This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    I thought they concluded dogs couldn't get it.
    Seems they can’t, but it was still a headline since they had this dog quarantined. Dog was old, could have died from that.

Comment

Re: Covfefe-19: Do What Now?

What an asshat

Comment

I agree we shouldn't call it anything but COVID-19. But i also agree we shouldnt let China spread lies about its origin.

Unless of course we did actually plant it... conspiracy!
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          I agree we shouldn't call it anything but COVID-19. But i also agree we shouldnt let China spread lies about its origin.
          When has China ever said otherwise about it's origins?
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Unless of course we did actually plant it... conspiracy!
            It was Hunter Biden in a secret Burisma superlab. He spread it in China to throw off suspicion.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              It was Hunter Biden in a secret Burisma superlab. He spread it in China to throw off suspicion.
              Now, that I can believe! LOL
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Interesting- I was kind of surprised how quickly my company made decisions (based on the real business decisions that have been going on over... different thread). We cut off the outside very quickly- stopped all travel, limited who could enter buildings, etc. And then just as our Governor did the press conference, we went to mass WFH. Still some people testing, so we can be somewhat productive- but you can see that the amount of personal exposure is drastically cut back. It would actually take corporate VP approval for me to go back to my building. And my wife's organization was more painful, but once it was done, they went from "why are you working from home" to "why are you at work when you can work from home". Not required. but VERY encouraged.

Noting the traffic in AA, more are that way than not.
                We drastically reduced travel. Those that can work from home are. We're asked not to bring visitors in unless necessary, and then they are screened. But we are still open. Manufacturing production can't be done from home.

This article is a week old, and I'm not sure if it was already shared, but I'm finding it interesting:
                https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca
                This is what you can conclude:
                Excluding these, countries that are prepared will see a fatality rate of ~0.5% (South Korea) to 0.9% (rest of China).
                Countries that are overwhelmed will have a fatality rate between ~3%-5%
                Put in another way: Countries that act fast can reduce the number of deaths by a factor of ten.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  When has China ever said otherwise about it's origins?
                  It has been reported more than once that they are saying it came from the US.

1 example of many:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/13/asia/china-coronavirus-us-lijian-zhao-intl-hnk/index.html
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

1 example of many:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/13/asia/china-coronavirus-us-lijian-zhao-intl-hnk/index.html
                    Who is they though? The actual president? The government?

Comment

If they had started quarantining people coming in from International locations in January and testing them before allowing them to mix with the population this could have been a nothing burger. Instead WE DID NOTHING for months. Now we're in a complete ****ing **** show.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...virus-n1162226

Florida beaches to remain open. Don't blame the college kids on spring break: they were told it was a hoax and to go about their lives. Besides, if it was serious the beaches would be closed, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          If they had started quarantining people coming in from International locations in January and testing them before allowing them to mix with the population this could have been a nothing burger. Instead WE DID NOTHING for months. Now we're in a complete ****ing **** show.
                          Italy did a pretty darn good job early on closing their borders to many Asian countries, one of the quickest to react in Europe, and they still got it bad.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            Our payloads are even less than I saw with a regional.

Company told the union yesterday they think we can get through this without involuntary furloughs. Sounds like Cathay Pacific is starting to ramp operations back up. Trans States announced a few weeks ago they were shuttering in December...I imagine that will be moved up to in the next month or so.
                            I just have to wonder, when we provided the airlines and all other businesses tax cuts and they used them to buy back stock, why can't they sell stock to balance their books?

Also: **** THOSE COMPANIES
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

1 example of many:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/13/asia/...hnk/index.html
                              That particular diplomat was already called on the carpet for those remarks. I consider them BS and not the word from China.

Look, I'm certainly not going to defend China in just about everything. Their cyberwars, industrial spying, etc. (even in their not fully disclosing information on this pandemic) is wretched. But, nowhere do I believe China is officially trying to pass the buck on where this virus originated.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I just have to wonder, when we provided the airlines and all other businesses tax cuts and they used them to buy back stock, why can't they sell stock to balance their books?

Also: **** THOSE COMPANIES
                                They have made bank on fees after 9/11 and got huge tax breaks. I know delta has some some profit sharing, not sure others did.

They should all get to back of the line, along with everyone who said Bernie is as bad as trump

Comment

Working...
                                X