Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... did Cornell just win the National Championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    FWIW, I still have the simulator that the guys at College Hockey Weekly put together for their, never completed, Top 100 Teams of All-Time Tournament. I could run the data in there and simulate the rest of the season.
    This might be the best option we have.

Comment

Re: So... did Cornell just win the National Championship?

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      It seems fittingly appropriate that sim playoff solution should take place in that hotbed of hockey, Costa Rica!
      Take it away, ticapnews!

Comment

Give the title to the likes of Huntsville

Comment

If there is an interest, Ill put in the work.

I guess we would have to simulate the rest of the conference tournaments first, then have someone pull the pairwise and then run the tourney.

Or, just take the field as is?
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

If there is an interest, Ill put in the work.

I guess we would have to simulate the rest of the conference tournaments first, then have someone pull the pairwise and then run the tourney.

Or, just take the field as is?
            I'd be interested. I'd also say you should do the conference tournaments as well.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
              I'd be interested. I'd also say you should do the conference tournaments as well.
              I think that would make the most sense. I would need a little help running the pairwise numbers, but Im sure people here could help with that aspect.
              North Dakota

Comment

I think that would make the most sense. I would need a little help running the pairwise numbers, but Im sure people here could help with that aspect.
                If the Gophers lose, make it so they weren't wearing the Woogers.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                  Everyone and their mother know the poles don’t matter!
                  Racist
                  "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                  Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                  NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                  EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                  AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                  1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                    Racist
                    That's why awarding the title to Cornell is the true anti-racist choice!

(Anyone?)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Sure. You can use the pairwise calculator
                      at collegehockeyranked.com or when you are done with the conference results I can do that (as long as the site still lets you add games)

This will be a fun way to pass the time...which I expect a whole lot of people are going to have a whole lot of to kill...

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        That's why awarding the title to Cornell is the true anti-racist choice!

(Anyone?)
                        I mean, they didn't give up a single goal the entire post-season...

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                          I mean, they didn't give up a single goal the entire post-season...
                          Didn't score any either...
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Sure. You can use the pairwise calculator
                            at collegehockeyranked.com or when you are done with the conference results I can do that (as long as the site still lets you add games)

This will be a fun way to pass the time...which I expect a whole lot of people are going to have a whole lot of to kill...
                            Let's do it. I'll start up a new thread, so that we don't distract from the Cornellian's national championship claims.
                            North Dakota

Comment

With Minnesota State in the two spot, I’m counting this as the first three wins of the programs NCAA Tournament history.

Additionally, since they went 1-0-1 against the #1 team, that’s now 4 wins and a National Title.

Thanks for playing, everybody!
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

UMD is the defending champion and no other champion has been crowned, so I figure the title stays in Duluth for another year! Three-peat!
                                Originally posted by Priceless
                                Good to see you're so reasonable.
                                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                                Very well, said.
                                Originally posted by Rover
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X