No announcement yet.

2020 NCAA Hockey Tournament - What If: A Simulation of the 2019-2020 Postseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 NCAA Hockey Tournament - What If: A Simulation of the 2019-2020 Postseason

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    I'm not sure how the other places are doing it, but I am simulating the games as they would have occurred. To that end, the next simulations (at least here) will be Thursday, April 9, 2020, followed by the National Title game on Saturday, April 11, 2020. FWIW, the Minnesota State v. Boston College simulation will be the afternoon simulation on the 9th, so at least you won't have to wait until that evening for your result.
    Good. We need 10 more days of hype for the FF.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: 2020 NCAA Hockey Tournament - What If: A Simulation of the 2019-2020 Postseason

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
      Well, with FS 23 running one of these simulations, there’s a good chance that ND is going to win one of these...
      I think this was made in jest, but, FWIW, I have no input on who prevails in the simulations. I take the information provided by the CHW simulator, and turn it into a narrative. The results stay the same.

I would also point out that North Dakota was the only team to make it to the virtual Frozen Four in each of the three simulations. Clearly they were the best team and should win all three simulations.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        I would also point out that North Dakota was the only team to make it to the virtual Frozen Four in each of the three simulations. Clearly they were the best team and should win all three simulations.
        It’s also interesting that Cornell made the FF in none of the simulations.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
          The term overrated comes to mind.
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

As to simulations, I also received this and at least one earlier tweet.

Clearly, they are not up to the NCAA tourney yet, and there are a lot of baseball and basketball simulations to wade through.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
              At least per my simulation, they got placed in a very difficult bracket. Cornell (#3), Boston College (#6), Bemidji State (#9), and Michigan (#12), were all highly ranked via KRACH. Meanwhile, North Dakota got placed in a relatively easy bracket (North Dakota (#1), Clarkson (#13), Massachusetts (#14), and Sacred Heart (#34)). The West Regional (Duluth (#4), Denver (#5), Ohio State (#8), and Maine (#24)) was also a pretty difficult bracket, and the Northeast Regional (Minnesota State (#2), Penn State (#7), Western Michigan (#10), and Massachusetts Lowell (#17)) was fairly average.
              North Dakota

Comment

I think this was made in jest, but, FWIW, I have no input on who prevails in the simulations. I take the information provided by the CHW simulator, and turn it into a narrative. The results stay the same.

I have an upset DU friend that would like to have a few words with you.
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                  I have an upset DU friend that would like to have a few words with you.
                  You can tell them that I graduated from DU's Sturm College of Law, so clearly I am very, very upset too.
                  North Dakota

Comment

You can tell them that I graduated from DU's Sturm College of Law, so clearly I am very, very upset too.
                    I'll see your bet and raise you. I'm a lifelong BC fan and I graduated from BU Law. And I'm not upset with the simulation, at least not yet
                    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                    BC - 12
                    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                      I'll see your bet and raise you. I'm a lifelong BC fan and I graduated from BU Law. And I'm not upset with the simulation, at least not yet

FWIW, I got my undergraduate degree from North Dakota. Almost went to Michigan for my Ph.D., and then went to DU for law school. That would have been some crazy national championship trifecta.
                      North Dakota

Comment

FWIW, I got my undergraduate degree from North Dakota. Almost went to Michigan for my Ph.D., and then went to DU for law school. That would have been some crazy national championship trifecta.
                        Well, I can't match the total hockey powerhouses of your educational background. My undergraduate degree is from James Madison. Not a rink within an hour of campus. Though I did manage to scrape together enough northerners to put together a floor hockey team that made a deep run in the intramural tournament...
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                          Well, I can't match the total hockey powerhouses of your educational background. My undergraduate degree is from James Madison. Not a rink within an hour of campus. Though I did manage to scrape together enough northerners to put together a floor hockey team that made a deep run in the intramural tournament...
                          Hey, that has to count for something...
                          North Dakota

Comment

Has there been any consideration of the assigned officials? Surely we can't have any of the girly hockey east teams!

Comment

My virtual plane has landed in Detroit. What time are the games tomorrow?
                              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                                My virtual plane has landed in Detroit. What time are the games tomorrow?
                                3pm and 8pm. Eastern time.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X