Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
    P.S. Sean, can you post your contact info again? Thanks.
    I've actually never posted my contact info, please send me an email through the forum contact form.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
      I uploaded four more Beanpot games to my Google drive:

1991 Beanpot Championship BU vs BC
      1992 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs NU
      1992 Beanpot Semifinal BC vs Harvard
      1992 Beanpot Championship BU vs Harvard

The 1991 Championship game is mostly from a recent rebroadcast, but I edited back in the missing game action and intermission pieces, as well as the post game celebration and awards ceremony.

Sean
      Awesome, thanks! The 1991 Championship game is one of my treasured memories.
      Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Wish I could watch. I have no idea why I am unable to play these games.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Wish I could watch. I have no idea why I am unable to play these games.
          Neither do I, since they are all playing for me.

Is anyone else having trouble? I'm looking at online storage and streaming solutions for indefinite availability for these games. So far Google drive appears to be the best, as for now they let you keep what you uploaded online, even if you later stop playing for the storage space.

Sean
          Last edited by Sean Pickett; 04-21-2020, 09:20 AM.

BU Hockey Games
          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by wysi View Post
            Awesome, thanks! The 1991 Championship game is one of my treasured memories.
            That one was a bit of a pain to edit back together using my taped copy to fill in the gaps since the edited version was:
            1) actually trimmed where the TV38 commercial breaks had been to edit out TV38 onscreen graphics, and sometimes a shot of the crowd or coaches was edited in over Bob and Sean talking to hide the edit. I mostly let these trims go, but you may have noticed the switch from the NESN broadcast the the TV38 broadcast (1:14:44) when they go to a closeup of Bradley just before a draw. In the NESN version Bob Norton seemly randomly mentions David Emma was a pretty good prep baseball player just after the draw. While this non-sequitur makes more sense with the clip edited back in the reason I did so was because they talked about Bradley being a good baseball player and playing on BU's team (as for the reason baseball was mentioned, that stoppage was used to plug the Baseball Beanpot - which I edited out).
            2) of the two chunks they edited out, the one in the first was easy to find, since the went to Tom Larson, but the one in the third required watching the action more closely, which took more time (at least it was easy to tell, since the NESN broadcast went from a faceoff outside the BC zone to MacDonald being injured in the BU zone. The lack of the time always onscreen makes a big difference. Also, the intro and the post game were a bit harder to edit with the NESN broadcast as they cut the beginning and end without regard to commercial breaks. You can probably tell my edits are not seamless for either, but I hope they are acceptable.

If you watch the game please give me feedback about my editing, as well as my editing of the 2005 Beanpot championship game. There are a few more games that I will be able to edit the same way if there is interest. I'm also considering eventually editing commercials out of the games, although that is way down on my list of thing to do.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
            NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

That one was a bit of a pain to edit back together using my taped copy to fill in the gaps since the edited version was:
              1) actually trimmed where the TV38 commercial breaks had been to edit out TV38 onscreen graphics, and sometimes a shot of the crowd or coaches was edited in over Bob and Sean talking to hide the edit. I mostly let these trims go, but you may have noticed the switch from the NESN broadcast the the TV38 broadcast (1:14:44) when they go to a closeup of Bradley just before a draw. In the NESN version Bob Norton seemly randomly mentions David Emma was a pretty good prep baseball player just after the draw. While this non-sequitur makes more sense with the clip edited back in the reason I did so was because they talked about Bradley being a good baseball player and playing on BU's team (as for the reason baseball was mentioned, that stoppage was used to plug the Baseball Beanpot - which I edited out).
              2) of the two chunks they edited out, the one in the first was easy to find, since the went to Tom Larson, but the one in the third required watching the action more closely, which took more time (at least it was easy to tell, since the NESN broadcast went from a faceoff outside the BC zone to MacDonald being injured in the BU zone. The lack of the time always onscreen makes a big difference. Also, the intro and the post game were a bit harder to edit with the NESN broadcast as they cut the beginning and end without regard to commercial breaks. You can probably tell my edits are not seamless for either, but I hope they are acceptable.

If you watch the game please give me feedback about my editing, as well as my editing of the 2005 Beanpot championship game. There are a few more games that I will be able to edit the same way if there is interest. I'm also considering eventually editing commercials out of the games, although that is way down on my list of thing to do.

Sean
              I watched the first two periods last night (I had forgotten how close the game was halfway through!) and the edits I saw were very well done.

Years later my friend (who sadly died four years ago) sent me his painter's hat from that night. Mine ended up on the ice after Amonte's third goal.
              Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Originally posted by wysi View Post
                I watched the first two periods last night (I had forgotten how close the game was halfway through!) and the edits I saw were very well done.

