No announcement yet.

2020 NCAA Hockey Tournament - What If: A Simulation of the 2019-2020 Postseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 NCAA Hockey Tournament - What If: A Simulation of the 2019-2020 Postseason

Woohoo!
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

• Re: 2020 NCAA Hockey Tournament - What If: A Simulation of the 2019-2020 Postseason

Congrats to Minnesota State on winning the Belt.
      Code:
                         Current Holder         Next Defense
      The Belt           Minnesota State        North Dakota 04/11/2020
      AHC Belt           Sacred Heart           next season
      B1G Belt           Penn State             next season
      ECAC Belt          Cornell                next season
      HEA Belt           Massachusetts Lowell   next season
      NCHC Belt          North Dakota           next season
      WCHA Belt          Bemidji State          next season
      Ivy Belt           Cornell                next season
      New England Belt   Massachusetts Lowell   next season
      Connecticut Belt   Sacred Heart           next season
      Massachusetts Belt Boston College         next season
      Michigan Belt      Michigan Tech          next season
      Minnesota Belt     Minnesota              next season
      D II Play up Belt  Bemidji State          next season
      D II P u Alt SO    American International next season
      D III Play up Belt Rensselaer             next season
      Play up Belt       Rensselaer             next season
      Corrections are always appreciated.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
        Oh my, this is what we Maverick fans were looking forward to all year. My hope was that we would play North Dakota one more time this year.
        The series in Mankato was awesome despite the outcome of course. I was really hoping UND would get another chance to play the Mavs! The simulation will have to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
          Obviously they don't know what caused your action. Two minutes maybe but a game misconduct? I don't think so.
          I agree. It was a bit harsh for the offense
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
            The series in Mankato was awesome despite the outcome of course. I was really hoping UND would get another chance to play the Mavs! The simulation will have to do.
            I rarely want to play a team for a third time that we did not lose to in the first two, but this is the matchup I was hoping for since that series.

Comment

Here's hoping there will be one more update for The Belt this season.
              License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                Frozen Four Semifinal - Detroit

#1 – North Dakota v. #4 – Ohio State
                Both sides came out in the third period desperate for the next goal. Ohio State’s Matt Miller unleashed a bomb from the point early in the period that deflected off a UND defender’s body and bounced towards the net, but it hit the far post and went back under Scheel’s leg pad to keep the game at 2-1. North Dakota then got its opportunity on the powerplay, and Kawaguchi found the puck with some space at the far circle, and lifted a wrister that had top shelf written on it, but Nappier showed that his glove had some magic in it as well, snagging the puck at the last second. As the third period wore on, both sides tightened down the grade A opportunities, and the crowd tensed. Nappier stopped all six shots fired on net in the middle eight minutes of the third period, and Scheel was his equal, thwarting each of OSU’s seven chances. As the clock ticked down, Ohio State pushed for to knot the game. However, it was not meant to be for the Buckeyes, as Scheel kept OSU off the board in the final frame. When the horn sounded, and the clock struck midnight for the Cinderella Ohio State Buckeyes, the scoreboard showed the North Dakota Fighting Hawks earning a spot against Minnesota State in the National Championship on Saturday evening with a 2-1 victory over Ohio State.
                Time to go out and have a simulated celebration with fellow Sioux fans!
                License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

You would think that if USCHO is trying to make this their idea, they might want to actually read the "results" of the game and who scored. Kawaguchi (Hobey! Hobey! Hobey!) didn't score - he passed to Mismash who scored.
                  Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                    We kept Kawaguchi off the score sheet that weekend, with no SOGs. If we had met a third time, I think he would have changed those numbers.

Comment

Tomorrow's Simulated Game

All Times Eastern

NCAA National Championship - Detroit

#1 North Dakota Fighting Hawks v. #1 Minnesota State Mavericks: Puck Drop - 7:00 p.m.

I'll be doing a "game thread" style update during the game in this thread starting about 15 minutes before puck drop. Hopefully people will join in so it's not just me talking with myself!
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        Tomorrow's Simulated Game

All Times Eastern

NCAA National Championship - Detroit

#1 North Dakota Fighting Hawks v. #1 Minnesota State Mavericks: Puck Drop - 7:00 p.m.

I'll be doing a "game thread" style update during the game in this thread starting about 15 minutes before puck drop. Hopefully people will join in so it's not just me talking with myself!
                        <3

Comment

FS 23,
                          I'll be following and commenting. Berry has to follow the hot goalie but I'm concerned that Scheel is due for one of his lapses. The Sioux will be ****ed that the purple cows stopped the unbeaten streak. I always felt Cornell was over-rated.
                          Let's go Sioux!

Comment

Originally posted by jersey sioux View Post
                            FS 23,
                            I'll be following and commenting. Berry has to follow the hot goalie but I'm concerned that Scheel is due for one of his lapses. The Sioux will be ****ed that the purple cows stopped the unbeaten streak. I always felt Cornell was over-rated.
                            Let's go Sioux!
                            even in a simulation, you're all stuck in the past. Go Minnesota State, take down those Fighting Hawks.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              even in a simulation, you're all stuck in the past. Go Minnesota State, take down those Fighting Hawks.
                              Hey now!

Should be a really good game. These squads played two great, evenly matched, games earlier this season in Mankato. I have to imagine tonight will be an instant classic. Go Hawks!
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Shirtless guy,
                                Purple cows are a great team and should have been number one over Cornell when the Sioux weren't number one. I think what is significant is that the old WCHA was the best in the land. What is the future of the WCHA? I for one, would welcome the cows to NCHC. I saw the cows in Princeton a few years back. My friend reffed the game. Princeton still plays in the Hobey Baker arena. See it if you can! The Sioux are destined to win after not making the tournament the last two years. I'm betting the game will have 70 percent green in the stands.
                                Carry on
                                Go Sioux!

Comment

Working...
                                X