• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: Do What Now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      God he's such a ****ing idiot
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Just a heads up, when **** really hits the fan you might end up getting medical treatment from a veterinarian

I read an article that said not only is there a concern about the number of ventilators but also respiratory therapists. There had been a study looking how quickly they could train people with medical training how to operate a ventilator. They tried physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and veterinarians. After a two day 16 hour crash course the veterinarians scored the best on average.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Over 9200 cases now...
          The spike is mainly because people are actually able to get tested. The cases are rising, no doubt. However, the severe spike (IMO) is due to the tests. Many of those testing positive probably had it yesterday, or a week ago, etc. Once widespread testing is in full force, I doubt you'll see such a drastic spike.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think you will still see huge spikes. Plenty of morons not isolating

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              On a car board I am a member of- one of them works for a company that makes testing kits- they have been FDA approved, and will ship 150,000 kits this week, and will go full production right now.

So now we can really figure out how this is progressing, and how we can deal with it. Or at least really start that procedure. It will be nice when we can from testing the most critically sick to anyone with symptoms.

edit- 1,000,000 tests a week.
              Too little, too late. It's making its rounds. This is from my local neighborhood Facebook group in Aurora, IL. (This is NOT me)

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                I think you will still see huge spikes. Plenty of morons not isolating
                I was hearing today that some in the medical field don't believe in the flattened curve as a "one-off." It will be like a roller coaster. Smaller "spikes" but also multiple ones as these shutdowns come and go (which they think they will). However, each new shutdown will be less restrictive, since once you get it, your body may be a little more immune to it. So, less infected, more freedom to move about.

Think of it as a chicken pox party. Get it over with, now we're good, and each cycle of shutdowns has less people at risk. Something to that effect.

Of course, this is still speculation, but at least it comes from verified scientists and such.

Source, and the article is apparently on the site: KFAN, Dan Barreiro Show.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                  Just a heads up, when **** really hits the fan you might end up getting medical treatment from a veterinarian

I read an article that said not only is there a concern about the number of ventilators but also respiratory therapists. There had been a study looking how quickly they could train people with medical training how to operate a ventilator. They tried physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and veterinarians. After a two day 16 hour crash course the veterinarians scored the best on average.
                  I have been feeling kind of colicky...

Can't remember now if I posted the story or not, but Italy is rushing 10000 med school students into service to help meet the demand.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

This doesn't surprise me. I have a friend who was working towards being a vet a few years ago and stopped when life interfered. With the nursing shortage in my hometown last year, she took the nursing exam, and scored higher than those in nursing programs.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

FB-IMG-1584586394851

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        This is the Kaaba normally:
                        Meanwhile, our Christoban are licking the floors of their houses of worship to own the libs.

Comment

Ron Johnson (R-Wisc, d-bag) "getting coronavirus is not a death sentence except for maybe no more than 3.4 percent of our population (and) I think probably far less.”

3.4% is 11 million. Good show, Wisconsin.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Meanwhile, our Christoban are licking the floors of their houses of worship to own the libs.
                            ...and the problem is?

Darwin will take care of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              ...and the problem is?

Darwin will take care of them.
                              This.

"Hey, cars will stop for pedestrians, it's the law!" *runs out in traffic*

Comment

• The total number of soldiers who died in World War I was about 10 million.

Comment

Working...
                                X