X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: Do What Now?

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    We have virtually zero evidence backed by comprehensive studies that this stuff works. It might, but let’s not pin our hopes to it yet.

I trust local guys who appear on local sports radio less than almost all other sources. With exception of the University of Minnesota epidemiologist.
    I wouldn't pin my hopes to it, either. The doc was basically saying it was a "here goes nothing" approach if one decided to try it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yeah, and that’s bad advice until there’s any evidence of it working
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

But, would it HARM the patient? If not, then why not try it? It's like playing sports with a "major contusion." Again, not pinning any hopes, but at this point, worth a shot.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          But, would it HARM the patient? If not, then why not try it? It's like playing sports with a "major contusion." Again, not pinning any hopes, but at this point, worth a shot.
          YES!
          https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...p-praised-drug

Comment

Note in the article: "overdoses." That's a very important word.

Comment

Woosh
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Lol. The rich are ****ing themselves and their communities. Likely spreading the virus even further.
                I live on an island with a sizable population of rich summer people (like 8000 square foot “cottages” they spend a month or two a year in). These people are coming up from New York. Our hospital is tiny and just had its first positive diagnosis.
                Last edited by BassAle; 03-21-2020, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Woosh
                  No whoosh.

I have a Monster energy drink every morning in lieu of coffee. If I have 5 of those, that is NOT good. That's the angle I'm coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    US officially passed Germany and Iran this morning. On pace for 6-8k new cases today, which would probably move us into the #3 spot ahead of Spain.
                    If you're not first, you're last. 'Merica! baby!!

All those should be hail marys until there is scientific evidence that it actually works.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      All those should be hail marys until there is scientific evidence that it actually works.
                      And that was what I was saying that the doctor said. If it doesn't harm the patient, but it might help, give it a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Just back from a walk where I took a break from the constant onslaught of information that is constantly changing. Realized now we are in the hunker down phase I feel a sense of relief. Finally, instead of being a 'lone voice calling out in the darkness' and begging people to be serious the narrative has shifted to almost all people doing what will help. They might argue about the science but the social pressure is in the right direction.

Over the last few weeks I have been so grateful for these threads as a little puddle of sanity, where people 'get it' and understand what we are in for. It is a very lonely place to have everyone telling you that you're seeding panic, over reacting, challenging facts for [fill in the blank], etc.

So. Thanks, folks. You are the bees knees!

Plus these threads are gold. So many different walks of life, jobs, etc makes it well rounded.
                        Thank you for your posts.

You are the bees knees, I believe.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            US officially passed Germany and Iran this morning. On pace for 6-8k new cases today, which would probably move us into the #3 spot ahead of Spain.
                            You really need to go back a page

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Was it the guy who was on Anderson Cooper yesterday from the U of M? He said something similar.

Johns Hopkins has us over 22k now. Safely in 4th place passing Iran and Germany. We are coming for ya Spain!

"Whatcha gunna do Spain...when the The United States, and its millions of Faux Loving Idiots RUNS WILD ON YOU!!"
                            Last edited by Handyman; 03-21-2020, 03:40 PM.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              In fairness we've got more people than all but what, 3 or 4 countries in the world? Id expect us to pass all European countries in absolute terms even if were handled this competently.

The per capita rates are what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                In fairness we've got more people than all but what, 3 or 4 countries in the world? Id expect us to pass all European countries in absolute terms even if were handled this competently.

The per capita rates are what matters.
                                Bingo.

As with the increased cases. I bet if we were able to test everyone in America...that rate would skyrocket even more than it has been. It's not necessarily NEW cases, it's just cases we've found out about, if you get my drift.

Comment

Working...
                                X