Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Sean, Do you have the 2008-09 season highlights video that Brendan Mahoney created and duplicated on CDs? We handed them out at that summer's BU Hockey Roundtable. Would be a good addition to your roster.
    I remember hearing about the CD, but if I have one I have no idea where it currently is.

Sean
    Last edited by Sean Pickett; 03-30-2020, 03:46 PM.
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
      I remeber hearing about the CD, but if I have on I have no idea where it currently is.

Sean
      Be glad to send it to you. Let me know.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I uploaded most of BU's 1995 postseason run, except for the NCAA semifinal vs Minnesota. I was not able to record it, but I thought I had a copy from a friend, but I haven't found it yet:
        1995 Hockey East Quarterfinal MC at BU
        1995 Hockey East Semifinal BU vs UML
        1995 Hockey East Championship BU vs PC
        1995 NCAA Quarterfinal BU vs LSSU
        Caught the Minnesota semi in a sports bar 25 years ago today and made a new BU friend with whom I'm still in touch. Tied after two periods, BU scored four in the third for a 7-3 with Minnesota native Derek Herlofsky shutting down the Gophers.

Today's other "This Day" game is the gut-wrenching triple OT loss to Northern Michigan. Found several clips from the game: Sacco's game-tying goal and Amonte's near game-winner; O'Sullivan and McEachern's shots off iron in the first OT; and the entire 1:57 of the final OT with Plandowski beating Cashman. 29 years later...still hurts. terrierhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Caught the Minnesota semi in a sports bar 25 years ago today and made a new BU friend with whom I'm still in touch. Tied after two periods, BU scored four in the third for a 7-3 with Minnesota native Derek Herlofsky shutting down the Gophers.
          I found the BU vs Minnesota semifinal and I've just finished converting it. I've uploaded it as well as the two BU Mariucci Classic games.

Today's other "This Day" game is the gut-wrenching triple OT loss to Northern Michigan. Found several clips from the game: Sacco's game-tying goal and Amonte's near game-winner; O'Sullivan and McEachern's shots off iron in the first OT; and the entire 1:57 of the final OT with Plandowski beating Cashman. 29 years later...still hurts. terrierhockey.blogspot.com
          I've never watched a single video clip from that game and I never will.

Be glad to send it to you. Let me know.
          At this time I'm focused on converting the games in my tape library. Maybe later (much later).

Sean

BU Hockey Games
          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

- Scored 1 minute into the game.
            - Two more goals and we were sitting pretty at 3-0 after 1 period.
            - The depth in scoring was helping us, as the top line was shut-down until the incredible comeback started with what, 8 minutes to go?
            - But the wheels fell off. I believe NMU had two Hobey finalists that year, in Scott Beattie (89 points) and defenseman Brad Werenka.
            - My favorite goal in that game was Tomlinson's that made it 6-4 NMU (we would then give one up to again go down by 3). He's being tripped up as he's shooting, and as he starts his shooting motion, there is no space between Pye's pads. But he opens them up ever so slightly as Sniper finishes his shot - just enough for the puck to sneak through.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I've uploaded a cornucopia of games to my Google Drive; the 1995 Beanpot championship, the 1995 Badger Showdown BU games, November 2005 DU at BU game, December 2005 BU at BC game, 2000 NCAA first round game vs SCSU, plus the entire 1989 ECAC championship weekend.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

I've uploaded a cornucopia of games to my Google Drive; the 1995 Beanpot championship, the 1995 Badger Showdown BU games, November 2005 DU at BU game, December 2005 BU at BC game, 2000 NCAA first round game vs SCSU, plus the entire 1989 ECAC championship weekend.

Sean
                Is there a link to these? Sorry if it's a repetitive question.
                Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Originally posted by wysi View Post
                  Is there a link to these? Sorry if it's a repetitive question.
                  The link is in the post “Google Drive”

Comment

Thanks Sean
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                      The link is in the post “Google Drive”
                      Wow, I didn't know that either. Would be awesome if the forum software made it, you know, apparent that something was a link.

And Sean, an enormous thanks for putting this treasure trove together!
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I skimmed through that list. I remember when the Pot was on channel 68. Think as late as '98? And I think it was more than just the BU games. Not sure when NESN got in on the action. And of course much better crowds in general as you go back in time. Even for NCAA regionals.

Comment

I also encourage you to watch the beginning of that '95 Beanpot open. Wow, imagine announcers dressing like that today! Looks more like a wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I also encourage you to watch the beginning of that '95 Beanpot open. Wow, imagine announcers dressing like that today! Looks more like a wedding.
                            If I’m not mistaken, that was the last Beanpot in the Garden and that’s why they did that.

Comment

If you watched highlights of the '95 national championship game win over Maine--25 years ago today--or the full game on Sean's google drive, the chronicle of that "triple crown" season, written by Mark Hurlman, is a nice complement. https://terrierhockey2.blogspot.com/...t-busters.html

The '94-'95 team had incredible offensive depth. Two of the forwards on the third line, Jay Pandolfo and Shawn Bates, had significant NHL careers. They teamed with Mike Sylvia for the back-breaker in the championship game.
                              Last edited by Rogie21; 04-01-2020, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                I'm still annoyed about that penalty called on Mike Grier.
                                Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X