Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    Reports have Paul Pearl as a finalist for the Dartmouth job, which is likely going to a Big Green alumnus.
    No reason he should not have the ambition to be a head coach again, but he would be a big loss were he to leave BU.
    https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...nal-Phase-.php

Pearl the last of five listed here. Tough to see the job not going to one of the other four who all have ties to Dartmouth or the surrounding area.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

https://www.32auctions.com/organizat..._items/2247338
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I continue to cleanup the games I've already uploaded to my Google drive and there are now over 100 and counting. I also uploaded a few more games, including several less likely to be seen by BU fans:

1992-01-31 BU at Maine
        1998-01-03 Niagara at BU
        1998-03-05 BU at NU
        2002-12-28 GL Semifinal BU vs MSU
        2002-12-29 GLI Championship BU vs Michigan
        2004-01-03 BU at Minnesota

Both the Niagara and NU games were not televised, so you would pretty much have to have been at the games to have seen them (or have access to the team videos). I also believe that to get the GLI and BU at Minnesota game would have required the right sports package.

I also upgraded the video of the 1992 Beanpot championship game.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

The one game I’ve been trying to watch on Sean’s Google Drive is the 1986 Hockey East Championship game. Thankfully I just saw that NESN+ is showing it tonight!!

Mind you, there are plenty other games I want to watch but I still can’t get it to work on my laptop.

Comment

I'm really sorry you can't watch the games Scarlet. Did you try downloading a game to see if it runs on the computer locally? By the way, what browser are you using?

I'm still working on cleaning up the games I've already uploaded and and converting the rest of the games I have on tape. I also have uploaded a few more (cleaned) games to my Google drive:

2006-01-07 BU at NU
            2006-01-13 Maine at BU
            2006-02-13 Beanpot Championship BC vs BU

With them all BU games (91) I have from the 2005-06 season forward have been cleaned and are on the drive. There were a number of other games I had on my DVR, but which I deleted without bothering to convert. It's unfortunate, but I would probably never have gotten around to converting the games I have on tape if not for the pandemic.

Sean
            Last edited by Sean Pickett; 06-01-2020, 09:02 PM.

BU Hockey Games
            NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

It's been a long time since I've posted, but I check the thread from time to time. Hope fans are doing okay.

Question for Sean: Is your Google Drive collection still up? I've misplaced the link. I've looked back a couple of months and haven't spotted it. (Maybe I've gotten blinded by too much Zoom.) In any case keep up the great work. And thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                It's been a long time since I've posted, but I check the thread from time to time. Hope fans are doing okay.

Question for Sean: Is your Google Drive collection still up? I've misplaced the link. I've looked back a couple of months and haven't spotted it. (Maybe I've gotten blinded by too much Zoom.) In any case keep up the great work. And thanks!
                https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eT...Gj_in1UusUhzIA

He posts the link in the "Google drive" text of his posts, but the forum software does a bad job of noting that text.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Does anyone have an idea when we will find out who the grad transfer is?

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                    As stated, the I embed the link, but the forum doesn't highlight it (at least not in Chrome - does in Safari). The current plan is to keep the games online indefinitely. At this time I'm still working on removing commercials and intermission breaks to reduce the file sizes and also to convert and upload the remaining games I have on tape. I've cleaned the games from the 2004-05 season already on the drive and I've just finished uploading the following games which completes all the games I have for that season:

2004-10-16 UVM at BU
                    2004-10-31 Maine at BU
                    2004-11-19 BU at UML
                    2004-12-03 BC at BU
                    2004-12-04 BU at UMass
                    2005-01-07 BU at NU
                    2005-01-21 BU at Maine

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                    NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                      As stated, the I embed the link, but the forum doesn't highlight it (at least not in Chrome - does in Safari). The current plan is to keep the games online indefinitely. At this time I'm still working on removing commercials and intermission breaks to reduce the file sizes and also to convert and upload the remaining games I have on tape. I've cleaned the games from the 2004-05 season already on the drive and I've just finished uploading the following games which completes all the games I have for that season:

2004-10-16 UVM at BU
                      2004-10-31 Maine at BU
                      2004-11-19 BU at UML
                      2004-12-03 BC at BU
                      2004-12-04 BU at UMass
                      2005-01-07 BU at NU
                      2005-01-21 BU at Maine

Sean
                      Awesome stuff Sean.... really appreciate this.

Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but how do I find the "bonus material"? I see notes about Jack Parker retirement ceremony being there and I also remember a comment about the BU Boathouse which I would be interested in seeing...

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Awesome stuff Sean.... really appreciate this.

Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but how do I find the "bonus material"? I see notes about Jack Parker retirement ceremony being there and I also remember a comment about the BU Boathouse which I would be interested in seeing...
                        I removed all the bonus material from my Google drive to free up space for games and I was planning to upload the bonus material to my YouTube channel once I finished working on the games. However, since you asked I spent the day uploading them to my channel today. Most of the materials are ephemera created as filler for intermissions, but some are longer pieces created for showing between tournament games and/or other sports shows. I've labeled all the extras to start with BM and then usually the year they were shown. There are also a few longer featurettes I happened to tape which I've put up on my channel as well without the leading BM label. Most of the extras are BU related, but there are also some that are about other teams, Hockey East or just college hockey. As I continue to cleanup the remaining games I'll likely be adding more. Once I've completed cleaning up the games and uploading bonus material I'll create a listing of all said material.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                        NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

After 80 days I've reached a milestone: I've finished converting the old games I had on tape to digital video files. I still have to clean and upload several dozen games, but as a start I've uploaded the remaining 1994-95 games I had on tape:

1994-10-15 UNB at BU (exhibition)
                          1994-11-05 BU at UML
                          1994-11-12 NU at BU
                          1994-11-19 UMass at BU
                          1994-11-22 Harvard at BU
                          1994-12-03 BU at Maine
                          1994-12-07 UVM at BU
                          1994-12-10 DC at BU
                          1995-01-06 UNH at BU
                          1995-01-10 BU at PC
                          1995-01-14 NU at BU
                          1995-01-20 BU at BC
                          1995-01-21 BC at BU
                          1995-01-28 UNH at BU
                          1995-02-24 BU at MC
                          1995-02-25 MC at BU

That's a total of 29 of the 40 games played that season (plus the exhibition game). There are 26 wins, one loss and 2 ties, so you can relive most of that championship season. Overall there are currently 260 BU games available, 178 which have been cleaned of commercials and intermissions. With space running very low I'll probably be deleting the non-BU games within a few days to make room for more BU games.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                            Shane Sellar from Dartmouth would also fit that description.
                            Sellar has announced he's headed to RPI as a grad transfer
                            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Okay - time for a little fun: If you could pick a first and second team from all the players that have been at BU since you started watching them play, what would it look like? Here are the parameters:

- as noted, have to be from the time you started following the team
                              - judge them by their play at the peak of their time at BU, not tied into anything they did after BU
                              - 3 F, 2 D, 1 G. I'm not getting into wingers vs. centers, Left D vs. Right D, etc.

Here is mine (started following in 1986-87):

Drury, Eichel, Amonte
                              Poti, Gilroy
                              Larocque

McEachern, Cullen, J. Pandolfo
                              Kelleher, McAvoy
                              McKersie

Lots of really good players not on the list, and I've probably forgotten an obvious one. Kelleher is likely the one others wouldn't include, but I just think his combination of offense and defense during all those FF runs was huge. And McKersie over Curry, Oettinger, DiPietro and others - I thought he had improved so much in that 93-94 season, had he not suffered his accident, he would have been a force.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                Okay - time for a little fun: If you could pick a first and second team from all the players that have been at BU since you started watching them play, what would it look like? Here are the parameters:

- as noted, have to be from the time you started following the team
                                - judge them by their play at the peak of their time at BU, not tied into anything they did after BU
                                - 3 F, 2 D, 1 G. I'm not getting into wingers vs. centers, Left D vs. Right D, etc.
                                This is really an impossible task, especially with defensemen, but here are my teams (1985-86):

First Team
                                Shawn McEachern, Tony Amonte, Chris Drury
                                Rich Brennan, Matt Gilroy
                                John Curry

Second Team
                                David Sacco, Shawn Bates, Peter MacArthur
                                Brian Strait, Matt Grzelcyk
                                Scott Cashman

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Working...
                                X