Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruiting Fallout....Whats gonna happen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting Fallout....Whats gonna happen??

Not sure but I imagine the Jr. leagues have cancelled/suspended their seasons as well?? What will this do to recruits etc??..edit Looks like many have canceled some postponed
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 03-14-2020, 11:46 AM.

Re: Recruiting Fallout....Whats gonna happen??

I think most recruiting would be done by now, or a good portion of it. Coaches likely have a good idea of players they are interested in and they can access video from the past season. The tough thing is for players who might have been planning campus visits. This makes the decision process tough.

Comment

Originally posted by MELIN27 View Post
      I think most recruiting would be done by now, or a good portion of it. Coaches likely have a good idea of players they are interested in and they can access video from the past season. The tough thing is for players who might have been planning campus visits. This makes the decision process tough.
      agree,I think the players who where/are on the fence btwn D1 and D3 might have the most trouble??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        agree,I think the players who where/are on the fence btwn D1 and D3 might have the most trouble??
        players think. coaches know.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by MELIN27 View Post
          The USA U18 and U16 Tier 1 National Championships would have pretty much every NHL and NCAA team in attendance. A lot of commitments are historically made following this event.

Comment

Originally posted by d3hockey57 View Post
            The USA U18 and U16 Tier 1 National Championships would have pretty much every NHL and NCAA team in attendance. A lot of commitments are historically made following this event.
            How many minds are changed at those events? That is the great unknown.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I think kids will still want to play NCAA hockey.

Comment

Maybe D1 commitments. Kids that end up playing high level D3 exhaust their Junior hockey eligibility first, holding out for a D1 offer that interests them.

Comment

Yeah not for Div 3

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                    Maybe D1 commitments. Kids that end up playing high level D3 exhaust their Junior hockey eligibility first, holding out for a D1 offer that interests them.
                    I think those players who didn't get that last look from the lower D1 teams will fallback to the top D3 teams more this /next yr..

Comment

I think those players who didn't get that last look from the lower D1 teams will fallback to the top D3 teams more this /next yr..
                      Yes, this was the point of my post. It is one event with some of the most skilled players in one location. The players that might have received a D1 offer will have to play out a season or two of junior, or for some take the D3 route.

Comment

Yes, this was the point of my post. It is one event with some of the most skilled players in one location. The players that might have received a D1 offer will have to play out a season or two of junior, or for some take the D3 route.
                        10-4 I'm a little slow now-a-days

Comment

Funny just read a article thru a facebook link about how this corona virus is killing recruiting in hockey,mainly those who are on the D1/D3 bubble,players were looking for that last good chance these next few months but not happening,I feel bad for them for sure...

Comment

Funny just read a article thru a facebook link about how this corona virus is killing recruiting in hockey,mainly those who are on the D1/D3 bubble,players were looking for that last good chance these next few months but not happening,I feel bad for them for sure...
                            I wouldn't feel too bad, it's just accelerating the recruiting process by 2 months or so by putting the writing on the wall that much sooner for bubble players. If the interaction with D1 coaches has ceased, then you gotta take your best D3 offer on the table, simple as that. Now, you may see a lot more overrecruiting at the D3 level than already exists since D3 coaches aren't going to turn away decent players. Then you can say you feel bad for those D3 players who have their ice time squeezed.

Comment

Here is an article on the topic. https://www.sunjournal.com/2020/03/1...lnpc_LMyZfFR-o

https://www.sunjournal.com/2020/03/1...lnpc_LMyZfFR-o

Comment

Working...
                              X