X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    I second this. He should definitely be included on an idea like this, and I know he would be very appreciative of this support and backing from the fans.
    Thanks for the feedback. I just emailed Coach Smith. Does anyone think I should go up the chain and email my ideas to SAJ, especially the part about giving up her box for health care providers? Who knows maybe she will generously offer up 5% of the seats up there.😂

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
      Thanks for the feedback. I just emailed Coach Smith. Does anyone think I should go up the chain and email my ideas to SAJ, especially the part about giving up her box for health care providers? Who knows maybe she will generously offer up 5% of the seats up there.😂
      I am sure that sports is not on top of her list. But reaching out to the AD should be looked into.
      Good luck.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        I am sure that sports is not on top of her list. But reaching out to the AD should be looked into.
        Good luck.
        Cutting sports could be at or near the top.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          Good luck.
          Worth a shot. I would remind folks that if and when money is sent it needs to be with the explicit instructions that it go only in support of men's hockey, lest it get lost in the general fund to pay for SAJ's new gazebo or other worthwhile improvements....
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

A little news from the NCAA re: transfer rule changes

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...waiver-process
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Today is 1 May 2020. There are 155 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wonder if we will be playing LIU if they actually are starting hockey in the fall.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Is it just me, or is there nothing on the RPI athletics site right now?

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                    Is it just me, or is there nothing on the RPI athletics site right now?
                    I think it is just you. The newest hockey article is about the team awards.
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-01-2020, 06:12 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I think it is juzt you. The newest hockey article is about the team awards.
                      Thank you, Ralph. I tried on my smartphone too, and it worked there.

Comment

Today is 2 May 2020. There are 154 days (22 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                          Yesterday I wrote Norris Pearson offering to pay for season tickets for in person games or not as long as we could watch them from home. I also suggested the Shirley box be donated to health care workers and their families as a way to say thanks. He replied that the HFH staff are furloughed as of 5PM today until the end of July. He thanked me for the offer , but said there are so many possibilities for what might happen that committing to any plan would be premature. I agree with that but wanted to throw an idea out there so when they come to the “How are we going to do this?” stage, maybe it would enter the discussion and help in that process. I do think the fans in general and the season ticket holders in particular should have the opportunity to have a say. If the decision is “We can’t afford to have a season without fans”, there are options to make it work.
                          Not the best of signs for any first semester sports. These people handle season ticket mailings and collections for both football (only about three dozen or so) and hockey. Last year the football season ticket payment was due before these people will even be back to work. Mine was paid on July 15. Don't remember when hockey season ticket money was due but my application was received in early August and paid on August 16 (just shortly after they will return to work). Not sure I like reading between these lines.

Does anyone know just how deeply the athletic staff was furloughed??

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Today is 2 May 2020. There are 154 days (22 weeks) until RPI's next game.

I may have missed this earlier in the thread or in a 'Cafe' discussion but I has anyone heard about the impact of COVID-19 on the roll-out of the Summer Arch program? It is certainly realistic that RPI can provide online coursework this summer but what kind of 'co-op educational experiences' can corporate America provide starting in about four weeks?

Comment

Today is 3 May 2020. There are 153 days (5 months) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
                                Not the best of signs for any first semester sports. These people handle season ticket mailings and collections for both football (only about three dozen or so) and hockey. Last year the football season ticket payment was due before these people will even be back to work. Mine was paid on July 15. Don't remember when hockey season ticket money was due but my application was received in early August and paid on August 16 (just shortly after they will return to work). Not sure I like reading between these lines.

Does anyone know just how deeply the athletic staff was furloughed??
                                I always wanted to meet the football season ticket holder.

Comment

Working...
                                X