Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
    Brian Tapper was pretty solid as well, but not sure when he graduated.
    Bryan graduated inn 1998 and got to play one year with his brother Brad. Fought through a rather serious back problem while at RPI or would have been even more productive.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
        Brian Tapper was pretty solid as well, but not sure when he graduated.
        However he did not play with Cavosie and Murley, so I did not include him/
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          3 really excellent choices and one could not complain whichever gets the top spot (but we all know who we would pick!!)

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            3 really excellent choices and one could not complain whichever gets the top spot (but we all know who we would pick!!)
            I bet it isn't the same person whom they think it should be on eLynah.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I bet it isn't the same person whom they think it should be on eLynah.
              I have never put much stock in the ECAC awards. partially because i disagree with who wins at times but I must admit, really nice that our boys and our coach got some notice this year.

Comment

Does this mean that Marotte is likely to win the goalie award?

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Was just having a thought as to how close we are to something special. Put those three offensive threats with what we already have and I do not think many teams will be able to handle us.
                  I encourage everyone to recognise what we had without three offensive threats from the past. What made this year's team better (and unfortunately we will never know if the team's peak had been reached or not) was it performed better than the sum of its parts. And it got better and more consistent with each game especially after Christmas. Look at some other D1 schools this year that had lots of talent (BU and Wisconsin come to mind) who performed far below what was expected of them. And now their talent is starting to bail and go pro. My hope going forward is we continue on the same path and play like a team. Problem with having stars is they are fun to watch and put up impressive numbers, but when opponents realize who they need to focus on and your teammates begin to rely on your production, the team performance takes a hit. My hope for next year is the new players fit into the system with as little disruption as possible. Hopefully we can pick up where we left off.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                    I encourage everyone to recognise what we had without three offensive threats from the past. What made this year's team better (and unfortunately we will never know if the team's peak had been reached or not) was it performed better than the sum of its parts. And it got better and more consistent with each game especially after Christmas. Look at some other D1 schools this year that had lots of talent (BU and Wisconsin come to mind) who performed far below what was expected of them. And now their talent is starting to bail and go pro. My hope going forward is we continue on the same path and play like a team. Problem with having stars is they are fun to watch and put up impressive numbers, but when opponents realize who they need to focus on and your teammates begin to rely on your production, the team performance takes a hit. My hope for next year is the new players fit into the system with as little disruption as possible. Hopefully we can pick up where we left off.
                    Excellent post. Does anyone have an idea when we last performed better than the sum of our parts?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Excellent post. Does anyone have an idea when we last performed better than the sum of our parts?
                      2012-13 season. That team ignited the same passion this one did. Just a fun team to watch where guys stepped up all over the roster.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
                        2012-13 season. That team ignited the same passion this one did. Just a fun team to watch where guys stepped up all over the roster.
                        I figured that the answer was 10-11, the year after Pirri and D'Amigo left.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
                          You have to remember the first half of that season was *brutal*. Lost to Princeton on Jan 12 to fall to 6-10-5 overall and 1-6-3 in the league. The next weekend Jason Kasdorf replaced Bryce Merriam in goal. RPI won 11 of its final 12 regular season games.

Comment

I have always performed better than the sum of my parts. In fact some of my parts are no longer even my parts any more.

Comment

How about many years ago when Doug Hearns came down that left wing in OT and took that shot against Ken Dryden?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                                You have to remember the first half of that season was *brutal*. Lost to Princeton on Jan 12 to fall to 6-10-5 overall and 1-6-3 in the league. The next weekend Jason Kasdorf replaced Bryce Merriam in goal. RPI won 11 of its final 12 regular season games.
                                No kidding; we went to SCSU that year as the dead last team in the ECAC playing the top team in what was the WCHA and ended up getting a split. But that seemed more like an excitement about the kids we had: Zalewski, Higgs, Haggerty, and obviously Kasdorf. More of a case of "best players" than the "right players" to make a more cohesive team.

Comment

Working...
                                X