X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    I've uploaded another batch of games to my Google drive:

1991 NCAA Championship BU vs NMU (thanks to Terry Switzer - and no, I didn't watch it)
    1994 Hockey East Semifinal BU vs NU
    1994 Hockey East Semifinal UML vs UNH
    1994 Hockey East Championship BU vs UML
    1994 NCAA Quarterfinal BU vs Wisconsin
    1994 NCAA Quarterfinal UNH vs Harvard
    1994 NCAA Semifinal BU vs Minnesota

Sean
    Hi Sean - thanks for uploading so many games. My questions is - will all these games be available indefinitely? I only ask because that would mean I could get rid of a bunch of my VHS tapes. But I think you made a comment at some point about sort of rotating these such that some may be removed?
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Hi Sean - thanks for uploading so many games. My questions is - will all these games be available indefinitely? I only ask because that would mean I could get rid of a bunch of my VHS tapes. But I think you made a comment at some point about sort of rotating these such that some may be removed?
      I originally purchased 2TB of space on my Google Drive so I could upload and share my daughter's games with the families of her teammates. After recording her games for 3 seasons I passed on doing so this past season. With the newest game over 1 year old I decided to delete the games and I also cancelled my storage upgrade as I no longer had a need to pay for space I wasn't using. With the cancellation of all sports another user on the forum asked about old games online, which got me thinking. As my 2TB of space was still available until 21 May I decided to upload games I had already converted and to convert and upload more games. I will continue to do so since as of today I'm still only using 640GB of the 2TB. However, at this time I'm also not planning to pay for the space for another year. According to Google what I have uploaded will not be deleted and will remain available and I will be able to still create Google docs, so the answer is the games should remain available. However, if I want to use the drive in the future for other storage needs that could change. You should also never make decisions on the assumption that something online now will remain online in the future.

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Thanks, Sean. Just watched the 1986 HE Championship Game. A great night for the Scarlet and White. I may be wrong, but after Jeff Sveen's second goal of the game, which was BU's 9th goal of the game, the camera scanned the crowd and I think I saw a very young Sean P.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by cridge View Post
          I believe Sam Kurker came from Saint Johns Prep in 12-13. Didn't do anything his freshman year then left midway through Sophomore year. Transferred to NU but didn't do anythign there. Was a 2nd round pick out of high school. I know its not a public school, but Kurker might be the only player for a long time that has came from MIAA
          Kurker was a huge disappointment. A lot is posted about players leaving too early (Bowers most recently). Kurker may have arrived too soon, and screwed himself up, but good.

I have no knowledge of his character or dedication. But from what we could see, he ticked a lot of positive boxes. When he went back to juniors, that was a chance to reset his career. But he never got it done at Northeastern, either.
          Was it too much too soon? Were the scouts that wrong about him? Or some of both??

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
            Kind of like when Joey Mullen was lighting it up against us.
            Joey Mullen was a great player. And while he scored a lot against BU, the Terriers won most of the time. Particularly if it was a big game.
            Ricky Meagher and Mike Eruzione could match him, and raise him one, back in those days.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
              Kurker was a huge disappointment. A lot is posted about players leaving too early (Bowers most recently). Kurker may have arrived too soon, and screwed himself up, but good.

I have no knowledge of his character or dedication. But from what we could see, he ticked a lot of positive boxes. When he went back to juniors, that was a chance to reset his career. But he never got it done at Northeastern, either.
              Was it too much too soon? Were the scouts that wrong about him? Or some of both??
              In my opinion, it has to be both. I would not go near a player who plays high school hockey (Excluding Minn HS and Prep). There is a major drop off between MA high school hockey and Prep hockey. If I was Parker I would not have even let him come to BU unless he played juniors or at least prep for a year. Even his performance in the USHL shows his play does not live up to his draft position. Never a PPG player in junior A as a 20 year old 2nd round pick. So definitely both played a part

Comment

I've uploaded the rest of the 2009 tournament games to my Google drive along with the 2007 Beanpot semifinal:

