RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
    I know it's a long way off. And I am not sure how things will go, but unless things change dramatically, I don't see how any sports team can realistically think they will be able to open the doors and let fans in. Masks or not. 6 feet apart or not. We won't know if the virus makes a fall comeback until the fall. And to cross your fingers and hope for the best is not a plan for success. With that being said, I think eventually things will get better. Maybe a year or two, but it will. I would offer the following suggestion: I would gladly pay for our two season tickets to help keep the team afloat. If we can go to games, great. If not, we get to watch the games for free (home and away) on TV or on line. And I won't demand a refund. And after its over the team throws a big party for season ticket holders to celebrate. And RPI hockey survives and SAJ can keep her 5%. And her throne at the end of the rink is donated to a needy family every game. And she stays away from HFH.
    Hopefully it won't come to this, but if that day comes, then I am onboard with this 100%
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Hopefully it won't come to this, but if that day comes, then I am onboard with this 100%
      This is an idea worth developing and discussing further. I am not a season ticket holder but I would become a stakeholder.

Comment

Today is 28 April 2020. There are 158 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          You could be right. As was in both Denver and Columbus when they played HC in a consolation game, so I could be confusing road trips
          Looks like it was this game: http://collegehockeystats.net/0809/boxes/mhcrren1.j03

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
            Has anyone who left RPI or decommitted ever made any significant impact, anywhere?
            Well, in my opinion Drew Melanson had a significant impact at BU as a grad transfer during the 2017-18 season. While his numbers weren't fabulous (6-13-19), he stepped up his play the last quarter of the season and especially in the postseason.

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
              Well, in my opinion Drew Melanson had a significant impact at BU as a grad transfer during the 2017-18 season. While his numbers weren't fabulous (6-13-19), he stepped up his play the last quarter of the season and especially in the postseason.

Sean
              Melanson was highlighted here as a good performance after transfer. The point total at BU was his second best after a 20 point freshman year, when there was a synergy with linemate Lou Nanne. That, unfortunately turned out to be a high water mark for him (I think an injury impacted his sophomore year, if I recall correctly) and things fell apart for RPI his junior year. In retrospect, not surprising that he sought some fresh scenery for his senior(grad transfer) year.

Comment

Speaking of transfers in and out, it has been reported on the RPI Women's team thread that freshman goalie Ena Nystrom has entered the transfer portal. If she leaves, which she probably will, we won't need a Norwegian flag next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  FWIW, in the other direction, we got Nick Bailen after a year at BG when they had a change of coach. He made a very significant contribution in Troy.
                  Wasn’t it also because there was fear BG was on the verge of dropping hockey? Q-Pac landed Jordan Samules- Thomas as well.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    Wasn’t it also because there was fear BG was on the verge of dropping hockey? Q-Pac landed Jordan Samules- Thomas as well.
                    Now that you mention it, I do have a vague recollection about that.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Speaking of transfers in and out, it has been reported on the RPI Women's team thread that freshman goalie Ena Nystrom has entered the transfer portal. If she leaves, which she probably will, we won't need a Norwegian flag next season.
                      0-21-1. Who could blame her.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Today is 29 April 2020. There are 157 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 30 April 2020. There are 156 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                            This is an idea worth developing and discussing further. I am not a season ticket holder but I would become a stakeholder.
                            Yesterday I wrote Norris Pearson offering to pay for season tickets for in person games or not as long as we could watch them from home. I also suggested the Shirley box be donated to health care workers and their families as a way to say thanks. He replied that the HFH staff are furloughed as of 5PM today until the end of July. He thanked me for the offer , but said there are so many possibilities for what might happen that committing to any plan would be premature. I agree with that but wanted to throw an idea out there so when they come to the “How are we going to do this?” stage, maybe it would enter the discussion and help in that process. I do think the fans in general and the season ticket holders in particular should have the opportunity to have a say. If the decision is “We can’t afford to have a season without fans”, there are options to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                              Yesterday I wrote Norris Pearson offering to pay for season tickets for in person games or not as long as we could watch them from home. I also suggested the Shirley box be donated to health care workers and their families as a way to say thanks. He replied that the HFH staff are furloughed as of 5PM today until the end of July. He thanked me for the offer , but said there are so many possibilities for what might happen that committing to any plan would be premature. I agree with that but wanted to throw an idea out there so when they come to the “How are we going to do this?” stage, maybe it would enter the discussion and help in that process. I do think the fans in general and the season ticket holders in particular should have the opportunity to have a say. If the decision is “We can’t afford to have a season without fans”, there are options to make it work.
                              I applaud your efforst and would urge that if you haven't already, to include Coach Smith in your solicitation. Any such effort is gonna need buy in and backing of the HC to move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                I applaud your efforst and would urge that if you haven't already, to include Coach Smith in your solicitation. Any such effort is gonna need buy in and backing of the HC to move forward.
                                I second this. He should definitely be included on an idea like this, and I know he would be very appreciative of this support and backing from the fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X