Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
    You have to remember the first half of that season was *brutal*. Lost to Princeton on Jan 12 to fall to 6-10-5 overall and 1-6-3 in the league. The next weekend Jason Kasdorf replaced Bryce Merriam in goal. RPI won 11 of its final 12 regular season games.
    For whatever reason (old age?) I don't really remember that season although I can see that you are correct.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      I have always performed better than the sum of my parts. In fact some of my parts are no longer even my parts any more.
      a
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        How about many years ago when Doug Hearns came down that left wing in OT and took that shot against Ken Dryden?
        That I remember, but it was just a single game. We probably ended up about where we should have for the entire year.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 17 March 2020. There are 200 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The credit for this years turnaround goes to Dave Smith.
            We have had teams with great goaltenders finish in the lower half of the league. We have had teams with more talent finish in the lower half of the league.
            Smith brought this team out of the funk that they have been in for a decade.
            He got them to buy into his system and he got them to play as a team.
            The transformation from 2019 to 2020 was unreal.
            And for that reason, I look forward to next season. We will miss some very talented players, but if the returning players can bring the freshmen into the fold, we will be a very formidable team.
            I for one, am excited.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              That I remember, but it was just a single game. We probably ended up about where we should have for the entire year.
              The question was when we performed better than the sum of our parts - the sum of our parts that night should never have been able to beat a Dryden led team. Much like that night in December 1970 when the sum of our parts tied a powerhouse Clarkson team 3-3. That CCT team had us so over matched that we should not have been able to keep it close. There have both games and seasons that qualify for this topic.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                The credit for this years turnaround goes to Dave Smith.
                We have had teams with great goaltenders finish in the lower half of the league. We have had teams with more talent finish in the lower half of the league.
                Smith brought this team out of the funk that they have been in for a decade.
                He got them to buy into his system and he got them to play as a team.
                The transformation from 2019 to 2020 was unreal.
                And for that reason, I look forward to next season. We will miss some very talented players, but if the returning players can bring the freshmen into the fold, we will be a very formidable team.
                I for one, am excited.
                Amen! and Ditto!
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I got a proxy to vote on where Shirley is one of the candidates as a Director.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

savory in talks now with nhl teams

Comment

• Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
                      savory in talks now with nhl teams
                      He has not been drafted, correct? How can he be in talks with NHL teams? If he can, it would make sense. As of yesterday, though, with the season totally over, only 3 underclassman have signed. With NHL teams. In the past, once the season ended the floodgates opened,

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                        He has not been drafted, correct? How can he be in talks with NHL teams? If he can, it would make sense. As of yesterday, though, with the season totally over, only 3 underclassman have signed. With NHL teams. In the past, once the season ended the floodgates opened,
                        Yes, he has not been drafted. He is a free agent because he is too old to be drafted.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I got a proxy to vote on where Shirley is one of the candidates as a Director.
                          Are you going to show up to the annual shareholders meeting?

Comment

I would guess signings would be muted with everything shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                              Are you going to show up to the annual shareholders meeting?
                              No.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Zalewski wasn't drafted, was in talks, and was able to sign.

Comment

Working...
                                X