This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    22 cases...just at one event. Sure..let's relax social distancing restrictions. Let's ignore the time frame that most public health officials agree on and that is 2 months. Let the President play golf..I want to live.

Since the US will not implement an aggressive testing regimen then time is all we have to protect ourselves and loved ones. We have no clue if we have flattened the curve as we are just getting started...
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 - Part 4- Stay the **** Home

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
      We need to stop caring about the number of infected. That number is ridiculously low due to the lack of tests. Even in Italy, where only certain people can get tested, it's stupidly low. Sure, the "numbers" may say only 1% of the population has Covid-19 but when sick people are being turned away from testing, those aren't accurate numbers. We'll never know truly how many people are infected until everyone can get a test every few days.

Follow the death rate. For those that claimed this was just like the flu, we'll be passing the daily number of flu deaths in the country today. And it's not going down any time soon.
      I think it is important to watch both for various reasons but yes the death rate at this point is more important.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        But 2.8 million of us were going to die in this country anyway this year, so yeah, it'll be a very bad year, but it's not end times.
        Huh.

Which of your family members are you willing to sign up for this lottery?

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Churches are closed.

Comment

I'm not going to deny it at all. This virus may very well kill a million people (it'll have to step up it's game to get there, but it can be done). We have to accept that. If it does, that will certainly be a tragedy for the families. But 2.8 million of us were going to die in this country anyway this year, so yeah, it'll be a very bad year, but it's not end times.
            I still don't get your point.

On one hand, we should do everything we can to prevent deaths. On the other hand, we should just accept the deaths. Which is it? Do you even know?

The data we have is the observation of how this spreads w/o testing everyone- Spain and Italy. We also have data if we do test pretty much everyone- S. Korea.

Your suggestions of what to do is pretty much everything we are doing. So what's the point of questioning the data and the approach? If you are going to suggest that we do what we are doing, but want to question everything we do based on the numbers... I guess good luck to you and your anxiety...

The reality of the deaths is that many, if not most, are preventable. Like car accidents- if you go look back on deaths/distance traveled, and extrapolate the data from pre-safety rules- we would be killing 5x what we are doing now. Just like the actions for this virus- seeing people die for lack of treatment in Spain and Italy is a clear path of what can happen if we let the healthcare system get overwhelmed, when the actual death rate for this should be closer to S Korea. We should have been prepared for this, but this leadership took that preparation away because it cost too much. And then they take no responsibility when another country took a path that we could have taken (or at least close to it) had they not cut off funding and shut the program down.

The sad thing here is that nobody wants to accept that many of these deaths are totally preventable. And that, as a society, is our fault.

(on an economic standpoint, the economic loss due to the additional deaths, the time off for sickness, etc- is also preventable- and that's our fault too)

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              From NY1's Anthony Pascale

BREAKING: Gov Cuomo: “We have to plan the pivot back to economic functionality” Says we may not have to isolate everyone. Could allow the healthy, less vulnerable to work. #COVID19 survival rate is 98%. NY Forward plan to look into restarting economic engine.
              And now Cuomo is an idiot. Whats the matter Wall Street yelling at you too much?

We do have to isolate everyone...for quite a while. Otherwise all of this is for nothing.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Of course that’s what he’s saying. He’ll deny it.

He plays this stupidly transparent game where he heavily implies something and then when you call him out he says “I didn’t say that! I’m an independent!” Or some such hot garbage. Then he’ll nail himself to the cross, being absolutely sure to leave one hand free to take a key phrase out from a post where someone called him out on his bull**** impolitely, and wave it as a flag for all to see.

Whatever. He’s a really skilled troll. I bite, you bite, we all bite. He’s really good at it. But ultimately, he’s still Bob Gray.
                I think you are being a bit harsh. He is not nearly as bad as Bob Gray who was flat out trolling the last couple of years. Before that he was actually pretty cool which is why his heel turn is one of the worst I have seen around here. I think Hovey actually means what he says, but I think he also realizes the flaw in his logic and just chooses to ignore it especially after it has been pointed out to him. Still makes him better than Gray and all the Trumpers by a long shot.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hovey has repeatedly demonstrated he cares about one thing, Hovey. If Hovey is in the ICU and can't get a ventilator this will become important to him, if not it's no big deal and everyone should quit whining. This is the person that like a month ago said Trump hasn't done anything damaging. Just stop responding.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    And now Cuomo is an idiot. Whats the matter Wall Street yelling at you too much?

We do have to isolate everyone...for quite a while. Otherwise all of this is for nothing.
                    Exactly. I'm so disappointed that he relented to morons. I hope someone with an actual conscience talks him out of this plan.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      I think you are being a bit harsh. He is not nearly as bad as Bob Gray who was flat out trolling the last couple of years. Before that he was actually pretty cool which is why his heel turn is one of the worst I have seen around here. I think Hovey actually means what he says, but I think he also realizes the flaw in his logic and just chooses to ignore it especially after it has been pointed out to him. Still makes him better than Gray and all the Trumpers by a long shot.
                      I thought I was being nice.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Cuban loves publicity, but he's not wrong here.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Cuban loves publicity, but he's not wrong here.

Cuban is 100% right. Both sides are over reaching. Unfortunately for us Democrats it's always the Republican over reach that slips through in the final bill. Never ours.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Party Zero: How a Soirée in Connecticut Became a ‘Super Spreader’

About 50 people gathered this month for a party in the upscale suburb of Westport, then scattered across the region and the world, taking the coronavirus with them.

About 50 guests gathered on March 5 at a home in the stately suburb of Westport, Conn., to toast the hostess on her 40th birthday and greet old friends, including one visiting from South Africa. They shared reminiscences, a lavish buffet and, unknown to anyone, the coronavirus.

Then they scattered.

The Westport soirée — Party Zero in southwestern Connecticut and beyond — is a story of how, in the Gilded Age of money, social connectedness and air travel, a pandemic has spread at lightning speed. The partygoers — more than half of whom are now infected — left that evening for Johannesburg, New York City and other parts of Connecticut and the United States, all seeding infections on the way.

Westport, a town of 28,000 on the Long Island Sound, did not have a single known case of the coronavirus on the day of the party. It had 85 on Monday, up more than 40-fold in 11 days.
                            Maybe this is the fix. Chicken Pox Parties.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/u...czTToYVvpjuqoo
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm not going to deny it at all. This virus may very well kill a million people (it'll have to step up it's game to get there, but it can be done). We have to accept that. If it does, that will certainly be a tragedy for the families. But 2.8 million of us were going to die in this country anyway this year, so yeah, it'll be a very bad year, but it's not end times.
                              Well that is a very dark way to look at this...kind of like when scientists tell us an asteroid got real close to hitting Earth but missed by 100,000 miles. Yeah compared to the vastness of space that is close but it really isnt.

In the grand scheme of things a million people might not be much, but in the short term that is friggin lethal. Certainly worse than the flu or whatever else the GOP and its mouthpieces are using to downplay all of this. And if a million die, then that means over 100 million got it (even by conservative mortality rates) which means the economic impact is not going away for a while. Not to mention the strain on resources which will put everyone dealing with other issues in harms way. I know what you are saying but you are using the stats to downplay something the stats arent downplaying. Just because 31 teams wont win the Super Bowl every year doesnt mean the Browns are a solid franchise.

395k as of this morning, US hasnt updated its number.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The US already has 2,500 new cases and *checks watch* it's not even 9:45!
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X