Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by RPI22Parent View Post
    An awful way for my son and the other 7 seniors to end their college careers. They should be proud though, they have left the program in better shape then when they entered. They won their last game as Engineers, no title or ring to show for it but the standings will reflect the win. I will miss the fans and all the families we've made such great friends with over the past four years. It's been a great experience.
    My only way to express what I feel is the following - these boys made my life better. I have been around this program for more years than i would care to count. But this group had to fight through some of the worst problems that have ever beset the program and some of the most difficult times. I could care less that the ECAC decided to cancel the remainder of the tournament. I could care less that the NCAA decided the same for their tournament. These boys and this RPI class are champions in my mind and my heart. I wish we could keep this senior class around for one more year as I think they have set the stage for much success to come.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      My only way to express what I feel is the following - these boys made my life better. I have been around this program for more years than i would care to count. But this group had to fight through some of the worst problems that have ever beset the program and some of the most difficult times. I could care less that the ECAC decided to cancel the remainder of the tournament. I could care less that the NCAA decided the same for their tournament. These boys and this RPI class are champions in my mind and my heart. I wish we could keep this senior class around for one more year as I think they have set the stage for much success to come.
      +1, Doc. I couldn’t have said it any better.
      There are so many people that I feel sorry for the way the season ended. Not only the players (especially the seniors), but the coaches, officials, staff employees, nearby businesses, and of course, the fans.
      Thanks RPI for a great season. Hopefully this will all end soon and we can go back to talking Hockey in October.

Comment

Looks like everyone's done. https://***********/NCAA/status/1238197201928667136

Comment

I'm sorry for all the hockey players.

Sorry, also, for the members of RPI's spring sports teams. The women's softball team, in particular, has a lot of seniors on the roster, and was off to a 10-0 start. Now their season ends before they ever get to step on their home field.

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
            B1G is still going to play at least as of now.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              I'm sorry for all the hockey players.

Sorry, also, for the members of RPI's spring sports teams. The women's softball team, in particular, has a lot of seniors on the roster, and was off to a 10-0 start. Now their season ends before they ever get to step on their home field.
              I wonder if people will be allowed to redshirt this year? Obviously not everyone would stay the extra year, but it only seems fair.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                I wonder if people will be allowed to redshirt this year? Obviously not everyone would stay the extra year, but it only seems fair.
                I doubt that they will give redshirts to players who played through their regular seasons. And if we allow all of our seniors to return, and say half do, we will have a glut of players with the expected recruits and not enough scholarship money available.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I doubt that they will give redshirts to players who played through their regular seasons. And if we allow all of our seniors to return, and say half do, we will have a glut of players with the expected recruits and not enough scholarship money available.
                  I meant for spring sports, not hockey.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                    I meant for spring sports, not hockey.
                    That would make sense.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      That would make sense.
                      Lugnut always makes sense. I may not always understand all the math and statistics (although I fake it) but it always makes sense once it is explained to me.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I am glad all the uncertainty and the inconsistent decision making has ended. I feel bad for all college hockey players. I think it would have been terrible to have the end of the season be decided with a huge asterisk attached to the results. There are many teams that are in the same boat as RPI. This will be the "What could have been" season. I look back to last summer and fall and what people on this site were saying. Not knowing what we would get this year. Hoping for the best but trying to be realistic based on the past several years. I wrote back then that if the team played for 60 minutes a game, were hard to play against, and we're fun to watch I would consider the season a success regardless of their record. My hopes were more than realized. I applaud the team and the coaches and I am sad I won't get to see the Seniors complete their careers. I wish them the best. I enthusiastically look forward to next season.

Comment

Red Army Official Statement
                          https://redarmy.union.rpi.edu/?p=322
                          (per usual, change https to http)

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't know who this is, but I thought it was worth posting.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Do they know something we don't know, or do we know something they don's know?

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X