Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by johnk View Post
    Wow! Made it to Detroit courtesy of the long defunct Peoples Express. What a night and what a hangover Sunday morning! If memory serves me correct I made it home just in time for the 1st Wrestlemania and the next night Villanova upset Georgetown. Quite the 4 day stretch.
    Headache? Hangover? I have some stretches of time after the game ended that i still have trouble recalling. But i was floating on air! I had a brief flashback to some of that in 1995 in Lake Placid when we beat Princeton 5-1 to win the ECAC tournament but it was really not a very close comparison.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      Yesterday, I took a trip down memory lane and watched my copy of the 1995 ECAC Championship game.
      This was a very talented team with two of my favorite all time Engineers, Eric Healey and Bryan Richardson.
      The thing about the game was that this team made all the easy plays. No blind passes or passes through three defenders. It was a pleasure to watch.
      Also, Patrick Rochon led the Engineer defensemen in scoring with 45 points. When was the last time we had a defenseman with that many points?
      Anyway, it was fun to watch, and I thought that I would share it with all of you.
      We intended to commute to all the games from our Adirondack house but after we beat Colgate (totally unexpected on my part) we decided to try to stay in Lake Placid. There had been virtually no rooms to be had before the tournament began but after Princeton upset Clarkson and we beat Colgate, we were able to find a room at the Hilton( i think it was still under that name) as many people checked out early. Good thing we did as after the Princeton game we were up all night partying and there was no way i could drive through the mountains that night having to go through Saranac and then Tupper Lake to make the treacherous drive down through Long Lake to Blue Mt Lake.
      it has been a long time since we could celebrate that kind of thing, far too long, and hoping it is time we get to experience that again!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Interviews with Terry Butryn, Mike Dark, George Servinis, Ken Hammond, and Mike Sadeghpour. A total of about 1:20:00.

Edit: Hammond and Sadeghpour both mentioned the support President George Low, who passed away in 1984, gave the team. There is a distinct contrast to the present situation.
        Even R. Byron Pipes. Take a look at when the downturn of RPI hockey started, and you’ll find one name at the top. I’m beginning to think Fridge knew something that we didn’t when he resigned. He was looking for a way out of coaching and he found his scapegoat.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          Even R. Byron Pipes. Take a look at when the downturn of RPI hockey started, and you’ll find one name at the top. I’m beginning to think Fridge knew something that we didn’t when he resigned. He was looking for a way out of coaching and he found his scapegoat.
          Could all be a coincidence??? Nah!!!!!!!!!!!! You are spot on!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
            Let's go Red! Prepare the championship banner. Get ready to meet the simulated bus when it gets back to the Field House.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

How many simulated flops were there?
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                  Doherty would make a good addition for RPI. Tied for the team lead in goals, 2nd in points, and led Maine in SOG by a wide margin. Plus, he’s a senior which means he wouldn’t have to sit out a year. The team could use some senior leadership since we only have Billy Jerry and Linden Marshall as seniors next season.
                  Looking like Doherty will be heading to Happy Valley (PSU).
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    I still think that he will play for ASU.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Is there a cutoff date for entering the portal?

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                        Is there a cutoff date for entering the portal?
                        Any player can enter the portal at any time if they are looking to transfer. Like Ralph, I think Burgess ends up at ASU

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                          Any player can enter the portal at any time if they are looking to transfer. Like Ralph, I think Burgess ends up at ASU
                          It won't impact Burgess but it sounds like ASU is set to build a rink ...capacity around 4000-4500, possibke opening in late 2021 or early Winter 2022.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Today is 1 April 2020. There are 185 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I have to admit that I know nothing about these things, but how can ASU improve his professional aspirations?
                              I would think that he would rather go to a more noted hockey school where he could be noticed.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                I have to admit that I know nothing about these things, but how can ASU improve his professional aspirations?
                                I would think that he would rather go to a more noted hockey school where he could be noticed.
                                First of all, they have in very short order built a winning program... I think they were 22-11 this year... With the internet video technology, the scouting world has gotten a lot smaller. You can watch just about any junior or college game online on any given night from anywhere in the world. ASU last season played many top teams - including Minn. St., Qpac, Denver, Mich. St., N. Omaha, Harvard, Clarkson and Wisconsin...my guess is there were a few scouts at those games... Add in that he majority of growth in the NHL and AHL is in the western half of the US (Las Vegas, Seattle, many AHL moved to the west) -- there is no shortage of scouting opportunities.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X