X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    How do you figure it's who runs the league??? You do realize that all post-season rewards are voted on by the head coaches?
    Thank you for the "useful" insight. However, between 1965 and today I acquired a fairly good working knowledge of who does what mechanically. But thank you anyway.

The missed point was a league wide culture dating back decades starting at the very top and extending downward to however far down it goes. Even farther back to the earlier referenced no 83-84 all ECAC players. No Puppa, Hammond, Friday, George S., Carter, Dark, Jooris or Oates. Instead you have guys listed some won't even remember. Those coaches picked that team too. Get it now???

Lets also not forget coaches getting suspensions for hitting a reply button on their laptop (without uttering a single word) and ducking hay makers successfully without getting their heads ripped off.

Issue covering decades simply pointed out. Some may not have been around long enough to get it. For others how long does not matter. They just will never get it.

Comment

Today is 27 March 2020. There are 190 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

After reading turk181's post on another thread about BC losing a Finnish player, I became concerned about what will happen if European players aren't in Troy next season. We could Leppanen, Lacka, Kjellberg, and recruit Sertti. That would really hurt.

RPI Hockey 2020-21: Two Flags Over the HFH
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
          Thank you for the "useful" insight. However, between 1965 and today I acquired a fairly good working knowledge of who does what mechanically. But thank you anyway.

The missed point was a league wide culture dating back decades starting at the very top and extending downward to however far down it goes. Even farther back to the earlier referenced no 83-84 all ECAC players. No Puppa, Hammond, Friday, George S., Carter, Dark, Jooris or Oates. Instead you have guys listed some won't even remember. Those coaches picked that team too. Get it now???

Lets also not forget coaches getting suspensions for hitting a reply button on their laptop (without uttering a single word) and ducking hay makers successfully without getting their heads ripped off.

Issue covering decades simply pointed out. Some may not have been around long enough to get it. For others how long does not matter. They just will never get it.
          That bothered me at the time although Oates, Carter, and Dallman were 2nd team. We did OK in 84-85.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
            "...Lets also not forget coaches getting suspensions for hitting a reply button on their laptop (without uttering a single word) and ducking hay makers successfully without getting their heads ripped off....
            Ha ha, yes ! Not to mention that the coach delivering the attempted on-ice hay maker was crowned coach of the year !...all in the name of sportsmanship...of course. "Mongo....the Maker of Men " ! Ha Ha .... Can't make this stuff up....
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I have a question and a few thoughts:
              Is there any place to see how many players enter the transfer portal each year? I am curious if more players are doing it than in years past.

We have discussed ideas to help bring back the fans. How about having the Marellos take over the concessions? Go to BU's arena, they have a carving station.

Lastly how about Ralph and a few of the more knowledgeable posters have an in person RPI Hockey National Championship Task Force Daily Briefing? It would be so much better and far more informative than what we are stuck with these days 😂

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                I have a question and a few thoughts:
                Is there any place to see how many players enter the transfer portal each year? I am curious if more players are doing it than in years past.

We have discussed ideas to help bring back the fans. How about having the Marellos take over the concessions? Go to BU's arena, they have a carving station.

Lastly how about Ralph and a few of the more knowledgeable posters have an in person RPI Hockey National Championship Task Force Daily Briefing? It would be so much better and far more informative than what we are stuck with these days ��
                I am not that knowledgeable. I just post a lot.

I suspect that you are correct about the transfer portal increasing in popularity.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-27-2020, 12:18 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am not that knowledgeable. I just post s lot.

I suspect that you are correct about the transfer portal increasing in popularity.
                  I used to post a lot and I used to be a little knowledgeable. Now I post a lot less and know a lot less.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      I used to post a lot and I used to be a little knowledgeable. Now I post a lot less and know a lot less.
                      Both you and Ralph are far more knowledgeable (as are others on this blog) than I am. Most of the time I sit back and learn from you folks. When I do offer my thoughts, I find I am often off target more than on. I have been a season ticket holder for about 28 years, but am astounded by how much you guys know. I appreciate that a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                        Both you and Ralph are far more knowledgeable (as are others on this blog) than I am. Most of the time I sit back and learn from you folks. When I do offer my thoughts, I find I am often off target more than on. I have been a season ticket holder for about 28 years, but am astounded by how much you guys know. I appreciate that a great deal.
                        I try to contribute from memory over the past 57 years of RPI hockey that I have seen. The program has changed greatly during that time but so has college hockey in general. I just try to add the perspective from the past to what we are seeing at present and perhaps a little ways into the future. Jenny and i can safely say one thing for certain. We have gotten to see and know a whole bunch of RPI players and their families. Almost without exception, these have been fabulous boys and great families. Did not matter how the seasons played out. We have seen it all, the highs (incredible at times) and the lows (some in the abyss). Regardless we have been blessed to have exposure to everyone involved.

Comment

Today is 28 March 2020. There are 189 days (27 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Everybody is getting into the act.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Everybody is getting into the act.

Guess it is hard to score against OS even in a simulation!!

Comment

Today is 29 March 2020. There are 188 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X