This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe 19: now in 3D

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I hope Pritzker told them to pound sand right where it belongs.

Comment

Italy also has a much higher population density than us which at least in theory would make social distancing more difficult for them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          I did not say should. I said they could, and not be shamed for it. Matter of choice, assuming they weren't a higher risk, etc etc etc.
          This laissez faire attitude makes anyone that does callously go out without precaution - and people like you that support them - complicit.

And Brent yes people can buy groceries online, but a lot of people don't have the luxury. The difference is if they go out for necessities yes there is risk but it's necessary. Going to the bar so idiots can crack jokes and play pull tabs? Eff them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            MGM and Wynn closing doors
            Bailout coming
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Bailout coming
              I wonder how much of our money the Russian Consulate at Mar-a-Lago will get.

We need to bail out people. Tens of millions just lost their only source of income for the next few weeks/months. Are we just going to let them fail? What happens when they can't pay rent or mortgage? Tough luck? Welcome to homelessness?

Comment

I'm still planning to travel on Thursday for a 2 day trip to visit Mayo Clinic. But we've not been out otherwise.

Work has been on wfh since last week.
                Last edited by JF_Gophers; 03-16-2020, 05:34 AM.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Italy also has a much higher population density than us which at least in theory would make social distancing more difficult for them.
                  The US population density is artificially low because we have vast areas of wilderness. Look at the DC to Boston region. We have areas that are as dense and as populous as Italy.

Americans are also unhealthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    I wonder how much of our money the Russian Consulate at Mar-a-Lago will get.

We need to bail out people. Tens of millions just lost their only source of income for the next few weeks/months. Are we just going to let them fail? What happens when they can't pay rent or mortgage? Tough luck? Welcome to homelessness?
                    I thought that part was addressed but maybe it was Charlie Baker talking. Can't remember now.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      The US population density is artificially low because we have vast areas of wilderness. Look at the DC to Boston region. We have areas that are as dense and as populous as Italy.

Americans are also unhealthy.
                      Areas, yes. But we should still have a better chance of overall containment. But that goes back to people doing their part in all this.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                        Germany is closing the borders with France, Switzerland and Austria tomorrow morning at 8. Girlfriend is wrapping up her master's thesis in Bordeaux and was supposed to come back to Germany at the end of the month.

She just picked up the rental car, is trying to fit as much stuff as she can and drive 9 hours to get across the border.
                        She made it with about two hours to spare. They already had the roadblocks up and ready to go when she entered Germany at 6am. She said there was a long line of cars but it was all flowing openly, just with fewer lanes.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          That's the most embarrassing part. Where normally the Federal level will provide leadership or even oversight to state level agencies, there was no Federal leadership. "All was well; we got it contained; it will blow over."

Finally state and local agencies decided enough was enough.

Imagine if the Governors and Mayors all said "nah, we'll just let the CDC run this?"
                          We closed the pandemic office in 2018. Good plan.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

DC restaurant group tells the mayor to shove it.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...rings/2242474/

JFC!
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              If you have to work to put food on the table, a cooperative baby sitting service/home schooling may not be ideal, but it may be necessary.

And I betcha the kids are playing together during the past week/end.
                              Joe, think of the baybeez!!!!!
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                That's the most EFF 'd up thing...this is changing by the hour, it seems like. What was crazy talk this morning is now valid talk. That's how fast all of this is moving.
                                Because our administration doddled and treated this like a hoax in the beginning instead of offering leadership, guidance, and planning, this is what we're stuck with now to try to get ahead of it.

Thanks Obama.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X