Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Just a little something off the path -The March 23rd issue of the National Enquirer (a well known reliable resource) page 47 has a 3/4 page article with pictures of the RPI Cross Country boys team and their desire for Chick-fil-A. It explains what they did to find the closest place to buy ( a kiosk inside an airport that required a valid ticket to access the food court). They ordered 15 chicken sandwiches, 15 large fries, 13 orders of chicken nuggets, one bag of cookies and one lemonade. The total tab came to $227.28 after buying a $98 one way ticket from Albany to Ft. Lauderdale. When asked they all insisted it was worth it.
    Thanks to Jenny for finding this. Never underestimate the ingenuity of the RPI boys!!
    If this were my cohorts back in the day we would have bought a refundable ticket for later in the day and then had it refunded.

Comment

One time a Q-Pac committ
      as a forward.....
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
        True, but both players entered the following year. I don't know when they committed, but it was probably common knowledge in the coaching community that they were either coming to Troy or that they were being recruited. As I said, I was told at the time by someone in the know that the argument was about recruiting a player that was supposedly off-limits. I was probably told who it was, but the name Adam Oates would have meant nothing to me. It sure does now.
        Very good point, can’t remember those details.
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
          Very good point, can’t remember those details.
          I talked to Servinis at the 25th anniversary shindig they had at the Field House. The interviewer in me came out and I asked him, off the record, if he was offside. His response was “well, i guess we’ll never know” while nodding his head up and down
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
            I talked to Servinis at the 25th anniversary shindig they had at the Field House. The interviewer in me came out and I asked him, off the record, if he was offside. His response was “well, i guess we’ll never know” while nodding his head up and down
            Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Mike Gornall might be better since he was a little-used ND player and then played regularly and well at RPI.

BTW, I assume that you have no reason to think that we are actually going to get him.
              The kid played enough to be +20 (5th on the squad) as a 19 year-old sophomore on an outstanding team. I wouldn't spend a lot of time dreaming about him.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                The kid played enough to be +20 (5th on the squad) as a 19 year-old sophomore on an outstanding team. I wouldn't spend a lot of time dreaming about him.
                I am not. See post #360.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-03-2020, 02:33 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 3 April 2020. There are 183 days (6 months) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                    i talked to servinis at the 25th anniversary shindig they had at the field house. The interviewer in me came out and i asked him, off the record, if he was offside. His response was “well, i guess we’ll never know” while nodding his head up and down :d
                    I think he'd be fun to buy a round or two with...
                    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                      If this were my cohorts back in the day we would have bought a refundable ticket for later in the day and then had it refunded.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Today is 4 April 2020. There are 182 days (26 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I will be attempting to set up a new computer today. Thus I may disappear for a while, or perhaps forever. If the later happens, it should be a cause for celebration.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I received an email from someone who is not a member of this list and also not a member of Twitter. He said that he could not play the video in one of the innumerable posts I have made consisting of a tweet. I thought that it didn't require membership in Twitter to watch videos. Does anyone else have this problem? It could be a browser problem.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X