RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

The simulations are fun to read but if things had been allowed to play out, I am fairly sure the RPI/Harvard series at home in HFH in front of a reasonably sized crowd (2500+) was going to be a tough, hard fought, barn burner. I had imagined it going 3 games, all low scoring, perhaps even 1 or 2 shutouts with RPI winning the deciding game by scoring an early goal and simply frustrating Harvard and keeping them off the score sheet for the last 20-40 minutes for a 1-0 win (missing the empty net at the end a few times).
    How we would have done in Lake placid would have been determined by who ended up getting there with us. Anything could have happened and anyone can be upset but I felt Cornell was a lock to be there. But the games there would have been very difficult to predict, not only because of the teams that would have been there, but because of the big ice surface. Just not totally sure that the higher rated teams, or even the teams with the best defensive records, would have won as expected. One hot goal tender could have carried the day. We will of course never know. Sure would have been nice to find out though......
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
      In case anyone wants to know, the last time RPI won their final game of the season, it will be 18 years ago on Monday, a win over Clarkson in the 3rd place game in Lake Placid on 3/16/2002.
      I remember it well, I think Murley had a hat trick

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
        I remember it well, I think Murley had a hat trick
        Speaking of Murley, one of my friends is Matt Murley’s cousin. She recently told me that he is still playing in Sweden and his wife just recently gave birth to a 9-pound daughter. She thinks he is going to retire after this season (if the season hasn’t been completed already due to the virus) and return to the states. Maybe this should be on the other thread, but thought I’d mention it here.

Comment

Today is 16 March 2020. There are 201 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Speaking of Murley, one of my friends is Matt Murley’s cousin. She recently told me that he is still playing in Sweden and his wife just recently gave birth to a 9-pound daughter. She thinks he is going to retire after this season (if the season hasn’t been completed already due to the virus) and return to the states. Maybe this should be on the other thread, but thought I’d mention it here.
            Can you imagine if we could turn the clock back and have a line of Cavosie, Tapper and Murley playing up front with our current defense (before this season ended) on the back line and Savory in goal??

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Can you imagine if we could turn the clock back and have a line of Cavosie, Tapper and Murley playing up front with our current defense (before this season ended) on the back line and Savory in goal??
                Pothier, Eberly, and Munn with Joel Laing in goal wasn't too shabby back then either.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Pothier, Eberly, and Munn with Joel Laing in goal wasn't too shabby back then either.
                  Was just having a thought as to how close we are to something special. Put those three offensive threats with what we already have and I do not think many teams will be able to handle us.

Comment

Murley is coaching now per his father

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Was just having a thought as to how close we are to something special. Put those three offensive threats with what we already have and I do not think many teams will be able to handle us.
                      I would take just one of those scorers with this team. It has been a long time since we had someone that put fear into the opposition.
                      That said, we actually finally had a team that scored by committee.
                      Just a personal note, I hate the off season.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        I would take just one of those scorers with this team. It has been a long time since we had someone that put fear into the opposition.
                        That said, we actually finally had a team that scored by committee.
                        Just a personal note, I hate the off season.
                        ehf: The off season would have most likely started now anyway. This way at least it ended on a good note, without any frustration due to a loss. As far as RPI hockey is concerned, the future is so bright, you have to wear shades!!! now let us hope that all of us are back here to enjoy the resurgence of the Beast of the East.

Comment

Mike McMahon
                          @MikeMcMahonCHN
                          ·
                          1h
                          There are already rumblings of college hockey players who have entered (or will be entering) the transfer portal. Don't expect a lot to happen with that for a while, with all communication shut down.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
                            Murley is coaching now per his father
                            MM last played professionally in 18-19 in the Asian League. For those who can still envision him at HFH......he just turned 40
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Most likely places to find out about who is in the Trans. Port. unfortunately is Twitter. After being on there that’s when I wash my hands.....
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Brian Tapper was pretty solid as well, but not sure when he graduated.

Comment

Working...
                                X