• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe 19: now in 3D

Jfc. Wisconsin, eff you for employing this man

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      You need food and supplies, but you don't need to go out and get them, as was previously mentioned. They can be delivered. IF you decide to go out and get them, that is no different than spending 30 minutes at a restaurant, IMO.
      Don't tell that to our Governor who flat out told people this was stupid and since they couldn't seem to self police he is banning consumption of food on premises

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      "Think of the children!"
      No, No, No!! You only think of them if they are unborn!

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      As testing ramps up we're gonna see the spike in cases but a lot just depends on the % of those cases that require hospitalization and how your state is equipped to handle it. I have faith in a state like MA but we'll see what happens. Oh and just relying on people not being morons. Maybe the biggest variable of them all.
      Don't. I just got added to a FB group of nurses. The stuff they are posting about preparedness, lack of supplies is fooking scary. Not that there is no effort, there just isn't capacity. SOme places no N95 masks, limiting surgical masks to one a shift. (they are not supposed to be used past 4h)
      Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Don’t discount NPs (even though I know you aren’t)

The NP who diagnosed my EB last year got it when general practitioner MD with a specialty in liver disease couldn’t figure it out and dismissed EB because of my age and somewhat odd presentation.
      NPs rock!

Comment

Went into work today and “stole” one of my monitors and my preferred keyboard so I can setup a more comfortable work from home situation

My wife has to go in tomorrow to meet with her direct reports and principal investigators. She may end up having to do some rotations on site.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          Went into work today and “stole” one of my monitors and my preferred keyboard so I can setup a more comfortable work from home situation

My wife has to go in tomorrow to meet with her direct reports and principal investigators. She may end up having to do some rotations on site.
          Was thinking of you as I was messaging with one of those deluded folk who are experts because they research the internet. He assured me that the vaccine would be ready by January latest. I verbally shook my head in disbelief. You are doing magic, aren't you? THe fearless leader has told you to fix it fast!

Comment

Seems like there is probably some bad news to drop soon in CO...

IMPORTANT COVID19 UPDATE:
            Anyone who has been in Eagle, Summit, Pitkin, or Gunnison counties in the past week should minimize all contact with other people, whether or not they are experiencing symptoms.

County public health and emergency management agencies will provide more detailed guidance for residents and visitors within their communities. The general guidance from CDPHE is as follows:

🔴If you live in Colorado and are leaving one of these communities, you should minimize contact with other people for 14 days and watch for the development of symptoms like cough, fever, and shortness of breath.

🔴If you are visiting Colorado from out of state and do not currently have symptoms (cough, fever, and shortness of breath), you can return home and practice social distancing there.

🔴If you have symptoms, stay where you are, isolate yourself from others, and call a health care provider or nurse line before seeking care. Do not fly. Do not use public transportation or ride-shares.
            That covers most of the big ski areas, which I'm sure totally coincidentally all were shut down yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              FB-IMG-1584320168645
              By the way, who has stories to share about airline refund headwinds? I'm trying to get one from United for my canceled Newark to Deroit flight and I hear they've changed the policy four times in the past week to make it more and more difficult. I'm thinking of going a different route -- forgive the pun -- and canceling my debit card charge. That might be easier.
              Last edited by paulfb; 03-15-2020, 08:13 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Originally posted by paulfb View Post
                By the way, who has stories to share about airline refund headwinds? I'm trying to get one from United for my canceled Newark to Deroit flight and I hear they've changed the policy four times in the past week to make it more and more difficult. I'm thinking of going a different route -- forgive the pun -- and canceling my debit card charge. That might be easier.
                Can't speak for United. People on Facebook are saying American is a nightmare but Southwest is a dream. Friend of mine rebooked her flight to Disney to the summer, got a refund on the flight AND the new flight from NH to Orlando was 99.

Comment

My god. Lady on next door just posted about who wants to get together and plan some kind of group party or activity since kids are stuck at home.

I’m sorry she’s reproduced.

Comment

Hand washing tunes

https://youtu.be/a2LLF9eE_VI
                    Last edited by joecct; 03-15-2020, 08:40 PM.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by paulfb View Post
                      Sorry to hear that.
                      I cancelled Jet Blue flight. Took an hour on hold. My money is in limbo- I need to book before January because I booked Jan of this yr. The woman was wonderful- helpful, sympathetic, patient. Can't say enough about it.

They did change the policy a few times last week but actually made it easier to cancel than harder

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        My god. Lady on next door just posted about who wants to get together and plan some kind of group party or activity since kids are stuck at home.

It's a good plan. Everybody who would go and send their kids in one concentrated place.

We may get some quick and significant species improvement out of this if we do it right.

I'm hoping megachurches stay open.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Sorry to hear that.
                          I cancelled Jet Blue flight. Took an hour on hold. My money is in limbo- I need to book before January because I booked Jan of this yr. The woman was wonderful- helpful, sympathetic, patient. Can't say enough about it.

They did change the policy a few times last week but actually made it easier to cancel than harder
                          I’m so glad I had delta refund me two weeks ago. But my flight was to South Korea...back when they were the place to worry about! I’ve aged since then

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

If you have to work to put food on the table, a cooperative baby sitting service/home schooling may not be ideal, but it may be necessary.

And I betcha the kids are playing together during the past week/end.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Don't. I just got added to a FB group of nurses. The stuff they are posting about preparedness, lack of supplies is fooking scary. Not that there is no effort, there just isn't capacity. SOme places no N95 masks, limiting surgical masks to one a shift. (they are not supposed to be used past 4h)
                              My nephew, the resident at Mass General, said they received instructions today on how to make life and death decisions when choosing who gets care.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                My nephew, the resident at Mass General, said they received instructions today on how to make life and death decisions when choosing who gets care.
                                Well the 4 year old across the street may have been on the right track.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X