Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    For whatever reason (old age?) I don't really remember that season although I can see that you are correct.
    That was the season where we finished in 2nd, got a first round bye, and lost in the quarters to Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
      That was the season where we finished in 2nd, got a first round bye, and lost in the quarters to Brown.
      I remember that playoff series well. RPI came out flat in the first game and lost. RPI stormed back in the second game, but Bailen got hurt on a kneeing penalty which resulted in a game misconduct for a Brown player. Unfortunately, he missed game 3, in which RPI fell into a 3-0 hole and couldn't quite come all the way back despite a 40-14 advantage in shots on goal.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The first team goalie hasn't been announced yet, but with Galajda being #3 and Savory #2, it is pretty clear and it would be a bit of a shock if the same person isn't GotY.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The first team goalie hasn't been announced yet, but with Galajda being #3 and Savory #2, it is pretty clear and it would be a bit of a shock if the same person isn't GotY.
              USCHO sees Galajda as the best ECAC goalie. Three players from Harvard make up the rest of the ECAC representation: https://www.uscho.com/2020/03/17/pai...team-honorees/

Comment

So I received a letter from RPI asking me to contribute to the Annual Giving program. I kindly called them up and said that given the state of national affairs, that it was very ballsy of them to send those letters out and told them what I though of the move. The woman who answered said "well, that was an already planned mailing and we couldn't do anything to stop it" from going out."

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  So I received a letter from RPI asking me to contribute to the Annual Giving program. I kindly called them up and said that given the state of national affairs, that it was very ballsy of them to send those letters out and told them what I though of the move. The woman who answered said "well, that was an already planned mailing and we couldn't do anything to stop it" from going out."

That's coming soon. Good to know.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am a bit surprised, although I probably shouldn't be, that none of our forwards were among the top nine forwards in the league. Had Burgess started scoring earlier in the season, he probably would have been picked.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                      USCHO sees Galajda as the best ECAC goalie. Three players from Harvard make up the rest of the ECAC representation: https://www.uscho.com/2020/03/17/pai...team-honorees/
                      I am biased, but I am sure that Galajda had a relatively easy time compared to anyone on any of the other teams. That doesn't mean he isn't good. I think that being third team in the ECAC is more sensible.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am biased, but I am sure that Galajda had a relatively easy time compared to anyone on any of the other teams. That doesn't mean he isn't good. I think that being third team in the ECAC is more sensible.
                        If they didn't put Galajda in there, USCHO writers would have had to explain why its #1 ranked team didn't have a single player on its all-star team. 3 guys from Harvard (more than any other team) is also debatable given that team's overall performance this year.

Comment

Today is 18 March 2020. There are 199 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                            If they didn't put Galajda in there, USCHO writers would have had to explain why its #1 ranked team didn't have a single player on its all-star team. 3 guys from Harvard (more than any other team) is also debatable given that team's overall performance this year.
                            Far too often this is exactly what we have seen. no disrespect to any of the boys, all are excellent hockey players, but for many of these 'all star teams' some boys get more attention solely because of which team they play for. Have seen it at all levels up through the Hobey Baker Award.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                              I encourage everyone to recognise what we had without three offensive threats from the past. What made this year's team better (and unfortunately we will never know if the team's peak had been reached or not) was it performed better than the sum of its parts. And it got better and more consistent with each game especially after Christmas. Look at some other D1 schools this year that had lots of talent (BU and Wisconsin come to mind) who performed far below what was expected of them. And now their talent is starting to bail and go pro. My hope going forward is we continue on the same path and play like a team. Problem with having stars is they are fun to watch and put up impressive numbers, but when opponents realize who they need to focus on and your teammates begin to rely on your production, the team performance takes a hit. My hope for next year is the new players fit into the system with as little disruption as possible. Hopefully we can pick up where we left off.
                              Spot on post. I couldn't help but note the same point in the USCHO article about NoDak's Berry winning COTY:

"...This season’s UND squad thrived without a lot of star names, as indicated in part by only junior forward Jordan Kawaguchi being included in this year’s All-USCHO Team. However, as Berry and anyone else who has been paying attention would say, this Hawks group was greater than the sum of its parts."
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                Spot on post. I couldn't help but note the same point in the USCHO article about NoDak's Berry winning COTY:

"...This season’s UND squad thrived without a lot of star names, as indicated in part by only junior forward Jordan Kawaguchi being included in this year’s All-USCHO Team. However, as Berry and anyone else who has been paying attention would say, this Hawks group was greater than the sum of its parts."
                                My MVP of the North Dakota team was the kid who was eating a pound of wings at a bar when he got the call that he needed to get to the arena and suit up. He got to the arena too late for the warmup, but scored his first collegiate goal in the game: https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...he-was-playing

Comment

Working...
                                X