Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by sezenack View Post
    Let's talk about a player who kept his commitment to the program for many, many years despite being an Appert recruit, Cory Babichuk!
    I think he's going to be an All-League player next season and tally 25 points. Who's with me?
    He certainly has a shot at it. He has great offensive instincts, good hands and wheels.I hope he hits the weight room in the off season as he is a little undersized..

Quote Originally Posted by sezenack View Post
    Let's talk about a player who kept his commitment to the program for many, many years despite being an Appert recruit, Cory Babichuk!
    I think he's going to be an All-League player next season and tally 25 points. Who's with me?
    I was surprised both that he kept his commitment and Coach Smith was interested in him since other SA recruits dropped by the wayside. Needless to say I was very happy with his contribution.

As to being all-league next year, it's a bit of a crap shoot as we found out this year.

I wonder where I posted this by mistake earlier.

Ryan Healey, Eric's son, didn't make the USNTDP 17U team.

I still hope that we go after him.

Edit: I posted it in the regular season thread. It's now deleted.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-25-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I was surprised both that he kept his commitment and Coach Smith was interested in him since other SA recruits dropped by the wayside. Needless to say I was very happy with his contribution.

As to being all-league next year, it's a bit of a crap shoot as we found out this year.
    Babichuk all league. Smith coach of the year. Really!!! Are you kidding me. As if there isn't any anti RPI bias by the ECAC against "those Canadians" dating back to Ned you know who.

Who has ever taken these post season awards seriously since 1983-1984. As you may recall, RPI was probably as good (save for Jon Casey) as the team that would win the national championship one year later.

Who made all ECAC? Answer, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!!! Not a 15 year NHL guy. Not even an eventual hall of famer. No one!!!

These puss belly sausage stuffers that run the ECAC today are different puss belly sausage stuffers than the ones that ran the ECAC in it's earlier years. However, their puss belly sausage stuffer brains operate exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by tony/troy View Post
    Babichuk all league. Smith coach of the year. Really!!! Are you kidding me. As if there isn't any anti RPI bias by the ECAC against "those Canadians" dating back to Ned you know who.

Who has ever taken these post season awards seriously since 1983-1984. As you may recall, RPI was probably as good (save for Jon Casey) as the team that would win the national championship one year later.

Who made all ECAC? Answer, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!!! Not a 15 year NHL guy. Not even an eventual hall of famer. No one!!!

These puss belly sausage stuffers that run the ECAC today are different puss belly sausage stuffers than the ones that ran the ECAC in it's earlier years. However, their puss belly sausage stuffer brains operate exactly the same.
    Don`t hold back..Tell us how you really feel!

mascot extraordinaire

Geez Tony, someone needs this quarantine lifted

Today is 26 March 2020. There are 191 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.

I Still bleed RPI Red

Agree totally - but will still be sending you a sedative soon. Perhaps a Valium salt lick? That 83-84 team was loaded!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

I miss Tie Domi

Apologies if this was mentioned already, but wanted to share the Marrello family's good deeds here in the Cap Dist. They along with some local corporate sponsors have been catering meals for health care workers at local hospitals. Very great efforts by some very nice folks whose businesses have been hammered by the shutdown.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/bellinis...neatery/posts/
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

How do you figure it's who runs the league??? You do realize that all post-season rewards are voted on by the head coaches?
    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a river and have been skating ever since!

Quote Originally Posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    How do you figure it's who runs the league??? You do realize that all post-season rewards are voted on by the head coaches?
    Thank you for the "useful" insight. However, between 1965 and today I acquired a fairly good working knowledge of who does what mechanically. But thank you anyway.

The missed point was a league wide culture dating back decades starting at the very top and extending downward to however far down it goes. Even farther back to the earlier referenced no 83-84 all ECAC players. No Puppa, Hammond, Friday, George S., Carter, Dark, Jooris or Oates. Instead you have guys listed some won't even remember. Those coaches picked that team too. Get it now???

Lets also not forget coaches getting suspensions for hitting a reply button on their laptop (without uttering a single word) and ducking hay makers successfully without getting their heads ripped off.

Issue covering decades simply pointed out. Some may not have been around long enough to get it. For others how long does not matter. They just will never get it.

Today is 27 March 2020. There are 190 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.

After reading turk181's post on another thread about BC losing a Finnish player, I became concerned about what will happen if European players aren't in Troy next season. We could Leppanen, Lacka, Kjellberg, and recruit Sertti. That would really hurt.

RPI Hockey 2020-21: Two Flags Over the HFH

Thank you for the "useful" insight. However, between 1965 and today I acquired a fairly good working knowledge of who does what mechanically. But thank you anyway.

The missed point was a league wide culture dating back decades starting at the very top and extending downward to however far down it goes. Even farther back to the earlier referenced no 83-84 all ECAC players. No Puppa, Hammond, Friday, George S., Carter, Dark, Jooris or Oates. Instead you have guys listed some won't even remember. Those coaches picked that team too. Get it now???

Lets also not forget coaches getting suspensions for hitting a reply button on their laptop (without uttering a single word) and ducking hay makers successfully without getting their heads ripped off.

Issue covering decades simply pointed out. Some may not have been around long enough to get it. For others how long does not matter. They just will never get it.
    That bothered me at the time although Oates, Carter, and Dallman were 2nd team. We did OK in 84-85.

I miss Tie Domi

"...Lets also not forget coaches getting suspensions for hitting a reply button on their laptop (without uttering a single word) and ducking hay makers successfully without getting their heads ripped off....
    Ha ha, yes ! Not to mention that the coach delivering the attempted on-ice hay maker was crowned coach of the year !...all in the name of sportsmanship...of course. "Mongo....the Maker of Men " ! Ha Ha .... Can't make this stuff up....
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Smile Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

I have a question and a few thoughts:
    Is there any place to see how many players enter the transfer portal each year? I am curious if more players are doing it than in years past.

We have discussed ideas to help bring back the fans. How about having the Marellos take over the concessions? Go to BU's arena, they have a carving station.

Lastly how about Ralph and a few of the more knowledgeable posters have an in person RPI Hockey National Championship Task Force Daily Briefing? It would be so much better and far more informative than what we are stuck with these days 😂

Quote Originally Posted by 25+years View Post
    I have a question and a few thoughts:
    Is there any place to see how many players enter the transfer portal each year? I am curious if more players are doing it than in years past.

We have discussed ideas to help bring back the fans. How about having the Marellos take over the concessions? Go to BU's arena, they have a carving station.

Lastly how about Ralph and a few of the more knowledgeable posters have an in person RPI Hockey National Championship Task Force Daily Briefing? It would be so much better and far more informative than what we are stuck with these days ��
    I am not that knowledgeable. I just post a lot.

I suspect that you are correct about the transfer portal increasing in popularity.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-27-2020 at 12:18 PM.

I Still bleed RPI Red

I am not that knowledgeable. I just post s lot.

I suspect that you are correct about the transfer portal increasing in popularity.
    I used to post a lot and I used to be a little knowledgeable. Now I post a lot less and know a lot less.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    I used to post a lot and I used to be a little knowledgeable. Now I post a lot less and know a lot less.
    Both you and Ralph are far more knowledgeable (as are others on this blog) than I am. Most of the time I sit back and learn from you folks. When I do offer my thoughts, I find I am often off target more than on. I have been a season ticket holder for about 28 years, but am astounded by how much you guys know. I appreciate that a great deal.

Thread Information