This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    So nothing thats been said has reached you i take it.
    Sorry, my typing finger was possessed by the spirit of some nimrod.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19: Do What Now?

Sorry if this has been posted, but I found this to be a bit sobering.
      https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/u...e=articleShare

Comment

CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          If you're in your 80's, suffer from diabetes or have emphysema or plugged arteries, hanging out in a nursing home or assisted living facility, this virus is coming for you, and it's probably going to get you.

If you're 21, on the beach intoxicated and sunburned and looking to get laid, you're going to be fine (except for the STD's).

Those are the facts, and there isn't a lot that can be done about it.
          Tell that to Francisco Garcia, a youth soccer coach in Italy. He's only 21.

Oh, you can't tell him because the virus killed him.
          https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/03/17/21-year-old-spanish-coach-died-coronavirus-he-didnt-know-he-also-had-leukemia/

Comment

• Originally posted by HowardMBurgers View Post
            Sorry if this has been posted, but I found this to be a bit sobering.
            https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/u...e=articleShare
            We're going to wish unemployment was only 20%

Comment

Anyone heard whether there's any way to tell if someone has had covid-19 but recovered? Googling "covid-19 testing" gives 10,000 links (most not to Kushner, I hope) about whether to get tested when you ARE sick, but I couldn't sift through and find anything related to post-illness testing. I haven't heard whether it leaves antibodies or other markers behind after the infection dies out. *IF* it turns out that we can only get covid-19 once, then I think it would be a really useful test in the coming months - "Welp, I've had it, so no need for social distancing now." We'll all be carrying around antibody certificates as our safe passage papers....
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                How many people have a 401k? Not many relatively speaking.
                To side swap your comment for a second .... someone in my area (not in our group, but I did enjoy the cake...), retired yesterday. I sure hope he moved his 401k money out of the stock market a couple of weeks ago...
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  Anyone heard whether there's any way to tell if someone has had covid-19 but recovered? Googling "covid-19 testing" gives 10,000 links (most not to Kushner, I hope) about whether to get tested when you ARE sick, but I couldn't sift through and find anything related to post-illness testing. I haven't heard whether it leaves antibodies or other markers behind after the infection dies out. *IF* it turns out that we can only get covid-19 once, then I think it would be a really useful test in the coming months - "Welp, I've had it, so no need for social distancing now." We'll all be carrying around antibody certificates as our safe passage papers....
                  I dont have a link but I have read mixed results. Reportedly people in China had the disease in January, got better and went back to work and now have it again. No idea how accurate that report is, or if they were misdiagnosed in January.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    I dont have a link but I have read mixed results. Reportedly people in China had the disease in January, got better and went back to work and now have it again. No idea how accurate that report is, or if they were misdiagnosed in January.
                    They are also talking about there being two strains out there, so is it possible these "double" positives are really people catching the other strain, not unlike getting the common cold twice in a season (like my wife did last year).
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      It was Hunter Biden in a secret Burisma superlab. He spread it in China to throw off suspicion.
                      Paid for by Soros, can't forget that part.

Comment

As long as Trump refers to COVID-19 as "the Chinese virus", I will be calling him "the Russian president".
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

dine-in service in restaurants and bars, all gatherings of 10 people or more banned statewide in Maine

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            Italy did a pretty darn good job early on closing their borders to many Asian countries, one of the quickest to react in Europe, and they still got it bad.
                            Sure about that?

A coronavirus cautionary tale from Italy: Don’t do what we did
                            Many of us were too selfish to follow suggestions to change our behavior. Now we’re in lockdown and people are needlessly dying.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Sure about that?

A coronavirus cautionary tale from Italy: Don’t do what we did
                              Many of us were too selfish to follow suggestions to change our behavior. Now we’re in lockdown and people are needlessly dying.
                              You have to follow the initial responses to get what I was saying.

Someone said that the U.S. took too long to close it's borders. I said Italy did quickly close them to Asia, and it didn't matter; it still spread. In fact, your response is exactly why it didn't matter.

I never claimed Italy did things right. I'm saying (by following all the responses and not cherry picking one), just doing one thing correctly (closing your borders) doesn't help if you don't do everything correctly (limit physical interaction).
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

This is a joke

Comment

Working...
                                X