Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
    My MVP of the North Dakota team was the kid who was eating a pound of wings at a bar when he got the call that he needed to get to the arena and suit up. He got to the arena too late for the warmup, but scored his first collegiate goal in the game: https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...he-was-playing
    The MVP for North Dakota will always be Jon Casey.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      Most likely places to find out about who is in the Trans. Port. unfortunately is Twitter. After being on there that’s when I wash my hands.....
      Her’s another (there’s also Shane Sellar from Dart).....
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        The MVP for North Dakota will always be Jon Casey.
        I get hives along with horrible flashbacks when I see that name. Only those here who were around in 1984 have a clue how right you are on this point.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

From an RPI fan perspective, certainly the most recent NoDak MVP was the poor SOB who was on the receiving end of Josh Rabbani's hammer drop the last time we appeared in the NCAAs. That kid is still looking for the bus that ran him over ! Easily a top ten play in RPI hockey history that no one talks about...😝
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            From an RPI fan perspective, certainly the most recent NoDak MVP was the poor SOB who was on the receiving end of Josh Rabbani's hammer drop the last time we appeared in the NCAAs. That kid is still looking for the bus that ran him over ! Easily a top ten play in RPI hockey history that no one talks about...��
            That would’ve been Brock Nelson now of the NY Islanders.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              That would’ve been Brock Nelson now of the NY Islanders.
              Yup. Who did not return in that game ...if memory serves. " Arrive in ill humor.." , as Doc would remind us!
              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 03-18-2020, 10:56 PM.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

And if folks don't like that smack down memory, I refer them to Riley Bourbonnais' hit on Jimmy Vesey in the 2016 Harvard playoff series in Cambridge. I dare say it was the hardest hit the golden boy received in his brief collegiate career ...😝 It was also the lone RPI bright spot in the series ...

Comment

Today is 19 March 2020. There are 198 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yup. Who did not return in that game ...if memory serves. " Arrive in ill humor.." , as Doc would remind us!
                    I love the hard hitters we have had over the years. if I concentrate, I can still hear a few of them!
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

And if folks don't like that smack down memory, I refer them to Riley Bourbonnais' hit on Jimmy Vesey in the 2016 Harvard playoff series in Cambridge. I dare say it was the hardest hit the golden boy received in his brief collegiate career ...�� It was also the lone RPI bright spot in the series ...
                      ....am I missing something, “brief collegiate career”. Vesey played all 4yrs @ Harvard.

Comment

Some more names to add to the Transfer Pool.....Already known; Shane Sellar (Dart.), Zach Risteau (SLU), AJ Villella (Ne), Sean Dhooge (Wisco) and now add.... ..........

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          Some more names to add to the Transfer Pool.....Already known; Shane Sellar (Dart.), Zach Risteau (SLU), AJ Villella (Ne), Sean Dhooge (Wisco) and now add.... ..........
                          Doherty would make a good addition for RPI. Tied for the team lead in goals, 2nd in points, and led Maine in SOG by a wide margin. Plus, he’s a senior which means he wouldn’t have to sit out a year. The team could use some senior leadership since we only have Billy Jerry and Linden Marshall as seniors next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                            Doherty would make a good addition for RPI. Tied for the team lead in goals, 2nd in points, and led Maine in SOG by a wide margin. Plus, he’s a senior which means he wouldn’t have to sit out a year. The team could use some senior leadership since we only have Billy Jerry and Linden Marshall as seniors next season.
                            And Alec Calvaruso. But your point remains, a grad transfer would be ideal to balance the classes, even just a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                              I hope you're right. He was HE's February POM. He started at Brown, then left for Maine... My guess is he'd want to stay in HE, but would love to have him!

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                ....am I missing something, “brief collegiate career”. Vesey played all 4yrs @ Harvard.
                                It was a joke, as in not remembering ....after getting flattened by Riley.

Comment

Working...
                                X