X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe 19: now in 3D

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Everyone is "at risk" so to speak, but you know what I mean. There are higher risks. If I weren't a "higher risk" I'd be out and about. I won't be paralyzed and scared and such. We're "at risk" for multiple things. Any things.
    I know you have grey matter in there. Please for the love of God use it. If people think like you there are going to be a lot more deaths. Just humor us, even if you don't get it so I still have some hair I haven't ripped out of my head.

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    Brent, you are not gettimg it.
    The idea is to manage the rate of spread.

It is possible to spread the virus before you show any symptoms.
    It is possible to have the virus and spread it without ever having noticeable symptoms.

HERE'S THE IMPORTANT PART
    peaople who are young, healthy and are not in risk of serious complications can and are spreading the virus without knowing it.
    The only way to manage spread under these circumstances is for everybody - young, old, healthy and "at risk", is to reduce contact with other people as much as possible.

And kids are not immune. They are asymptomatic carriera and just as capable of spreading the virus.
    Tried the simplified version already. Libertarian principles live. You are supposed to be able to do what you want because why should you consider you are killing someone else? It is their job to stay unkilled by hiding?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Everyone is "at risk" so to speak, but you know what I mean. There are higher risks. If I weren't a "higher risk" I'd be out and about. I won't be paralyzed and scared and such. We're "at risk" for multiple things. Any things.
      Out and about? What would be so worth putting others at risk?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Liberty...or stupidity.
        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          But that’s what JD and I are saying. Italy’s 3.2 per 1000 translates to less than 200,000. Our 2.8 translates to 925,000. If you have 5000 cases in each, and you’re one of them, would you really prefer to be where the hospital beds are most dense per 1000 people in the country?
          Of course since the policy here has been based around NOT testing people, the numbers may be off a bit. Our actual # is probably something like 5.5 times what is being reported

Comment

If bars are going to remain open they should have to log IDs for monitoring in case a patron gets flagged for Corona at some point. And/or no cash transactions. Have to use a card.

Comment

You need food, right? So a grocery store. Or how about filling your car up with gas (I'd have to imagine gas stations are not the best examples of cleanliness). I'm not a hoarder, never will be, I think that is an over-reaction, but yeah, I need stuff.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                Of course since the policy here has been based around NOT testing people, the numbers may be off a bit. Our actual # is probably something like 5.5 times what is being reported
                That's sorta why I was curious about % of confirmed cases requiring hospitalization here vs. Italy. To me that might be the best stat right now since we obviously know there are undocumented cases out there due to lack of symptoms.

Comment

You need food, right? So a grocery store. Or how about filling your car up with gas (I'd have to imagine gas stations are not the best examples of cleanliness). I'm not a hoarder, never will be, I think that is an over-reaction, but yeah, I need stuff.
                  Getting that stuff is still reasonable. People need food. That’s not hanging out, just getting what you need.

I simply won’t have enough food here to go a full two weeks so I’ll be making a few trips to grocery too.

Comment

Same here. I can't say I will be giving up my morning coffee run either. Beyond that it's working from home and playing with the kids in backyard/basement.

Comment

Getting that stuff is still reasonable. People need food. That’s not hanging out, just getting what you need.

I simply won’t have enough food here to go a full two weeks so I’ll be making a few trips to grocery too.
                      That means you are among a crowd, yes? The reason is not the argument here. The fact is you are among many a person.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

That’s different than hanging out at the bar.

I’ll probably have to run a few errands. And I’m sure my wife or I will have to go into the office some. We will still try to limit our contact with other people as much as we can to try to avoid becoming infected or infecting someone else.

If it gets bad our choices about where we can go and when will be made for us...

Comment

You’re now equating getting food by running into a store with hanging out in a bar? That’s dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            I think we need a pony. Where is the pony man? Jimjamesak???
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

You’re now equating getting food by running into a store with hanging out in a bar? That’s dumb.
                              You keep focusing on the bar part, or more specifically, a location.

Grocery stores have crowds, just like restaurants and bars and etc. And hey, grocery stores have produce sections that are kinda hands on....

Why is one different than the other?

I can equate the produce sections of grocery stores to buffets, and huh, Vegas just closed their buffets b/c of the virus.

Comment

I get where you're coming from on this. I think the difference is a grocery store is a necessity. Going to the bar is not. People should be able to give that up for what's hopefully a short period of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X