X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
    I want without a peer back maybe special corona edition of the pipeline
    Don't forget to add lime disease in with it.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
      If OS and vast majority of the defense is back we may lead the nation in 2-1 and 1-0 games. If so, I'll also bet that we see an uptick in our scoring as the season goes along. Basketball is not the only sport where defense leads to offense. In our case, once we started playing a disciplined defensive game backstopped by a goalie that seemingly could not be beaten, you could almost feel the frustration rise in opponents and they began to take more chances - which just generated more scoring opportunities for us. With a young forward core it may take a while to evolve, but, hopefully, next season follows a similar pattern. If they just make sure to take care of their responsibilities on our side of the red line the scoring will come.
      Represents my thoughts exactly. See what an RPI education can do for you? Well, at least one from years ago. Defense is the first rule of hockey. Some coaches have made quite a living off of this tenet. Far too many examples to list. What is really energizing me is the fact that for the first time in my memory we have not only a good solid defense, but we have a good solid YOUNG defense. One that can develop, mature and grow together. Give a good goalie, and make no mistake, we have a very good goalie, a cohesive coordinating consistent defense in front of him and your statement about 1-0 and 2-1 games is spot on but we might see more 3-0 and 4-1 games as well. It can become very frustrating playing against a very good defensive team, so much so that opponents start to take chances an make mistakes that can turn into offensive chances. The future does look bright!!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
        Without A Peer used to do the same practice, so I disagree and don’t think speculation is wrong in such projections.
        However, WAP isn’t affiliated with the school, Red Army is. I do think it’s wrong for a school sponsored club to be projecting when students will depart school early.
        My two cents on the matter.
        The intent behind the "Flight Risk" coverage is harmless, but you raise a good point. Better to steer clear of inside info when you are affiliated with or funded by the school or student union. The Red Army has done an excellent job enhancing information that fans have access to--this was clearly done through developing contacts with the team and coaches and building trust. Better to keep that going and steer clear of the scuttlebutt on player departures.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
          The intent behind the "Flight Risk" coverage is harmless, but you raise a good point. Better to steer clear of inside info when you are affiliated with or funded by the school or student union. The Red Army has done an excellent job enhancing information that fans have access to--this was clearly done through developing contacts with the team and coaches and building trust. Better to keep that going and steer clear of the scuttlebutt on player departures.
          After thinking about it, I agree. For an organization connected to the team, one needs to steer away fron this thought of information. I don't think there is anything wrong about listing who is expected to be there over the next few years even though there have been no announcements, but the flight risks should be left out. The Red Army has been interviewing the coach and players recently (very well, I add), and this sort of speculation could cause problems.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Any word on ooc schedule. I heard two with Lowell and at Army. any other opponents known?

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
              Any word on ooc schedule. I heard two with Lowell and at Army. any other opponents known?
              I was going to say we probably are going to CCT and SLU, but I won't.

There is, of course The Mayor's Trophy.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post
                as far as the d core, looks pretty solid. Yes, Reilly graduating will leave some questions, but that is is case every year a senior graduates. Ferner (70 gp) Johnson (67 gp) Hallbauer (63 gp) thru two seasons gives that blue line (200 gp combined) a lot of experience. Throw Babichuk, Kjellberg and Klee (80 gp combined) in the mix and help me find a more experienced/deep returning blue line in conference/country. Babichuk will certainly be key on pp.(Hallbuaer and Kjellberg on pp as well) Ferner (led team in blocked shots), and Johnson logged heavy pk time last two seasons and will both eat a lot of "in all areas" minutes next year. Klee, arguably the most improved player on team, will only get better. So when DS talks about importance of depth, it all starts on back end , and RPI has plenty of depth.

Forwards: yes the loss of seniors will generate a lot of questions. But wasn't the question at beginning of this year , "How are we going to score?"...... again depth played a big factor and with the quality minutes the soph's and freshmen gained this year, I think there is enough to fill the holes left by those graduating. Arguably our best face-off guys were fresh and soph (Dubinsky, Ashbrook, Linden), and the bulk of the best defensive forwards have two plus years left. W's and team growth through out year are most important, so we may see a lot of low scoring games and scoring by committee.

Goalie: we have "the guy" and depth.

If you would have told me mid November that RPI would have earned a ECAC bye, gathered 7 votes (#25 ranking) in the season end national coaches poll, I would not have thought that was possible.

Plenty of work to be done for sure. If everyone can stay healthy, it appears the "buy in" to what DS is looking for is there and the culture is in place. I would say the coaching staff has done a very good job of recruiting the "right" guys to get this program back where it should be.

excellent post, I agree with you 100 percent on Klee being the most improved D man. To be honest the first few games i saw him I thought he was a D3 talent. A few months latter I felt he was becoming a solid 2 way D1 Defensemen at record pace. If this team comes back with most of the expected returnees and the same team first attitude another top 4 finish and a shot at league title should be the goal

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

There is, of course The Mayor's Trophy.
                  Cup.
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
                    savory in talks now with nhl teams
                    Any more intel?
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      Some more names to add to the Transfer Pool.....Already known; Shane Sellar (Dart.), Zach Risteau (SLU), AJ Villella (Ne), Sean Dhooge (Wisco) and now add.... ..........
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Comment

Savory not a Richter semifinalist. Ridiculous

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                              Savory not a Richter semifinalist. Ridiculous
                              Really???

Comment

Today is 25 March 2020. There are 192 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X