X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: Do What Now?

Food for thought:

I went to a pinball tournament (INDISC in Inland Empire area of California) back in January. This tournament was big (one of the biggest in the US) and it drew people from all over the country and the world.

The entire Colorado contingent including myself got sick after they got back. One of my livestreamer friends got it particularly rough. It felt like plain old con crud to me, and I went to work.

Knowing what we know now about spotty testing and undetected/asymptomatic cases...I wonder if it was already here and we didn't know it. I may have already had this thing.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      I don’t understand why the manufacturers of the masks used in hospitals can’t produce them faster. They should have been cranking them out starting a couple weeks ago. I know that more are being used, but it doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of materials to produce. Obviously I’m missing something. Are they produced overseas or something?

Same with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
      We are. My company makes them. The masks we make recently went through a MASSIVE upgrade both here and overseas. These machines are extraordinarily expensive, take a very long time to build, and can't just be sped up. I know we're treating those sites like nuclear reactors in terms of who gets in or out. I also know we have teams working to figure out ways to improve them. But we can't just increase speed without testing, and testing means downtime, and we just can't afford that right now. I'm guessing we have tens of millions of dollars going to fast track new manufacturing lines. I'm guessing that was started a month or two ago.

I am sure every manufacturer is going through the same thing right now. I know a local distillery that's producing denatured alcohol for free to the public instead of hooch.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I don’t understand why the manufacturers of the masks used in hospitals can’t produce them faster. They should have been cranking them out starting a couple weeks ago. I know that more are being used, but it doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of materials to produce. Obviously I’m missing something. Are they produced overseas or something?

Same with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
        https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...ly-hard-to-mak
        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Food for thought:

I went to a pinball tournament (INDISC in Inland Empire area of California) back in January. This tournament was big (one of the biggest in the US) and it drew people from all over the country and the world.

The entire Colorado contingent including myself got sick after they got back. One of my livestreamer friends got it particularly rough. It felt like plain old con crud to me, and I went to work.

Knowing what we know now about spotty testing and undetected/asymptomatic cases...I wonder if it was already here and we didn't know it. I may have already had this thing.
          I've begun to wonder this myself after being sick the other week. Had similar symptoms to what people who have had it describe.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Just heard Hilton is rumored to be at 15% global occupancy, and Marriott not much better. Expect that to be another federal bailout, and probably a lot of mothballed properties for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Just heard Hilton is rumored to be at 15% global occupancy, and Marriott not much better. Expect that to be another federal bailout, and probably a lot of mothballed properties for the foreseeable future.
              They’re closing a lot of hotels

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Selfish, spoiled, self-entitled little chits. They all need to die a slow, lingering death.
                No. They need to work as volunteers in hospitals taking care of the dead bodies. Bring their own barf bags.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  These are kids in every period of history.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    I've begun to wonder this myself after being sick the other week. Had similar symptoms to what people who have had it describe.
                    Working for a major shipping company at one of the biggest international cargo hubs in the world, with plenty of traffic from Asia...

Hmmm.

Mine was a pretty decent cold with general malaise, not terrible but definitely an aberration for me - I hardly get sick and usually dodge stuff that floats around the office. Had a persistent cough for about a week after.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      I wonder how much the Russian Consulate in Florida will get.

Comment

Bailout bill passes the Senate

Senate passes bill to ensure paid leave benefits to many Americans as coronavirus upends labor market. The bill now goes to Drumpf for enactment.

The measure, already approved by the House, secured bipartisan support, but lawmakers are already writing new legislation to try and rescue the economy in a sign of how quickly the economy is deteriorating. The Senate passed the bill 90-8.

This is a developing story and will be updated...

White House officials are working with congressional Republicans on an emergency stimulus package that could send two $1,000 checks to many Americans and also devote $300 billion towards helping small businesses avoid mass layoffs, according to two senior administration officials and a Treasury Department fact sheet.

No final decisions have been made and talks with Republican leaders remain fluid, but the growing scale of the $1 trillion rescue plan is coming into sharper focus. The Treasury Department is circulating a two-page sheet of priorities that it wants to see in the final deal, which includes a $50 billion “airline industry secured lending facility” that would allow it to make direct loans to “U.S. passenger and cargo air carriers.”
                        Why? Why are we bailing out the airline industry AGAIN!? They have wasted billions on stock buybacks and executive bonuses. It's way past time for the carriers to pull themselves up by the bootstraps. Maybe tighten the belt a little. Lay off the lattes and avocado toast.

More details

I may have posted it here or another thread, but quick math:
                        $250 billion
                        142M taxpayers
                        $1773 average check
                        However, the checks will be tiered based on income level and size of family.

So that tells me there will be a handful of six-figure checks and the rest of us will get a couple hundred to tide us over.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          Food for thought:

I'm sure this thing was spread throughout the world by the time anyone here was worrying about it. My guess is there are probably 10s of millions of Americans who would test positive if we tested all 330 million of us today.

Comment

GOP are terrible everywhere.

GOP pushes back on Kansas governor for closing schools

https://flip.it/ByK3c0

They added a provision to not allow the governor to confiscate guns. Even though that was never suggested.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

More to the point, the way to help businesses is by helping people. Then the people will patronize the business.

This shows where the priorities of the USG are and where they will remain until we end bribery.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Minneapolis Fed Chief says they're kicking around a forgivable loan program for small businesses. You will be loaned enough money to cover payroll for a year. If you keep all of your employees employed for a certain amount of time, the loan is forgiven.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X