Finding old games to watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Finding old games to watch

My TV Guide is also now showing the Big Ten Network will be rebroadcasting 2 hour versions of the 2019 B1G semifinals and championship games next Wednesday, 29 April, from 6 am to noon EDT. Also, NESNplus is continuing to show Hockey East Championship games at 10 pm EDT tonight (1988) and tomorrow (1989) and next Tuesday (1990), Wednesday (1991) and Thursday (1991) at 8 pm EDT.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Since the number of games and bonus material on my Google drive has past the point where updating and posting the complete list has become unwieldy I have spent some time this afternoon creating an index for the games in Google sheets. Every full game is listed by date, with season, both teams, tournament info and notes (if any). I've also created columns to the right that show if a game involved a team for ease of filtering for just, say, BU () or BC () or Harvard () or NU () games. At the bottom of the index is the list of bonus material on the drive. Hopefully, this will make looking for a game easier.

Sean
      Last edited by Sean Pickett; 04-26-2020, 12:02 AM.

BU Hockey Games
      NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        The lastest games uploaded to my Google drive:

1987 Feb 12 PC at BU
        -controversy (and lack of fans)
        1987 Mar 06 Lowell at BU
        -the Chiefs (and lack of fans)
        2004 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs NU
        -same ol', same ol'
        2004 Beanpot Semifinal BC vs Harvard
        -for BC fans only
        2006 LNBC Consolation BU at DC
        -I'm not sure about that #97
        2007 Feb 17 UNH at BU
        -close, but no cigar
        2011 Jan 21 BC at BU
        -also for BC fans only
        2011 Jan 22 BU at UNH
        -cigar
        2012 Nov 30 BC at BU
        -glorious HD

Sean
        Hi Sean, Do you have the 1984 BU vs RPI ECAC championship game?

I have the 1985 RPI vs. Minnesota-Duluth NCAA quarter final 3-OT game (Brett Hull vs. Adam Oates) on VHS. Do you know if that game is viewable anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by RPIcrank View Post
          Hi, no I don't. I didn't start watching BU and college hockey until the 1985-86 season; my first ever college game was Maine at BU on 1 November 1985. I didn't start recording games until a year later when I recorded the 10 December 1986 NU at BU game on NESN (I only got NESN to watch the Red Sox summer and then kept it so I could watch/tape BU games and also watch teh Bruins).

I have the 1985 RPI vs. Minnesota-Duluth NCAA quarter final 3-OT game (Brett Hull vs. Adam Oates) on VHS. Do you know if that game is viewable anywhere?
          Again, no, I don't. If I have room on my drive when I'm done with BU games (and I know I will need to buy more space for what I have), I plan on keeping the non-BU games available. I'm also considering offering to convert and upload games others may have on old VHS tapes, but that is dependent on cost, logistics and time.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

I haven't seen you post in ages.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If you have been reading my posts you might remember I mentioned I had betamax tapes, but no working machine. I was able to rent one (donations still accepted) and I've converted 4+ BU games, including the 1989 & 1990 Beanpot championship games, and Harvard's 1989 NCAA title run. Here are the most recent games I've uploaded to my Google drive:

1987 Feb 15 BU at PC
              1988 Jan 26 BU at Lowell
              1989 Beanpot Championship BU vs Harvard
              1989 NCAA Quarterfinals game 2 LSSU at Harvard
              1989 NCAA Semifinal Harvard vs MSU
              1989 NCAA Championship Harvard vs Minnesota
              1990 Beanpot Championship BU vs Harvard
              1990 Feb 21 BU at PC (missing last 12:43 of game)
              1991 Beanpot Championship (upgraded with better video for most of game)
              2000 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs Harvard
              2000 Beanpot Championship BU vs BC
              2002 Beanpot Semifinal NU vs Harvard
              2002 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs BC
              2002 Beanpot CHampionship BU vs NU (complete)
              2014 Nov 07 BU at BC (missing first 8 minutes)
              2015 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs Harvard
              2015 Beanpot Championship BU vs NU
              2015 Nov 13 BU at PC

Bonus material
              Mike Grier 1995 NESN profile

That bring the total number of games up to 214: 176 BU games and 38 non-BU games. I've updated the game index and I've also started to add notes for games with video and audio tracking issues. I've also changes the columns for each team so it now shows how many goals the team scored.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

I've slowed down a bit this week, but here are are the most recent games I've uploaded to my Google drive:

1997 Mar 01 UNH at BU final game of RS
                1999 Nov 13 NU at BU
                1999 Nov 27 CC at BU
                1999 Dec 04 UMass at BU
                2000 Jan 08 BU at BC
                2008 Hockey East Quarterfinal game 1 UML at BU
                2009 Jan 23 UNH at BU
                2010 Jan 02 UMass at BU
                2010 Jan 22 BU at BC
                2010 Hockey East Quarterfinal game 1 MC at BU

Bonus Material
                BU 1999-00 Promotional Video

Also, my Google drive is getting close to being full and I've been looking at other options to see if I can keep all the games in one place. I have found some that offer more space, but no streaming,, so I just wanted to ask if those watching download the games or just stream them? And if you do stream them has anyone had problems?

I still have well over 100 BU games to convert, but depending on how much space (and support) I end up with I'm considering offering to put games others have on my drive. Beside space, that will depend on if others can convert old games from tape or not. I'm also considering offering to convert tapes for others once I've finished my tapes.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

When I started uploading games to my Google drive it was without so others could watch some old games without considering any long term plans and I uploaded the raw converted games, including commercials and intermissions. In fact, at one time I considered deleting them when my storage renewal was up today. However, over the past two months I have thought about long term plans and with the support of several BU fans I have enough NAS storage to convert all the games I have and also keep them online for at least another year. However, with 264 games currently on the drive space has become a major issue and after looking at several providers I've also decided to see if I can fit all the BU games I have on my current 2TB of storage. To do this I'm 1) editing out all (or most as I likely may miss a few) of the commercials and intermissions for every game. About all I'm keeping from the intermissions are interviews when I see them. So far I've cleaned up 75 games and have freed up about 40 GB (space enough for 6 games) and should be able to free up about another 80 GB after I clean up the rest of the games on the drive. I've also removed all the bonus material and it's likely I'll have to remove some or all of the non-BU games from the drive as well.

As some may have noticed, I converted the non-BU games I had along with the BU games and I hoped to keep them online as well. I've even been DVRing the games NESN and Big Ten Network have been showing (2 hour versions) with the thoughts of uploading them, but it know looks like I'll have no space for them. I was also considering offering to convert others old game tapes and upload them as well, but, again, it look like there will no space and since the donations I received were from BU fans making sure my BU games are available is my top priority.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                  NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Working...
                  X