X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: Do What Now?

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

Brilliant!

Rumor here in Mexico is Sunday Night the border closes...but there is no proof and I would think if the rumor had any legs the media would be all over it.

I am still leaving Sunday though
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

3/20 complete.

New US cases by date:

Code:
        3/01       0
        3/02      25
        3/03      24
        3/04      34
        3/05      63
        3/06      98
        3/07     116
        3/08     106
        3/09     163
        3/10     290
        3/11     307
        3/12     396
        3/13     550
        3/14     696
        3/15     737
        3/16     983
        3/17   1,748
        3/18   2,848
        3/19   4,530
        3/20   5,594
        New US deaths by date:

Code:
        3/01      0
        3/02      5
        3/03      3
        3/04      2
        3/05      1
        3/06      3
        3/07      4
        3/08      3
        3/09      4
        3/10      4
        3/11      8
        3/12      3
        3/13      8
        3/14      8
        3/15     11
        3/16     18
        3/17     23
        3/18     41
        3/19     57
        3/20     49
        Worldwide there were 30,665 new cases yesterday, and 1,356 new deaths.
        Last edited by Kepler; 03-21-2020, 07:49 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Never. Most of them are as rock stupid as he is.
          It isn't just that they're stupid. He hates the same people they hate. He makes the people they hate angry. He makes it acceptable for them to express their bigotry. That's worth everything to them. If anything goes wrong, it's the black guy's fault or Hillary's emails or George Soros...never Sniffles or his GOP allies.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            When I hear these reports what always comes to mind is, did nobody try this in the last 3 months? It seems like the first thing you would do in Wuhan is find out which of every conceivable anti-viral drug is most effective.
            Or is it that it’s helpful only in the UK population for some reason?
            Wait... you’re not on Facebook are you?
            Yes, it has been tried - in the UK, US and Italy - probably China too - in the last three months. The US and China have studies underway, but as it has cured some patients, it seems hopeful. Medical personal are throwing any anti viral at it that they know of. Most have not worked, but this one shows promise. Some good news amongst a lot of bad news!
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Congratulations. You see through bull****.
              Why is it bull****? Because you didn't know about it?
              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  As said before, there's no testing going on in the UP. They are part of the state that thinks this is a hoax based on statements a month ago. Relative to those of us down south, I suspect they will get hit pretty hard. And the people panicking with guns will be a problem for themselves.
                  Wha??? There is testing going on in the UP. Marquette has at least one case I know of. A Canadian woman, with the virus, flew into the US Soo. Busy there trying to round up those who were on the flight for testing.

Yoopers think it's a hoax? I suppose a few do. Just like a few of the radical left think the sky is falling. Hard to tell how hard we will be hit. There are good things - low population density - very active out of doors - social distancing is already a way of life and bad things - poor health care - older population - unhealthy lifestyle in regards to smoking, drinking and eating.

If guns are a problem then Detroit area is going to get slammed.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Saw snowmobiles heading north yesterday, good to see them staying home and abiding by the no unnecessary travel suggestions.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

A fascinating animated bar graph within this piece from BBC...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105

Amazing to see how the various countries shift-about in the order. (Edit): If the graph continues to be updated and available, it may clearly indicate the countries that handled the situation well, and those who failed miserably.

Edit 2: After some ‘shower thoughts’, this data should probably be normalized by population density to provide a better indication on a country-by-country comparison.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                      Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 03-21-2020, 07:46 AM.
                      Dave
                      RIT - '90

Comment

Comment

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/03/21...-cold-symptoms

Relatively speaking (per thousand people or per million people), the number per million tested in Iceland is almost 4× the number per million tested in South Korea. (South Korea was testing 10,000 people a day before the US had even tested 5,000 — despite both countries having their first case confirmed on the same day — and appears to be second in regards to number of people tested per million. The country has tested approximately 268,000 people, or about 1 out of every 200 people.)

“deCode has published the results of a total of 5 490 tests. Those have yielded 47 positive results (0.86%) indicating that the prevalence of the virus is modest among the general population,” the Government of Iceland reports. “A total of 409 cases have been identified in Iceland since the first case on February 28th. One person with COVID-19 has died. Six individuals with COVID-19 are hospitalized, one in intensive care.”
                          ---
                          Commenting on the country’s good results, South Korean Foreign Minister Kang Kyung-wha told the BBC, “Testing is central because that leads to early detection, it minimises further spread and it quickly treats those found with the virus. That is the key behind our very low fatality rate as well.”

It has been said many times: Test, test, test.

Unfortunately, the United States has been one of the worst — if not the worst — for testing for COVID-19.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            3/20 complete. New cases by date:

New US cases per day:

Code:
                            3/01       0
                            3/02      25
                            3/03      24
                            3/04      34
                            3/05      63
                            3/06      98
                            3/07     116
                            3/08     106
                            3/09     163
                            3/10     290
                            3/11     307
                            3/12     396
                            3/13     550
                            3/14     696
                            3/15     737
                            3/16     983
                            3/17   1,748
                            3/18   2,848
                            3/19   4,530
                            3/20   5,594
                            The CDGR (like CAGR, but daily) in cases has been remarkably stable. If we start on 3/7 (first day with 100+ cases), then by 3/12 the CDGR has steadied out to 41% more cases every day. By 3/20, it was at 38.5%.

Something's gotta give soon - projecting out 38.5% CDGR means that all 330M people in the US will be infected by April 19.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              Wha??? There is testing going on in the UP. Marquette has at least one case I know of. A Canadian woman, with the virus, flew into the US Soo. Busy there trying to round up those who were on the flight for testing.

Yoopers think it's a hoax? I suppose a few do. Just like a few of the radical left think the sky is falling. Hard to tell how hard we will be hit. There are good things - low population density - very active out of doors - social distancing is already a way of life and bad things - poor health care - older population - unhealthy lifestyle in regards to smoking, drinking and eating.

If guns are a problem then Detroit area is going to get slammed.
                              So somehow the two people I know who are sick are not getting the testing, and they were part of the market workers trying to keep people supplied. Seems to me, being on the front like for helping people and exposure, they should have been tested. Instead, they were just sent home with hopes.

And the gun part was noting geezers post that people in the same area I'm talking about (Houghton) plan on taking their guns out and looking for looters.

Given that situation hasn't happened here in Metro Detroit, they were making up fears. Which is really dangerous.

Comment

BTW, the people in the red states that face the worst are the minority poor. The ones who are so tired of their situation that they don't bother voting as nobody helps. They have very little access to healthcare, and just as bad access to healthy food.

And it's pretty realistic to think that their situation was not because of lack of THEIR effort- it was real effort to keep minorities down. It happens in blue states, for sure- so it's natural to think its worse in red states.

The other people we should be worried about are the worker immigrants- the ones dumpy blames for bringing in the virus. In spite of the actual numbers from Mexico. They are going to get no help, they are not going to have access to hospitals, they can't go home anymore.

I think we hear more from New York, SF, and Washington is that they accept this problem, and want to make sure that the public there are 100% aware. But I suspect there is real suppression of info in other areas.

I very much hope I am wrong. Very much.

Comment

Working...
                                X