X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: Do What Now?

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    This isn't getting old.
    It is by far, the best part of Veep which is the highest of compliments because everything on that show was genius! When Jonah has rallies and the guy just always yells out "Kill her!" it is just so perfect for the country we live in now.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I heard the swans and dolphins thing was fake.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        The canals in Venice have swans, dolphins and other animals swimming in them because there is no boats. My guess is this quarantine is going to lower lots of levels of various pollutions over the next 18 months. This is the Earth showing us who is boss.
        When Atlanta held the Olympics they shut down a lot of traffic. The ERs had demonstrably less full of patients with Pulmonary conditions. They restarted things and there was a sudden influx. Back to 'normal'.

Maybe this sudden decrease in all the pollutants will be helpful for some. Too bad they are telling people to stay away unless they think they are dying. Otherwise you could probably get some amazing numbers showing what the difference of allowing particulate matter and all the other crud into the air does compared to encouraging decreases.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          The canals in Venice have swans, dolphins and other animals swimming in them because there is no boats. My guess is this quarantine is going to lower lots of levels of various pollutions over the next 18 months. This is the Earth showing us who is boss.
          People: There's no way we can reduce carbon emissions and save the planet from climate change!
          Mother Nature: Here's a virus. Practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I heard the swans and dolphins thing was fake.
            Might be...but the pictures of the canals themselves looked much cleaner

My overall point still stands though. The Earth will be better off. Just look at what happened in Jhina
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              People: There's no way we can reduce carbon emissions and save the planet from climate change!
              Mother Nature: Here's a virus. Practice.
              Technically, the issues that are clearing up have nothing to do with CO2, but with HC, NOx and CO, as well as other bad chemicals. So in that respect, it kind of confirms the Obama admin changes to keep lowering the emissions. I'm sure Wuhan also points that out.

That being said, it would be very interesting to see CO2 changes over the last few weeks, to see what the global effect would be- since we are pretty sure of the climate change around that. Especially with the scrambling the USSR and Saudi Arabia is doing wrt oil production.

The sad thing is that the idea of "thoughts and prayers" will overwhelm the scientific evidence that we can go farther than we are currently going- which shows that cleaner is actually better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                It is by far, the best part of Veep which is the highest of compliments because everything on that show was genius! When Jonah has rallies and the guy just always yells out "Kill her!" it is just so perfect for the country we live in now.
                I love seeing interviews with the guy that played Jonah. Very informative and hilarious.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

What about New Jersey? 890 positive cases on 1240 tests?

Again, I don’t doubt Southerners are going to get hit harder, based on being unhealthier on almost every measurable metric. I just don’t think, at this point right now, (not two weeks or two months from now), that all southern states are already getting behind on testing. or aren’t doing enough testing, etc. No need to demonize Southerners for making the US look bad yet.

Comment

Originally posted by psych View Post

Again, I don’t doubt Southerners are going to get hit harder, based on being unhealthier on almost every measurable metric. I just don’t think, at this point right now, (not two weeks or two months from now), that all southern states are already getting behind on testing. or aren’t doing enough testing, etc. No need to demonize Southerners for making the US look bad yet.
                    They also have significantly fewer hospital and ICU beds.

Pretty easy to demonize them, they give us lots of options. From Florida reps going out and partying or wearing gas masks, churches staying open in defiance of orders, politicians rejecting healthcare funding in Missouri, claiming this is a hoax, etc.

All you have to do is look at testing rates per capita. Blue states are way ahead even if you take away California, Washington, and New York. The lone bright spot has been Ohio. Their governor has been way way ahead of the curve.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Someone on Cuomos staff tested positive...
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        They also have significantly fewer hospital and ICU beds.

Pretty easy to demonize them, they give us lots of options. From Florida reps going out and partying or wearing gas masks, churches staying open in defiance of orders, politicians rejecting healthcare funding in Missouri, claiming this is a hoax, etc.

All you have to do is look at testing rates per capita. Blue states are way ahead even if you take away California, Washington, and New York. The lone bright spot has been Ohio. Their governor has been way way ahead of the curve.
                        I still wish MN didn't have to scale back on testing, even though I understand why they did it.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Have a feeling Maryland is going to a lockdown in the next week.

Schools are being told to prepare for distance learning and get chromebooks in the hands of as many people as possible.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Comment

Originally posted by psych View Post

This has nothing to do with demonizing. It has to do with record on markers to do with outcomes for multiple chronic illnesses and availability of care. Some southern states have numbers that are worse than parts of Africa. This has been true since I was in Grad School back in the 80s. Sadly it hasn't changed. Right from the beginning it was shown that the rate of fatality is dependent on availability of care. (Think Italy- they are out of beds, supplies and are now letting people die who may have been saved because they don't have the stuff to save them). The South doesn't show well before the epidemic. It won't show well after.

Comment

THe most ironic thing and the thing that shows humans can't learn- what city was used to show that successfully shutting down public events decreased fatality in 1918- Yup- New Orleans.

Comment

Working...
                                X