X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe 19: now in 3D

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    My nephew, the resident at Mass General, said they received instructions today on how to make life and death decisions when choosing who gets care.
    I'd be ****'ed. Not that I'm eager to be put on a ventilator.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

My synagogue in Tucson is still holding services and classes, but enacting some sensible arrangements. Moving outdoors when possible, more space between seats, no hand shakes or hugging, sending obviously sick people home. Classes held in the small study room are being moved to larger rooms so people aren't sitting right next to each other.
      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

US is about to pass 3700 cases...over 169000 confirmed cases worldwide.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

CDC suggesting no one more than 50 people in groups for 8 weeks
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            CDC suggesting no one more than 50 people in groups for 8 weeks
            We could have still held the Big ten hockey tournament then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              US is about to pass 3700 cases...over 169000 confirmed cases worldwide.
              Do we have a hospitalization % on that figure? Curious about the US death stats so far (age, etc.)

Comment

MGM and Wynn closing doors

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  We could have still held the Big ten hockey tournament then.
                  LOL! Good to see you still have a sense of humor!
                  Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Do we have a hospitalization % on that figure? Curious about the US death stats so far (age, etc.)
                    No idea...got it from the arcgis site.

BTW it is at 3774 as of half an hour.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

MGM and Wynn closing doors
                      That's the most EFF 'd up thing...this is changing by the hour, it seems like. What was crazy talk this morning is now valid talk. That's how fast all of this is moving.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        That's the most EFF 'd up thing...this is changing by the hour, it seems like. What was crazy talk this morning is now valid talk. That's how fast all of this is moving.
                        It was never crazy to the people who were following this from the beginning. Except now we all aren't so alarmist and stupid. Now we are smart and it is playing out just like they said it would. Gotta say this is one time where 'I told you so' sucks the hairy pickle.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          It was never crazy to the people who were following this from the beginning. Except now we all aren't so alarmist and stupid. Now we are smart and it is playing out just like they said it would. Gotta say this is one time where 'I told you so' sucks the hairy pickle.
                          There were precautions...
                          Then this afternoon, whole states were basically shutting down. That's a bit of a jump....
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Well we’re basically having more cases than Italy already at the equal time point. This has been coming for days now. I’m not surprised at all.

John Oliver with some humor- America shut down all major sports, and hockey.

Comment

Well we’re basically having more cases than Italy already at the equal time point. This has been coming for days now. I’m not surprised at all.

John Oliver with some humor- America shut down all major sports, and hockey.
                              The following, I'm being completely honest on....

Italy, S Korea, etc....comparing cases in those countries to those in the US, where there is a MUCH larger land mass...it's all percentages, but with a twist. Smaller country, should be easier to control (assuming proper measures and all). Italy has said, "We're closed." That'd be like, I dunno, Missouri or Utah or something shutting down, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                There were precautions...
                                Then this afternoon, whole states were basically shutting down. That's a bit of a jump....
                                No. This is what should have happened way earlier. The States were waiting for Federal lead but it never came. In fact they tried to down play. Then it hit critical mass where trying to toe the Federal line became impossible and they pulled the trigger.

Earlier this week there were a number of actions. There was no support at Fed level and mixed messages about how magical interventions would rescue us- the mythical vaccine, the mythical medicines, the mythical nonsense about the Mexican Border while letting in folks from the UK

See the comments on this and other thread. Read your own. People were not doing what was needed. they couldn't seem to comprehend what they needed to do. The States basically decided if the Feds were doing nothing, the messaging was still being contradictory, they needed to just put the hammer down.

The community spread is really ramping up. They couldn't wait any longer.

NH went from pretending it was fine to poof. Our State tried the rely on people to be grown ups and rapidly gave up .

Comment

Working...
                                X