50/50 odds on No Hockey Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50/50 odds on No Hockey Next Year

War Time Acts being invoked, borders being shut and California and New York are on lockdown.

Re: 50/50 odds on No Hockey Next Year

Look at the last article I posted in the resource thread. If you don't hammer the virus via isolation, everything breaks down.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Look at the last article I posted in the resource thread. If you don't hammer the virus via isolation, everything breaks down.
      Where is the resource section?

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
        Where is the resource section?
        Cafe
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

My daughter is in Canada, I live in the UK.

Here, the government was too slow to react - I don't think anyone really thought the virus would be so aggressive. I worry for my daughter - at least we have Zoom!

Stay safe everyone.

Comment

I was predicting a lot of transfers this year, but I do not think there will be much movement this year, unless there are some surprise collapses.

Comment

I was predicting a lot of transfers this year, but I do not think there will be much movement this year, unless there are some surprise collapses.
              I believe there's a podcast out there with Hamline's coach saying she has four transfers coming in from the DI level.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                I believe there's a podcast out there with Hamline's coach saying she has four transfers coming in from the DI level.
                Do you remember which one? It looks like she was on two recently...

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                  Hey, let's start a rumor. Hamline is moving to D1...
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    Hamline is moving to D1...
                    I heard D1 is moving to China ...
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      I heard D1 is moving to China ...
                      I heard today that Harvard said no students on campus for Fall semester. If that is true that is a major hit for collegiate sports next year as I am sure the other Ivy's follow. Meanwhile Syracuse and Alabama said yes students are coming back. I wonder if Syracuse discussed that with their governor.
                      Last edited by Reddington; 04-29-2020, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I heard today that Harvard said no students on campus for Fall semester. If that is true that is a major hit for collegiate sports next year as I am sure the other Ivy's follow. Meanwhile Syracuse and Alabama said yes students are coming back. I wonder if Syracuse discussed that with their governor.

That is NOT what they said in the release...jeez

Comment

Originally posted by mnwis View Post
                          That is NOT what they said in the release...jeez
                          I just read all the releases and there sure seems to be a lot of detail on being online, but you are correct that it is not official yet. The provost is unsure.
                          Last edited by Reddington; 04-30-2020, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            Hey, let's start a rumor. Hamline is moving to D1...
                            Trying to beat St. Thomas there.

Comment

I just read all the releases and there sure seems to be a lot of detail on being online, but you are correct that it is not official yet. The provost is unsure.

The only certain thing said is their uncertainty...I don't envy their position...The best I can tell is that the end of June is when the schools will make their decision on fall semester...If schools do try a fall session, it appears that things will not be status quo....All the discussion seems to circle around social distancing,online, "hybrid"(new one for me) classes and virtual labs...I am glad, that our decision doesn't have to be made right now, since the kid is just finishing finals.... the online for labs has been seriously lacking and quite frankly so has the lectures(sciences and math especially).....call me old fashioned, but, school is for learning and not just for acquiring a grade...if the fall is anything like this spring, I am beginning to think about different approaches toward the curriculum....

Comment

Working...
                              X