• Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    2012 Nov 30 BC at BU
    -glorious HD
    Grzelcyk is soooo good.
    Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      "Not reopening until January" could mean a lot of things. I'm sure they would move to online courses for first semester but could they also be ok with housing just athletes? They could take their online classes and compete in games even if no fans allowed. So many things in play here I really don't know the logistics of it all. Maybe you have to chop off the first month of the season? But then I am sure you will have people saying let's just chop off the first semester and everyone will play only league games in the 2nd semester.
      All depends onhow this evolves. If i had to guess it would seem that multi thousand person crowds at sporting events may be one of the last things to come back..

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        All depends onhow this evolves. If i had to guess it would seem that multi thousand person crowds at sporting events may be one of the last things to come back..
        It likely will be. There's almost no greater risk activity for the spread of viral infections than crowds at sporting events and concerts. Determining when these events, with spectators, should come back should be viewed as the end of the road.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          Maintaining social distance at Agganis would have been very easy task this past decade

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            It likely will be. There's almost no greater risk activity for the spread of viral infections than crowds at sporting events and concerts. Determining when these events, with spectators, should come back should be viewed as the end of the road.
            Polling seems to be showing that a significant majority of sporting fans won't come back out anyway until a vaccine is available.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
            BC - 12
            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
              Thanks for the very generous offer.

Thanks. My bank has partnered with Zelle and I also have a PayPal account, or an old fashioned check works. If you are interested just send me a message on your preferred choice and I will send you the information.

Sean
              Hi Sean - I tried sending you an email through the USCHO site. Did you receive it? It included my direct email address which I'd rather not post on the open site. I do want to start the ball rolling on funding the necessary technology to permanently archive the games you've uploaded, and I'd welcome anyone else joining me if they are of like mind.

Comment

Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
                Hi Sean - I tried sending you an email through the USCHO site. Did you receive it? It included my direct email address which I'd rather not post on the open site. I do want to start the ball rolling on funding the necessary technology to permanently archive the games you've uploaded, and I'd welcome anyone else joining me if they are of like mind.
                Hi, I just sent you a second email. If you don't get it let me know and I can use a different email address.

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
                  Sean, I too sent you a direct message here!
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                    Polling seems to be showing that a significant majority of sporting fans won't come back out anyway until a vaccine is available.
                    While true, taking that poll in the midst of the worst part of this pandemic isn't going to produce the most relevant results to sports occurring 6-8 months from now. Public polling on these kinds of things is like asking people their thoughts on the weather.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Sean, I too sent you a direct message here!
                      I am a frequent reader but almost never post. However, I am very grateful for Sean Pickett's posting of complete vintage games and would like to know how I might contribute some money to help him with the expenses involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Eddie Effinger, the Director of Hockey Operations, left to take a head coaching job at St. Olaf College. Every time I hear St. Olaf, I think of Betty White’s character on Golden Girls.
                        My wife's favorite show. They are still showing reruns on Hallmark Channel. She has watched every rerun about 1,000 times.

Comment

Here are the latest games I've uploaded to my Google drive:

1990 Hockey East Quarterfinals game 2 NU at BU
                          -when you've said Joe Sacco you've said it all
                          1990 Hockey East Quarterfinals game 3 BU at BU
                          -dogfight
                          1995 Nov 14 BU at Maine
                          -the rematch
                          1995 #500 Nov 21 Cornell at BU
                          -and retroactively #501
                          1998 Hockey East Quarterfinals game 2 MC at BU
                          -the ugly
                          1998 Hockey East Quarterfinals game 3 MC at BU
                          -the bad
                          (and I'm not talking about the tape the games were on, which was both)
                          2006 NCAA Northeast Regional Semifinal BU vs UNO
                          -the good
                          2007 Nov 16 BU at UVM
                          -goals, goals, goals
                          2009 Feb 27 BU at UMass
                          -comeback kids

bonus material
                          1990 NCAA First Round game 3 highlights UND at BU

When I started converting my old tapes I thought I had no BU losses and with the '98 HE QF game 3 I believe that brings the total I have found and digitized to 7 (not including the '91 title game).

Sean
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Eddie Effinger, the Director of Hockey Operations, left to take a head coaching job at St. Olaf College. Every time I hear St. Olaf, I think of Betty White’s character on Golden Girls.
                            Effinger takes over what has been an ongoing disaster at St. Olaf.

Former Wisconsin coach Mike Eaves was there and departed for Cleveland of the AHL before the start of the season. Eaves had a poor tenure, and the players that hadn't transferred couldn't wait for him to leave. They only won four games all season and the interim coach was not retained.

Effinger has nowhere to go but up, since they are at rock bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                              Perhaps you're right. But we're all assessing this situation while in the midst of the maelstrom. By July, August the situation may be entirely different. Conceding that all colleges must look far into the future while making their decisions.
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                                Perhaps you're right. But we're all assessing this situation while in the midst of the maelstrom. By July, August the situation may be entirely different. Conceding that all colleges must look far into the future while making their decisions.
                                It's very reasonable and correct that no one should be making these kind of projections right now. The range of possibilities of where we are on October 1 is very broad. Anywhere from much worse than expected to fairly better than expected. No one knows at this point.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X