• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 - Part 4- Stay the **** Home

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    News flash, people in Wisconsin are dumb part infinity

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...shopping-today
    Article contains my mental picture of Wisconsin/Minnesota, only warmer.

Fig. 1 Not North Dakota because trees visible top right
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Newsom or Cuomo the first to close their borders to red states?
      All red states? How would this work, and based on what evidence would this make sense?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Newsom or Cuomo the first to close their borders to red states?
        If blue states will be the only sensible ones, then yes. Let the red states end isolation and burn each other out.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          US now over 41k confirmed cases...over 367k confirmed cases worldwide.
          Wait, so the US already has 11% of reported worldwide cases? We sure showed China, South Korea and Italy who's boss in short order!!

Comment

Rand Paul says what he did was fine. So if you were infected by him it's your fault.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post
              rand paul says what he did was fine. So if you were infected by him it's your fault.
              Nap. Nap! NAP!

Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                US now over 41k confirmed cases...over 367k confirmed cases worldwide.
                a) Some of the new ones are from spring breakers in FLA. Who knew?

b) VA closed the schools for the remainder of the school year. Later this week I expect MD to follow. Distance learning, here we come!

c) If anyone has FIOS -- is your router acting funny?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  News flash, people in Wisconsin are dumb part infinity

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...shopping-today
                  One of my union members: "trump is a great president because now when I beat my kids in public people can come up and tell me what a great parent I must be and before, that was politically incorrect." Seriously, this is how a LOT of people think, not just in Wisconsin. But boy do they act like this in Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    a) Some of the new ones are from spring breakers in FLA. Who knew?

b) VA closed the schools for the remainder of the school year. Later this week I expect MD to follow. Distance learning, here we come!

c) If anyone has FIOS -- is your router acting funny?
                    My FIOS (NoVa) has been a little buggy lately. When I switch around between, say, Netflix and Prime, it will halt during the load, crap out, not display the menu. Seems pretty obvious to me that it's bandwidth.

Nobody except doctors and nurses is actually doing anything in this country right now except surfing and streaming. It's a good thing robots do all the actual work.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Without absolving any gamesmanship from the GOP, is Pelosi (and/or others) really demanding any relief package include partial student loan forgiveness? That has nothing to do with, "stimulus". Forgiving payments and/or accrued interest for a length of time would, but $10k in forgiveness?

Again I am not saying the GOP proposal is without major flaws, but if the retort is something equally illogical then expect nothing to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Without absolving any gamesmanship from the GOP, is Pelosi (and/or others) really demanding any relief package include partial student loan forgiveness? That has nothing to do with, "stimulus". Forgiving payments and/or accrued interest for a length of time would, but $10k in forgiveness?

Again I am not saying the GOP proposal is without major flaws, but if the retort is something equally illogical then expect nothing to happen.
                        I'm trying to understand what's illogical about it. Money not going to student loans opens up spending money for people that spend money. It's stimulus way way way more than stock buybacks.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Denver joining the list of cities/states to issue a 'stay-at-home' order...

https://www.9news.com/article/news/h...a-ad413d914683
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by psych View Post
                            All red states? How would this work, and based on what evidence would this make sense?
                            It wouldn't. But when the feds are complete and utter f=ckups and are telling people to go out and do stuff contrary to everything science and medicine and math tell us, at some point the feds become a threat to the states.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm with you, let's wait and see what happens with the economy. Loan forgiveness is silly right now. A pause on all payments until something like June or I don't know, December 2021 is a better idea.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I can't comment on whether it's a demand or simply a proposal that they are using as a bargaining chip, but yes, it's in there. (sorry about the formatting, copying off a PDF)

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...r-Stimulus.pdf

"(c) MINIMUM RELIEF FOR FEDERAL AND PRIVATE 19 STUDENT LOAN BORROWERS AS A RESULT OF THE 20 COVID–19 NATIONAL EMERGENCY.— 21 (1) MINIMUM STUDENT LOAN RELIEF AS A RE-22 SULT OF THE COVID–19 NATIONAL EMERGENCY.— 23 Not later than 270 days after the last day of the 24 COVID–19 emergency period, the Secretaries concerned shall jointly carry out a program under which 1 a qualified borrower, with respect to the covered 2 loans and private education of loans of such quali-3 fied borrower, shall receive in accordance with para-4 graph (3) an amount equal to the lesser of the fol-5 lowing: 6 (A) The total amount of each covered loan 7 and each private education loan of the bor-8 rower; or 9 (B) $10,000.

Comment

Working...
                                X