X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    This is a joke

After the reports from the DoD official, CNBC radio (and I assume the TV broadcast too) cut away from the presser.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19: Do What Now?

Interesting twist on CNBC radio, one analyst says the quickest way through this isn't through bailouts for corporations, but instead:

Shut down the US for 30 (or max 45) days. US Gov't pays your paycheck if you can't work from home. Instant lockdown except for take-out, groceries, limited services. Focus on ramping up healthcare. Get through this "extended spring break," and get back to normal.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Interesting twist on CNBC radio, one analyst says the quickest way through this isn't through bailouts for corporations, but instead:

Shut down the US for 30 (or max 45) days. US Gov't pays your paycheck if you can't work from home. Instant lockdown except for take-out, groceries, limited services. Focus on ramping up healthcare. Get through this "extended spring break," and get back to normal.
        Name a single Republican in either House of Congress that would vote for that. That's why it makes total sense.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

This was one option in the London paper which set off alarms in Washington. The problem with it is that you would only have 30-day windows of somewhat free movement between 60 (45?) day lockdowns, for three years or so. It would keep flaring up.
          What most of us are doing now - distancing, work from home, no gatherings, schools closed, no restaurants etc. for 1-2 years (half the time) provides a slowing-down without pausing the infections, which should lead to a compromise between slightly lower loss of life, and less severe economic recession.
          Last edited by geezer; 03-18-2020, 12:09 PM.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            If you're in your 80's, suffer from diabetes or have emphysema or plugged arteries, hanging out in a nursing home or assisted living facility, this virus is coming for you, and it's probably going to get you.

If you're 21, on the beach intoxicated and sunburned and looking to get laid, you're going to be fine (except for the STD's).

Those are the facts, and there isn't a lot that can be done about it.
            Except then you go home, and pass it on to your parents and grandparents, who might not be the stunning physical specimen that you are.

Are all Midwesterners this thick?
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
              This was one option in the London paper which set off alarms in Washington. ...
              The flare ups must not have been calculated, because this person only proposed the one extended spring break.

Your counterpoints to it makes sense, and I have heard the repeated wave concerns.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Except then you go home, and pass it on to your parents and grandparents, who might not be the stunning physical specimen that you are.

Also, while it shouldn't kill you if you're 21, it can still hot you pretty hard where you maybe need some medical attention, and if the hospitals are already filled up that's suddenly not the fiat accompli you assume it is. A lot of things that aren't fatal suddenly run the possibility if there is no way to get medical attention.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

I think the argument from some (not me) is that it’s going to be everywhere eventually, and kill who it kills, so why inflict all this damage to my stock portfolio trying to fight it? (Answer: a vaccine will eventually be available if we could slow it down dramatically)
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    Also, while it shouldn't kill you if you're 21, it can still hot you pretty hard where you maybe need some medical attention, and if the hospitals are already filled up that's suddenly not the fiat accompli you assume it is. A lot of things that aren't fatal suddenly run the possibility if there is no way to get medical attention.
                    Sure. Every 21 year old on a respirator for two weeks is one less respirator for other people who will need it.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post

No. I'm choosing not to get my hair done, ears pierced, or any tattoos done at this time. What I plan on doing is buying myself gift certificates to those places, then having everything done if this passes soon.

And for work right now, I need to apply at Aldi, Meijer, Sam's Club, Wally, etc. Door Dash won't be profitable at this time.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        I think the argument from some (not me) is that it’s going to be everywhere eventually, and kill who it kills, so why inflict all this damage to my stock portfolio trying to fight it? (Answer: a vaccine will eventually be available if we could slow it down dramatically)

Because its only money. Think of someone besides yourself(not necessarily you) for a change.

Comment

My wife's (!!!!) work is providing free Shipt memberships to all of their employees.

That's the best ****ing idea I've heard yet.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            If you're in your 80's, suffer from diabetes or have emphysema or plugged arteries, hanging out in a nursing home or assisted living facility, this virus is coming for you, and it's probably going to get you.

If you're 21, on the beach intoxicated and sunburned and looking to get laid, you're going to be fine (except for the STD's).

Those are the facts, and there isn't a lot that can be done about it.
                            You're going to have to ditch Trump's talking points from yesterday and get up to speed with today's. That uppity lady doctor (allegedly) that he let up on stage with him basically said that you should expect to see an increase of deaths among youngins because they are being so careless.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Yeah, that would work ****ing brilliantly. Sure it would hurt like getting a gangrenous limb cut off, but it might actually save us.
                              Code:
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                This was one option in the London paper which set off alarms in Washington. The problem with it is that you would only have 30-day windows of somewhat free movement between 60 (45?) day lockdowns, for three years or so. It would keep flaring up.
                                What most of us are doing now - distancing, work from home, no gatherings, schools closed, no restaurants etc. for 1-2 years (half the time) provides a slowing-down without pausing the infections, which should lead to a compromise between slightly lower loss of life, and less severe economic recession.
                                Yeah, but what we're really trying to do a this point is cool the fire down just long enough for the vaccine to arrive. The vaccine is the solution. It won't be three years. It's a race to the vaccine.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X