No announcement yet.

2020 NCAA Hockey Tournament - What If: A Simulation of the 2019-2020 Postseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 NCAA Hockey Tournament - What If: A Simulation of the 2019-2020 Postseason

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    My virtual plane has landed in Detroit. What time are the games tomorrow?
    I am watching with my virtual chocolate milk

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      I am watching with my virtual chocolate milk
      Am I the only one that actually flew to Detroit for this? ****it.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        I decided to save on a hotel and can just drive an hour to the rink this year. Took tomorrow off, looking forward to the games.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Re: 2020 NCAA Hockey Tournament - What If: A Simulation of the 2019-2020 Postseason

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          My team was ousted by #notmyflagship

Comment

I can't wait to buy a Simulated Frozen Four t-shirt...should I get one from a street vendor or wait until I get inside?
            License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
              I can't wait to buy a Simulated Frozen Four t-shirt...should I get one from a street vendor or wait until I get inside?
              The Mavs are on the shirt, I need one too!
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
                Better prices and shorter lines at the street vendors. And they accept Monopoly money!
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                  Better prices and shorter lines at the street vendors. And they accept Monopoly money!
                  Plus, while its in the forties and cloudy in real Detroit, in virtual Detroit...well...it's still forties and cloudy. Some things don't change.

As a reminder...

Today's Simulated Games

All Times Eastern

#1 Minnesota State Mavericks v. #2 Boston College Eagles - Puck Drop: 3:00 p.m.

#1 North Dakota Fighting Hawks v. #4 Ohio State Buckeyes - Puck Drop: 8:00 p.m.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Plus, while its in the forties and cloudy in real Detroit, in virtual Detroit...well...it's still forties and cloudy. Some things don't change.

As a reminder...

Today's Simulated Games

All Times Eastern

#1 Minnesota State Mavericks v. #2 Boston College Eagles - Puck Drop: 3:00 p.m.

#1 North Dakota Fighting Hawks v. #4 Ohio State Buckeyes - Puck Drop: 8:00 p.m.
                    The first game has started.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      The first game has started.
                      That would be spectacular if the simulation gave a running account.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        That would be spectacular if the simulation gave a running account.
                        I think on Saturday I might do a "game thread" sort of style if there is interest. That being said...

Frozen Four Semifinal - Detroit

#1 – Minnesota State v. #2 – Boston College
                        The Minnesota State Mavericks, making their first ever trip to the Frozen Four after winning their first two NCAA Tournament games in Allentown just a week-and-a-half ago, squared off against the Boston College Eagles, appearing in their NCAA-record 26th Frozen Four, in the afternoon tilt of the NCAA Tournament Semifinals today in Detroit. Coach York tabbed Spencer Knight to man the pipes for the Eagles, while MSU went with Hobey Baker Finalist Dryden McKay. McKay got the better of Knight in the opening frame, as McKay stopped all 11 shots the Eagles put on net, including three huge stops on the penalty kill midway through the period after Connor Mackey was called for interference. While Knight stood strong for BC in the first half, just after Mackey’s penalty expired, Charlie Gerard dumped the puck into the Eagles zone and Nicholas Rivera won the race to the puck in the near corner. Rivera then slid the puck to a streaking Parker Tuomie in the slot, who roofed a wrister over Knight’s glove to put the Mavericks up 1-0. Knight held Minnesota State in check the rest of the way in the first, and after twenty minutes of play, Minnesota State held a 1-0 lead over Boston College.
                        North Dakota

Comment

I think on Saturday I might do a "game thread" sort of style if there is interest. That being said...

The Minnesota State Mavericks, making their first ever trip to the Frozen Four after winning their first two NCAA Tournament games in Allentown just a week-and-a-half ago, squared off against the Boston College Eagles, appearing in their NCAA-record 26th Frozen Four, in the afternoon tilt of the NCAA Tournament Semifinals today in Detroit. Coach York tabbed Spencer Knight to man the pipes for the Eagles, while MSU went with Hobey Baker Finalist Dryden McKay. McKay got the better of Knight in the opening frame, as McKay stopped all 11 shots the Eagles put on net, including three huge stops on the penalty kill midway through the period after Connor Mackey was called for interference. While Knight stood strong for BC in the first half, just after Mackey’s penalty expired, Charlie Gerard dumped the puck into the Eagles zone and Nicholas Rivera won the race to the puck in the near corner. Rivera then slid the puck to a streaking Parker Tuomie in the slot, who roofed a wrister over Knight’s glove to put the Mavericks up 1-0. Knight held Minnesota State in check the rest of the way in the first, and after twenty minutes of play, Minnesota State held a 1-0 lead over Boston College.
                          That's top notch there.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

****, I booked a last minute flight to Detroit this morning, and then missed my flight.

GO MAVS

Comment

There is interest.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Second period is in the books...

The Mavericks added to their lead just over six minutes into the second, when Rivera found the scoresheet again, as the Senior forward, standing on the top of the crease, deflected an Edwin Hookenson wrister from the top of the slot that beat Knight blocker side high, and gave Minnesota State a 2-0 lead. Boston College would come back midway through the period. After Reggie Lutz was called for tripping, the Eagles went back to the powerplay, and would take advantage. David Cotton found Julius Mattila in the slot, and Mattila unleashed a snap shot that slid through McKay’s five hole and put BC on the board. Trailing MSU 2-1, Boston College nearly tied the game minutes later when Mike Hardman found himself all alone on McKay after a beautiful neutral zone pass from Luke McInnis. Hardman attempted forehand-backhand-forehand move that put McKay out of position, but Hardman’s wrister rang off the near post and the Mavericks kept their one-goal advantage throughout the rest of the period, and after two periods of action, Minnesota State led Boston College 2-1.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X