X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    He said it was the last few seconds of the NCAA final, so i suspect it was this

If it was protected, i couldn't see it either. I wouldn't think RPI_Hockey protects its tweets unless Shirley took control.
    Trying it myself, it seems to work OK. It's entirely possible that some users may not have a particular codec, or video format, available to view it.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
      Ralph, I use Windows 10 and Chrome and for some reason I frequently get a "Media can't be played" (or similar) error on many Twitter videos. If I click a second time they almost invariably work. Perhaps others are getting transient errors as well.
      Although not directly related to videos, I have noticed that sometimes Twitter is a little finicky when trying to open a single tweet, and a refresh is required. Perhaps this is a similar thing, which would seem to be something on Twitter's end.

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
        Although not directly related to videos, I have noticed that sometimes Twitter is a little finicky when trying to open a single tweet, and a refresh is required. Perhaps this is a similar thing, which would seem to be something on Twitter's end.
        I have noticed that when I post them, I have to refresh.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-06-2020, 12:46 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
          I was there as a 12 year old.

My late father( class of 1962) spoke some Russian/ Ukrainian. After the game, he hung out by the Soviet / Sokol Kiev/ whomever they played locker room. He communicated with a few gentlemen in suits and topcoats as best I can remember. He was granted entry towards the locker room. A few minutes later he emerged with a brand new unused Russian hockey stick.

I had a hockey game the next morning at Albany Academy, and what 12 year old wouldn't think to show off his new prize on the very next day? Well sadly they must not have made sticks very well in the Soviet Union those days as it broke on my first shift and was forever relegated to street hockey duty with a plastic blade. But another wonderful RPI hockey memory to say the very least
          We were there. Remember that this was a big surprise for us. We had been told that European hockey teams played a less physical game than we saw here. This Russian team was beyond physical. Lots of minor injuries for us and I felt that this game played a role in how we performed the rest of the season as I just think it took a lot out of some of our boys.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Didn't we talk about that game fairly recently.
            It is time to clean out the basement.Anyone interested in '85 ECAC and NCAA championship programs, April 8 Sports Illustrated issue with article on RPI championship, several issues of the Polytechnic during the championship run, articles on sweep of UW in Madison in '81, and some other yellowed newspaper articles?. Communicate in forum or other means? Go Red!

Comment

Today is 7 April 2020. There are 179 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Manistee Rambler View Post
                It is time to clean out the basement.Anyone interested in '85 ECAC and NCAA championship programs, April 8 Sports Illustrated issue with article on RPI championship, several issues of the Polytechnic during the championship run, articles on sweep of UW in Madison in '81, and some other yellowed newspaper articles?. Communicate in forum or other means? Go Red!
                If no one else has already requested them I’d like them.

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                  I came across a short clip of the '85 semi-final game vs Minnesota Duluth. I suspect a many of you have seen this but for those who haven't, please try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTQutBr7CQQ

Wish it were longer than 3:59!
                  Wow!!! During the fracas at the end of the second OT, did anyone notice the Pierre L. spear job on a Deluth player. I do not recall that being one of the penalties called at all, much less the major it could have been. The actual box score that could verify this does not appear to be on line anywhere.

Not only may we have gotten away with that one, but, we ended up on the power play to begin the third OT on which we scored to win it. Add George being off sides on a face off resulting directly in the game winning goal a night later, it is really starting to look like someone up there really liked us that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
                    Wow!!! During the fracas at the end of the second OT, did anyone notice the Pierre L. spear job on a Deluth player. I do not recall that being one of the penalties called at all, much less the major it could have been. The actual box score that could verify this does not appear to be on line anywhere.

Not only may we have gotten away with that one, but, we ended up on the power play to begin the third OT on which we scored to win it. Add George being off sides on a face off resulting directly in the game winning goal a night later, it is really starting to look like someone up there really liked us that weekend.
                    Being there at the time we saw the fracas but you cannot concentrate on everything. i felt the penalty calls were going to even out as usual and we were surprised to see us on a power play. Did we deserve it? Watching live, impossible to know. Very thankful that we got the extra man though!!
                    i do think too much emphasis is put on whether George was off side or not. At the time it was not a game winning goal - it was early enough that we all felt we could score again. Perhaps once we were up by 2, we played a bit more defensively? In any case, it all remains as one of the best weekends of our lives.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

It was more than made up for in the last 35 years
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
                        Actually, the penalty calls resulted in two players (1 RPI and 1 UMD) receiving 2 minutes, an RPI player (may have been Langevin, not really sure) got a double minor, and a Duluth player received 6 minutes. So what happened is that they played 3 on 3 for the first two minutes, 4 on 4 the next 2 minutes before they got their PP. I remember RPI played very conservatively those first 4 minutes waiting for their power play chance.

Comment

Today is 8 April 2020. There are 178 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The NHL CSB released its Final Draft Rankings https://media.nhl.com/public/news/13935?sf120492526=1. (The links are on the bottom.) No current or known future RPI players are included.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The NHL CSB released its Final Draft Rankings https://media.nhl.com/public/news/13935?sf120492526=1. (The links are on the bottom.) No current or known future RPI players are included.
                                Does this surprise anyone? Does it concern anyone? Again I would point out Wisconsin, with several high round draft picks, finished dead last in the Big Ten and B.U. with, I think, 12 first rounders finished sixth in Hockey East. My point: be careful what you wish for. I am not saying they don't care about the team at all,but the stars in college hockey have their eyes firmly focused on what's next for them as individuals and not on the performance of the team. These folks' plan is to go pro sooner rather than later. Not a recipe for team success.

Comment

Working...
                                X