X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: Do What Now?

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Good news, Laura. I spoke to the virus and it said it has to leave for an extended business trip on May 7th.

Seriously, this may be dumber than the hoax takes.
    Need to know when what will end? The current Preseident's tenure is more important than a virus. He is the cancer

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    It will depend on what they classify as essential or emergency workers. If you're part of the food/supply chain I'd expect you'd be deemed essential.

Weird that a couple weeks ago society looked down on fast food workers and now society is dependent upon them. Maybe the guy flipping burgers is worth more than minimum wage after all?
    Originally posted by walrus View Post
    WASHINGTON—The Department of Homeland Security yesterday released updated coronavirus guidance identifying the essential critical infrastructure workforce during the ongoing national emergency.
    Earlier this week, NACS sent a letter to the Department of Homeland Security urging the agency to designate convenience stores, their suppliers and distributors as critical businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.

In its updated guidance, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) recognizes key businesses as essential including:

Retail fuel centers, such as gas stations and truck stops, and the distribution systems that support them
    Retailers that sell food and beverage products
    Restaurant carry-out and quick-serve food operations
    Food manufacturer employees and their supplier employees
    Employees and firms supporting food, feed and beverage distribution, including warehouse workers, vendor-managed inventory controllers and blockchain managers
    Farm workers and support service workers to include those who field crops; commodity inspection; fuel ethanol facilities; storage facilities and other agricultural inputs
    Employees supporting or enabling transportation functions, including dispatchers, maintenance and repair technicians, warehouse workers, truck stop and rest area workers and workers who maintain and inspect infrastructure
    Petroleum drilling, extraction, production, processing, refining, terminal operations, transporting and retail for use as end-use fuels or feedstocks for chemical manufacturing
    Truck drivers who haul hazardous and waste materials to support critical infrastructure, capabilities, functions and services
    Workers who are needed to provide consumer access to banking and lending services, including ATMs, and to move currency and payments (e.g., armored cash carriers)

“If you work in a critical infrastructure industry, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, such as healthcare services and pharmaceutical and food supply, you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule,” stated the agency.
    It’s important to note that CISA guidance is advisory and is not a federal directive to states, meaning state and local governments are not required to provide the same level of recognition.
    NACS hopes and expects, however, that state and local governments heed the department’s decisions and do not interfere with businesses that the department deems to be critical.
    The NACS Government Relations team is working to ensure convenience stores can stay open and meet the needs of the communities they serve during this time of crisis. The Department of Homeland Security’s recognition is a key milestone in the efforts to ensure that happens.
    Market workers- no protection, pressured to work longer hours, many not insured and no sick time. How will this be working out?

As someone who worked in medicine I am very afraid for those who are working in the middle of this. But even more scared for my kid who potentially is at higher risk of unknown unprotected exposure and surrounded by workers who may not feel able to stay home and are being exposed.
    Last edited by leswp1; 03-20-2020, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Need to know when what will end? The current Preseident's tenure is more important than a virus. He is the cancer

Market workers- no protection, pressured to work longer hours, many not insured and no sick time. How will this be working out?

As someone who worked in medicine I am very afraid for those who are working in the middle of this. But even more scared for my kid who potentially is at higher risk of unknown unprotected exposure and surrounded by workers who may not feel able to stay home and are being exposed.
      I know of two market workers who are now at home sick..... We are hoping that everything works out.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        I know of two market workers who are now at home sick..... We are hoping that everything works out.
        my kid might have worked with a case- no way to know. The advice the guy was given was not correct- he qualifies for testing but the MD he saw said to go home and wait it out. I called the local hospital line to check if I was maybe over-reacting. They had the same reaction. No one is being warned because if no test then not sure.....

Comment

I'm still working and I agree. Its scary out there. On one hand I'm glad I still have work on the other.......................
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

trump-media

Comment

my kid might have worked with a case- no way to know. The advice the guy was given was not correct- he qualifies for testing but the MD he saw said to go home and wait it out. I called the local hospital line to check if I was maybe over-reacting. They had the same reaction. No one is being warned because if no test then not sure.....
              As said before, there's no testing going on in the UP. They are part of the state that thinks this is a hoax based on statements a month ago. Relative to those of us down south, I suspect they will get hit pretty hard. And the people panicking with guns will be a problem for themselves.

Comment

Someone in VP's office tested positive.

White House put out a bunch of statements about them not having contact with VP/POTUS, I don't believe a GD word beyond someone tested positive.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Here's a map where you can probably predict the next areas to be hit hardest:
                    https://www.politico.com/interactive...-of-new-cases/

Any state where the grey circle is not significantly larger than the red. Looking at you Louisiana. Best of luck!
                    Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Any state where the grey circle is not significantly larger than the red. Looking at you Louisiana. Best of luck!
                      That's exactly the piece that is missing: a testing map.

Now take the inverse of the testing and project the true number of cases.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Someone in VP's office tested positive.
                        At least women are safe.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          That's exactly the piece that is missing: a testing map.

Now take the inverse of the testing and project the true number of cases.
                          Drag the slider back and forth. Louisiana is so super ****ed right now.

Nicely done New Orleans!
                          Code:

Comment

As much I dislike Pray the Gay Away, the difference between him and Sniffles is vast. NBC News tonight showed the exchange between Alexander and Sniffles with the "nasty" question which Sniffles handled like a child. He posed the same question to PTGA and he immediately took the podium with two hands, stared right into the camera and said, "I would tell people not to be afraid." How hard was that? We're so desperate for ****ing grownups that that's what passes for leadership these days.

Comment

Alabama:
                              Total tests = 109
                              Positive = 81

Comment

Politicos numbers are off...US over 19000 now. Will pass Iran tonight.*

*according to the Johns Hopkins Map
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X