This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    Germany is closing the borders with France, Switzerland and Austria tomorrow morning at 8. Girlfriend is wrapping up her master's thesis in Bordeaux and was supposed to come back to Germany at the end of the month.

She just picked up the rental car, is trying to fit as much stuff as she can and drive 9 hours to get across the border.
    Are you in Berlin? My friends there were supposed to be skiing in Austria, thank his they had sense to skip and that report is now under quarantine

Comment

• Re: Covfefe 19: now in 3D

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
      Germany is closing the borders with France, Switzerland and Austria tomorrow morning at 8. Girlfriend is wrapping up her master's thesis in Bordeaux and was supposed to come back to Germany at the end of the month.

She just picked up the rental car, is trying to fit as much stuff as she can and drive 9 hours to get across the border.
      Mental image of cF's girlfriend:

I'll be in my bunk, you lucky bast---
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        My team of guys that work for my company, boss takes us on a St. Paddy's Day pub crawl, part of the job. Work for a beer distributor, we distribute Guinness.

Not sure if he's still planning on doing it this year. At any rate, I will not be partaking.
        I wouldn't either.

Similar to not going out on NYE, because of the increase of drunk drivers on the roads compared to other nights.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          Weddings and funerals on hold in France
          Facebook comment: "See? This is all hype! No one's dying! There aren't any funerals!"

I wish I were joking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Are you in Berlin? My friends there were supposed to be skiing in Austria, thank his they had sense to skip and that report is now under quarantine
            In Nuremberg. I had friends go skiing in Switzerland last weekend and now they have to self quarantine for two weeks.

One colleague went backpacking to a hut in northern Italy last weekend. Went to meetings on Monday and now 30 other coworkers have to stay home for two weeks. Some people are so dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
              In Nuremberg
              I had friends go skiing in Switzerland last weekend
              One colleague went backpacking to a hut in northern Italy last weekend
              (Stares out at Northern Virginia) Jesus F-ck I picked the wrong life!!!
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Some woman in my hood has posted for help securing 4 masks for her family to fly to Mexico tonight.
                The replies started polite, now are getting good.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Nope. I’m hitting up the grocery stores around 10 or 11pm.
                  Yesterday, my wife was going to stop at the grocery store. She decided not to. Saturday is bad enough, and then have to deal with this sort of rush.

So, she stopped at Dairy Queen instead and brought home two blizzards. Hey, priorities!!
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Social distancing going swimmingly at the International Terminal of O'Hare tonight:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      (Stares out at Northern Virginia) Jesus F-ck I picked the wrong life!!!
                      Yup

Took mookie a while to realize there was a world over the water
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

For the life of me I don't understand how Brent (and apparently most republicans) do not understand the simple concept that there is no way to know if you have this coronavirus unless you have actually been tested.

So even if you follow every single good act of hygiene and have zero symptoms you WILL shed this virus if you have it because good hygiene does not prevent 100% of the shedding. I feel fine, I am not in a high risk group, I have not been around a person known to have been exposed or known to have tested positive. But there's at least a decent chance I am infected and one of the many lucky ones who will experience no symptoms. You think for a second I would take a trip back to Indiana right now for a visit with my 90 year old dad? Not on your life.

I also don't know why they don't understand the concept of the value of LIMITING contact. I need to go to get food and crucial household supplies. I don't need to hang out in bars. Not every encounter if I am a carrier (and we know I very well could be based on everything we know) will mean I shed enough virus to infect a person I come into contact with. If it took 2 encounters for me to infect a random person but I cut out the non-essential contact (spending time at the local TGIFridays) maybe I don't infect anyone, and if everyone does that it becomes not a maybe but statistically a certainty that we would cut infections in half.

It shocks and saddens me that despite the relative simplicity of what needs to happen is lost on people. It shocks and saddens me even more that it appears to be in large part divided along lines of political affiliation.

Comment

Dr osterholm from U of MN infectious disease on manbc. says we’re treating this like a Minnesota blizzard instead of winter. We’re not hunkering down for days, it’s a season.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                            For the life of me I don't understand how Brent (and apparently most republicans) do not understand the simple concept that there is no way to know if you have this coronavirus unless you have actually been tested.

So even if you follow every single good act of hygiene and have zero symptoms you WILL shed this virus if you have it because good hygiene does not prevent 100% of the shedding. I feel fine, I am not in a high risk group, I have not been around a person known to have been exposed or known to have tested positive. But there's at least a decent chance I am infected and one of the many lucky ones who will experience no symptoms. You think for a second I would take a trip back to Indiana right now for a visit with my 90 year old dad? Not on your life.

I also don't know why they don't understand the concept of the value of LIMITING contact. I need to go to get food and crucial household supplies. I don't need to hang out in bars. Not every encounter if I am a carrier (and we know I very well could be based on everything we know) will mean I shed enough virus to infect a person I come into contact with. If it took 2 encounters for me to infect a random person but I cut out the non-essential contact (spending time at the local TGIFridays) maybe I don't infect anyone, and if everyone does that it becomes not a maybe but statistically a certainty that we would cut infections in half.

It shocks and saddens me that despite the relative simplicity of what needs to happen is lost on people. It shocks and saddens me even more that it appears to be in large part divided along lines of political affiliation.
                            You need food and supplies, but you don't need to go out and get them, as was previously mentioned. They can be delivered. IF you decide to go out and get them, that is no different than spending 30 minutes at a restaurant, IMO.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Newt!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                You need food and supplies, but you don't need to go out and get them, as was previously mentioned. They can be delivered. IF you decide to go out and get them, that is no different than spending 30 minutes at a restaurant, IMO.
                                On that point you're right Brent, which is to say if you can limit or eliminate contact, DO IT. Which means even those who are -- to paraphrase words you have used -- 100% healthy need to limit and eliminate contact as much as possible. Which means even if you feel A-OK, are in a low risk group, and have no reason to believe you will get sick you DO NOT KNOW IF YOU HAVE A CORONAVIRUS. We need to be shutting down all recreational areas people congregate. Hell, if we took the measures right now that Spain is taking we might actually get out of this with minimal loss of life. We might not even destroy our economy.

Comment

Working...
                                X