Years later my friend (who sadly died four years ago) sent me his painter's hat from that night. Mine ended up on the ice after Amonte's third goal.
                I was WAY up in the rafters that night. In fact, I had an obstructed view seat in the last row, so I was generally standing in the aisle behind my seat so I could shift left to right to see what I needed to see. The column was literally blocking my view of the goal that all those goals were scored into. I didn't even realize the third goal was Amonte's - I thought it was Tkachuk since you see him also swipe at the puck. We were banging on the duct work over our heads, going crazy. And then that last goal just before the end of the period was like a dagger.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  I was WAY up in the rafters that night. In fact, I had an obstructed view seat in the last row, so I was generally standing in the aisle behind my seat so I could shift left to right to see what I needed to see. The column was literally blocking my view of the goal that all those goals were scored into. I didn't even realize the third goal was Amonte's - I thought it was Tkachuk since you see him also swipe at the puck. We were banging on the duct work over our heads, going crazy. And then that last goal just before the end of the period was like a dagger.
                  I had forgotten about the Bavis (RIP) goal with one second left. Totally killed the Eagles.

We were lucky that we worked part-time for the Athletic Department from '89-'91, and simply had tickets set aside for us. We were in the lower level just to the (camera) right of the BU bench both years, and my girlfriend and I were clearly visible in the picture in the Globe of Mike Sullivan hoisting the Pot in 1990.

Also, watching the game left me amazed once again that we were lucky enough to have gotten to watch all that talent out on the ice at once, and I'm talking about both teams!
                  Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Here are the most recent games I've uploaded to my Google drive:

1993 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs BC
                    1993 Beanpot Semifinal NU vs Harvard
                    1994 was there even a Beanpot?
                    1995 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs NU
                    1995 Beanpot Semifinal BC vs Harvard
                    1996 Beanpot Semifinal NU vs Harvard
                    1996 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs BC
                    1996 Beanpot Championship BU vs NU
                    2010 Oct 22 BU at UMass
                    2011 Dec 02 BU at BC

I posted the complete list on the Finding old games to watch thread.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                    NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

I've uploaded a bumper crop of games to my Google drive since the last update:

1997 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs Harvard
                      1997 Beanpot Semifinal BC vs NU
                      1997 Beanpot Championship BU vs BC
                      1998 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs NU
                      1998 Beanpot Semifinal BC vs Harvard
                      1998 Beanpot Championship BU vs Harvard
                      1998 Feb 21 PC at BU
                      2011 Jan 09 BU at UVM
                      2011 Jan 15 Harvard at BU
                      2011 Feb 11 BU at UMass
                      2011 Feb 26 UVM at BU
                      2011 Nov 13 BU at BC
                      2012 Jan 13 BU at NU
                      2012 Jan 20 PC at BU
                      2012 Feb 03 BU at MC
                      2012 Nov 09 BU at MC
                      2015 Hockey East Quarterfinals game 2 MC at BU

That bring the total to 160 BU games and 35 non-BU games.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                      NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Since the number of games and bonus material on my Google drive has past the point where updating and posting the complete list has become unwieldy I have spent some time this afternoon creating an index for the games in Google sheets. Every full game is listed by date, with season, both teams, tournament info and notes (if any). I've also created columns to the right that show if a game involved a team for ease of filtering for just, say, BU () or BC () or Harvard () or NU () games. At the bottom of teh index is the list of bonus material on the drive. Hopefully, this will make looking for a game easier.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                        NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Does anyone remember Keith Emery? I was just converting the 2000 Beanpot championship game (coming soon to a Google drive near you ) and he got into a major fight at the end of the game. I don't recall him at all, despite the fact he played in 103 games from 1997-2001.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Does anyone remember Keith Emery? I was just converting the 2000 Beanpot championship game (coming soon to a Google drive near you ) and he got into a major fight at the end of the game. I don't recall him at all, despite the fact he played in 103 games from 1997-2001.

Sean
                            He was a walk-on defenseman from the greater Boston area. As I recall, he had some success early in his career, but was a DNP later. I'm relying on an increasingly faulty memory here.
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Sean
                              He was from Belmont. His mom was my dental hygienist. My cleanings would take longer than usual because we’d talk about hockey for so much of it.

Comment

I just watched the BU - Lake St game in the 1995 NCAA QF, Kai Linna's hat trick game. ESPN displayed a graphic stating it was his 3rd career hatty. Sean?
                                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                                X