X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 - Part 4- Stay the **** Home

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Atlanta said they’re likely at capacity in hospitals today. That’s not good
    Man, that is bad. They only started generating non-trivial numbers a couple days ago so they should be many days from their peak.

Big cities in red states are in severe danger:

Code:
    Houston
    Phoenix
    San Antonio
    Dallas
    Austin
    Jacksonville
    Fort Worth
    Columbus
    Charlotte
    Indianapolis
    El Paso
    Nashville
    Memphis
    Oklahoma City
    Louisville
    Tucson
    Mesa
    Atlanta
    Kansas City
    Miami
    Raleigh
    Omaha
    Tulsa
    Arlington
    Tampa
    Wichita
    Cleveland
    Corpus Christi
    Lexington
    St. Louis
    Cincinnati
    A literal killer combination of large, dense population plus lazy, ignorant, incompetent governance.
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-25-2020, 10:57 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

LA recently had a huge investment in public health because of the wildfires. It’s the same legislation that requires every office to have enough N95 masks for everyone, which they’ve been using up.
      Never mind, you’re talking about LA, I meant LA
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Anyone have a link to the Senate stimulus bill? My google-fu is failing me this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Actually, I think it was this graphic:
          https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...sc%22%7D#notes

I'm not sure how, but they have more beds per capita than most.

Edit: Found the graphic I was looking for:

https://publicintegrity.org/health/c...e-coronavirus/

Ventilator per capita broken down by state. It's 11 years old though and doesn't include government-owned. So the data is pretty ****ty.
          Looks like there are a lot of beds per capita in flyover country.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
            LA recently had a huge investment in public health because of the wildfires. It’s the same legislation that requires every office to have enough N95 masks for everyone, which they’ve been using up.
            Never mind, you’re talking about LA, I meant LA
            Yes, sorry. Louisiana not Los Angeles

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              My guess is 90% of those Democrats are POC.

Religious leaders in non-white low income communities are a very different breed of cat. They are essentially community activists / political leaders. They might be the best source of information those people have. It's not about a hotline to the Man in the Sky, it's about loyalty to the community and trust -- the only person with a scintilla of authority who won't f-ck them over.

Who else they gonna believe? The cops? The bank?
              Uhhhhhh...you were saying?
              "Now I want you to understand this ... if I'm a Christian, if I'm living for God, if I'm doing the right thing, why would God send a virus to kill me?" Pastor Banks says. "For us to create this type of fear and paranoia in this country … is amazing to me."

Comment

Originally posted by psych View Post
                Those states won't have the highest death rate because they aren't testing. They'll have the highest death rate because most of them generally have the unhealthiest people living there, like AL/MS, which have the highest proportion of smokers, obese people, diabetes, heart problems, etc. This is something I've always agreed with lewsp1 and others on here. At this point, by the time testing gets to where it needs to be, it's probably too late. I'm not saying we shouldn't still be testing, but it's clear enough that shelter-in-place is the only way to effectively stop the spread. Since red states have had more time to prepare since this seemingly has hit blue states like WA, NY, and CA first, if they're still in the "limited action" zone, like 9 red states still are at this point, that's disgraceful. Where I've disagreed with basically everyone on this board is that all southern states, or all red states, not just particular ones, are not doing enough to prepare for this pandemic. The BEST thing any red state can do is shelter-in-place, or at least social distance, just like any blue state, just like ANYWHERE on the planet. Your state, VA, according to Coronavirus Act Now, has not implemented a shelter-in-place yet. Your state will be f-cked between 4/18-4/23 if it doesn't switch to a shelter-in-place. MN, where many posters here are from and where I'm originally from, is f-cked between 4/26-5/1. I hope MN, VA, and other social distancing states switch to shelter-in-place ASAP.
                Sorry but this is a bit simplistic. Yes they are unhealthy and that will play a huge roll. But their stubborn refusal to take this seriously at all is going absolutely be the reason along with not preparing. You cannot say with a straight face that most of the red states are ready for this. They dont have the resources, they dont have the training, and they dont have the balls to do what must be done. I get that, since you live in Kentucky, you feel the need to be the defender of the South and you arent wrong we are definitely piling on so I tip my cap to you. But the truth is, the South is screwed because many of the states there just arent in a position to stop this...and they are close to Florida who is doing everything they can to spread it. (the Redneck Riviera is screwed)

Every state is going to be screwed at some point, even California. Minnesota put steps in place to put people in the best position as everything shut down. We dont have "Shelter in Place" but we closed everything but essential business and shut the schools down pretty early on. We adapted quick and when Walz puts the order in place it will have minimal effect at this point. (hell it would hardly be a change at all)

You are also assuming that all the states arent already screwed. If we had a test for every person the infection rate would be through the roof right now. As it is it is climbing steadily anyways.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  That's Colorado Springs. That's ground zero for Evangy F-cktardery in the world. It's a beautiful area but Dr. Mrs. and I specifically vetoed moving there because the people are so doorstop stupid.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Sure I’m not just referring to LA though. Don’t they have a dem gov? Sense prevailed there earlier than some other places.
                    Atlanta said they’re likely at capacity in hospitals today. That’s not good
                    So the Georgia death numbers will start spiking soon...God must hate peaches.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Anyone have a link to the Senate stimulus bill? My google-fu is failing me this morning.
                      It's not you.

Details won’t be available until sometime later on March 25, and actual bill text may barely be done before Senate and House votes
                      Nobody has the bill yet.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        So the Georgia death numbers will start spiking soon...God must hate peaches.
                        "Peaches ain't sh-t but hoes and tricks" - Snoop Dogg
                        Cornell University

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Nobody has the bill yet.
                            Then it must be time to vote
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Looks like Spain passed China in the Death Race. I wonder if that Standford Doctor predicted that in his model
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X