we’re not ****ing savages void of empathy
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Do these d-ckheads understand that if we max out hospital beds on COVID that means there's no beds for people with any other hospitalization need?
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Do these d-ckheads understand that if we max out hospital beds on COVID that means there's no beds for people with any other hospitalization need?
                  No
                  In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                  I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    The navy needs to test new x-to-ship missiles
                    We manufacture that product by the way.

Cornell University

Comment

Hawaii orders stay at home.
                      Cornell University

Comment

What the **** I’d Minnesota waiting for?
                        Code:

Comment

Shelter in place is basically double secret probation. That's it.

To enforce a real "stay at home" policy, you're gonna have to go police-state. Not joking, not making light of it...that's the only way to enforce it. If that is what it comes to, fine.

I just know that I will continue to work, as I am 99% sure I am an essential worker.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            What the **** I’d Minnesota waiting for?
                            Walz is buying Minnesota time.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              You know the answer to that...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Things are getting crazy real fast in les land. Not scientific but a cross section/microcosm of what things are turning into:

In less than 3 days after I talked to a testing center they went from taking appointments to test to saying no testing unless really ill. Not enough PPE to support testing even if it is ordered.

Have been fielding calls all day from frantic friends and relatives. As one person, I have personal knowledge of 5 different people who screen in, are quite ill and were told to go home and isolate but don't go to the hospital and don't get a test. Being told to go to ER only if "Gasping for breath or fever >104 that doesn't go down for a day". This is in my State and adjoining states.

Multiple friends- as in double digits reporting their places of work have little PPE left and begging for folks to make home made masks. (medical FB page I follow has threads with hundreds of posts begging- one page shut down because they couldn't keep up after >40K joined in less than 3 days- all looking for guidance and supplies)

Also multiple friends working in hospitals/facilities where they are changing protocols to unsafe practices to save PPE from being used

Family member currently hospitalized in isolation. Belongs to a large elderly singing group whose Director insisted on practicing after being reassured by the Orange Menace that people shouldn't worry. Some wanted to cancel practice but the leader was adamant. Because no one was symptomatic my relative didn't want to make waves and went a number of times. Now- one person is confirmed positive, my relative is symptomatic and in isolation and another person was also very ill.

Gov closed all non-essential businesses.

The world is basically falling down around me and the Orange Menace is saying buck up Blanche! We can't do bad things for the economy- lets all go out and play again! All this talk about economy is stupid. Dead people don't spend money. People who owe all their earnings for the foreseeable future to the hospital when they survive also don't spend money. Exactly where is the money they think we are going to spend if they let us loose?

And rather than respond to multi-quotes arguing about whether the numbers are going to be bad- my head asplodes. If you can't figure out this sh1t is bad then you are taking some drugs I should try. There is no way we have accurate numbers. The numbers reported are miniscule compared to symptomatic people. If you were to count the number of people presumed to have it, screened in but unable to get a test then you might start to comprehend the scope. How anyone can say it isn't bad when no one can get tested is beyond me. We can't test because we can't waste the PPE that it sucks up.

We have a very proactive Gov. The State above us are idiots. I live in a border town. All the proactive stuff in the world isn't helping us here. The donuts 3 miles up the road are still being stupid.

Just when I think we can't get any stupider some 'mouthpiece' says hold my beer.

Oh, and Dr Fauci should be canonized while still alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X