X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    According to the schedules thread, NU will be at RPI for either 1 or 2 games.

Assuming that the game is actually played and fans are allowed in, everybody boo Gunnarwolfe Fontaine.
    He's going to end up scoring a hat trick that game

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
      He's going to end up scoring a hat trick that game
      You put the emoji there, but don’t doubt it. When Alpert came aboard, he cut both Reed Kipp and Jordan Cyr. Kipp stayed to complete his degree, while Cyr transferred to Holy Cross. RPI went out to Columbus to play in a tournament against tOSU, Denver, and HC. RPI and HC went to OT on the consolation, and the OT winner was scored by Cyr. Everyone could see it that coming too
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        You put the emoji there, but don’t doubt it. When Alpert came aboard, he cut both Reed Kipp and Jordan Cyr. Kipp stayed to complete his degree, while Cyr transferred to Holy Cross. RPI went out to Columbus to play in a tournament against tOSU, Denver, and HC. RPI and HC went to OT on the consolation, and the OT winner was scored by Cyr. Everyone could see it that coming too
        The difference with this is that he dropped us not the other way around

Comment

Today is 26 April 2020. There are 160 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
            The difference with this is that he dropped us not the other way around
            I've already told on here why Fontaine's change of heart annoyed me (not my original choice of words but it passes the censors), but, to make matters worse, his choice to play on St. Botolph St. (old Boston Arena, now called Matthews Arena) for NU was particularly cruel as I am both the son and father of Northeastern alums (a mere 65 years apart). If we play them in Troy or Boston I will make the 3 hour drive and root my heart out for our boys. This one is for family bragging rights.

P.S. I also saw that we are expected to play at West Point this year. With my nephew a 2012 grad and the fact that we've lost some tough games to them over the years, that one is personal too. Tate Rink, here we come.
            Last edited by rpi82; 04-26-2020, 03:48 AM.

Comment

I don't think that Fontaine has anything against RPI. It was a place that he could hang his hat until he got what he considered a better offer.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He's looking for work.

Brad Tapper looks a lot different than when he was at RPI.
                Don't we all!!
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I don't think that Fontaine has anything against RPI. It was a place that he could hang his hat until he got what he considered a better offer.
                  Chris Huxley anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                    Chris Huxley anyone?
                    He whose name is not to be mentioned (hi Ralph!) didn't have much of an impact at Harvard,as I recall.
                    (Checked hockey db... 42 points in 119 games.)
                    Last edited by fr. joe; 04-26-2020, 04:01 PM.

Comment

That was the point. Look, I know this goes both ways when you are dealing with players committing two or more years before enrolling. However, his case seemed pretty calculated. He was relatively unknown (from the hockey hotbed, Moses Brown School) joining a very strong Lawrence Academy team for his senior year. About 10 of his teammates had college commitments (a couple of D3, an ECAC, an AHA and the rest HE) but as his season was winding down he was still waiting. Why is a good question, but I suspect that there was a feeling he was benefitting greatly from playing on a line with two very highly recruited players. We offered and he accepted - saying all the right things about how much he knew and was happy with his choice based on his sister being an ex-Union player. Then, as soon as he got off to a good start in junior hockey the following season we started to hear that his commitment was tenuous and that proved to be the case. That was his right, but I will be (not so secretly) pleased if we go out and show Fontaine, NU and HE that our program is definitely on the way back. That won't be easy as Northeastern has shown themselves to be at least on par if not ahead of their Boston brethren in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                        That was the point. Look, I know this goes both ways when you are dealing with players committing two or more years before enrolling. However, his case seemed pretty calculated. He was relatively unknown (from the hockey hotbed, Moses Brown School) joining a very strong Lawrence Academy team for his senior year. About 10 of his teammates had college commitments (a couple of D3, an ECAC, an AHA and the rest HE) but as his season was winding down he was still waiting. Why is a good question, but I suspect that there was a feeling he was benefitting greatly from playing on a line with two very highly recruited players. We offered and he accepted - saying all the right things about how much he knew and was happy with his choice based on his sister being an ex-Union player. Then, as soon as he got off to a good start in junior hockey the following season we started to hear that his commitment was tenuous and that proved to be the case. That was his right, but I will be (not so secretly) pleased if we go out and show Fontaine, NU and HE that our program is definitely on the way back. That won't be easy as Northeastern has shown themselves to be at least on par if not ahead of their Boston brethren in recent years.
                        Sounds like a post with some solid non public behind the scenes information. Does anyone know if the Sarlo situation was the same?

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                          He whose name is not to be mentioned (hi Ralph!) didn't have much of an impact at Harvard,as I recall.
                          Has anyone who left RPI or decommitted ever made any significant impact, anywhere?
                          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                            Has anyone who left RPI or decommitted ever made any significant impact, anywhere?
                            I can`t think of any off the top of my head. There have been a few that we almost landed that haunted us Tyler burton of colgate comes to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by fr. joe View Post

That’s my point.

Comment

FWIW, in the other direction, we got Nick Bailen after a year at BG when they had a change of coach. He made a very significant contribution in Troy.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X