2007 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs NU
                2009 Beanpot Championship BU vs NU
                2009 Hockey East Semifinal BU vs BC
                2009 Hockey East Championship BU vs UML
                2009 NCAA Northeast Regional Semifinal BU vs OSU
                2009 NCAA Northeast Regional Final BU vs UNH

I also uploaded a Jack Falla tribute that was on the tape after the Hockey East championship game.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by cridge View Post
                  In my opinion, it has to be both. I would not go near a player who plays high school hockey (Excluding Minn HS and Prep). There is a major drop off between MA high school hockey and Prep hockey. If I was Parker I would not have even let him come to BU unless he played juniors or at least prep for a year. Even his performance in the USHL shows his play does not live up to his draft position. Never a PPG player in junior A as a 20 year old 2nd round pick. So definitely both played a part
                  Do take note that Kurker's linemates at Malden Catholic were Mike Vecchione and Ryan Fitzgerald, both who went on to have very good NCAA careers at Union and BC respectively.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                  BC - 12
                  BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

I've uploaded the rest of the 2009 tournament games to my Google drive along with the 2007 Beanpot semifinal:

2007 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs NU
                    2009 Beanpot Championship BU vs NU
                    2009 Hockey East Semifinal BU vs BC
                    2009 Hockey East Championship BU vs UML
                    2009 NCAA Northeast Regional Semifinal BU vs OSU
                    2009 NCAA Northeast Regional Final BU vs UNH

I also uploaded a Jack Falla tribute that was on the tape after the Hockey East championship game.

Sean
                    These are fantastic. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                      Do take note that Kurker's linemates at Malden Catholic were Mike Vecchione and Ryan Fitzgerald, both who went on to have very good NCAA careers at Union and BC respectively.
                      I just realized that I mixed Kurker up with Brendan Collier, though Collier's career turned out quite similar to Kurker's. Perhaps a more apt comparison would be to Colin Blackwell, who also went to SJP, and was a solid, though injury prone player for Harvard.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                        I'm glad some people are watching and enjoying the games. I've just uploaded another 4 HD games to my Google drive:

2005 Beanpot Championship BU vs NU (edited)
                        2013 Hockey East Quarterfinals game 2 MC at BU
                        2014 Feb 28 NU at BU (Jack Parker #6 retirement ceremony)
                        2015 NCAA Midwest Regional Regional Final RIT vs UNO (missing first 10 minutes & edited)

That makes 100 games I've converted and uploaded in the past 2 weeks, 79 which are BU games. I've also added more additional material
                        Boston's Great 80's
                        Brendan Walsh remembrances
                        BU by the Numbers

Everyone who remembers the Boston sports scene in the eighties should watch Boston's Great 80's.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                        NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Thanks again Sean
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                            Yes, thanks, Sean.

I just watched the 1994 NCAA QF game vs. Wisconsin. The 1993-94 and 1994-95 BU teams may be my favorites of the 50+ years I've followed Terrier hockey.

Consider:

Two year record - 65-13-3
                            Two HE Reg Season Titles (one shared)
                            Two HE Postseason Titles
                            Two Final Fours
                            Two Appearances in NC Title Game
                            One National Championship

There may have been BU teams with greater talent (see 1989-90, 1990-91, 2008-09), but these were teams on which future NHLers Jay Pandolfo and Shawn Bates skated the third line each season.

Each of these teams was solid through all three zones.

Each team had an identity because no one left after 1 or 2 seasons. Through these seasons only 1 player, Mike Pomichter, left after 3 seasons. For the most, the lines and defense pairings were consistent throughout each season. You pretty much knew what you'd see from game to game.
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                              Sean, do you happen to have the 2001 and/or the 2004 Beanpot Final?
                              I am uploading the edited 2002 and 2004 Beanpot championships to my drive. The full version of the 2002 Beanpot championship should be available at a later date.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

I am uploading the edited 2002 and 2004 Beanpot championships to my drive. The full version of the 2002 Beanpot championship should be available at a later date.

Sean
                                Thank you, Sean. For someone not exactly technically savvy-- how do I watch your Google drive? Do I need a subscription? A password? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X