X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I received an email from someone who is not a member of this list and also not a member of Twitter. He said that he could not play the video in one of the innumerable posts I have made consisting of a tweet. I thought that it didn't require membership in Twitter to watch videos. Does anyone else have this problem? It could be a browser problem.
    Does anyone have an answer to this?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "not a member of this list" but I'm not a member of Twitter and I can see the videos in the tweets you embed just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
        Not sure what you mean by "not a member of this list" but I'm not a member of Twitter and I can see the videos in the tweets you embed just fine.
        I mean that he does not post on USCHO. He is a member of Charlene Markham's list and that is how we got in contact. Anyway, you gave me the answer which i expected. it's probably a browser problem. I know that when I used Windows 7, I could not play videos in IE but could in Chrome. Now that I have Windows 10, I am just confused, but the videos are fine.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't have a twitter account and it's never an issue. Does he have some type of blocker or antivirus that perhaps prevents the page from playing? I use firefox these days and it has some security settings that can be cumbersome if you max them out.

Comment

Nice write up. Good quotations... looking up Addesa in eastern Mass and several of our players ... after all these years. A lot of time and effort went into this article. Thumbs up. I liked it very much.

The TU sports section is not a free-standing section of the paper most days. Since the corona virus pandemic changed the sports landscape, the TU has done long feature articles on high school winter sports all stars (girls skiing and bowling teams were featured on Thursday and Friday... about six schools have girls ski teams and maybe 20 have bowling teams).

There was an article on the minor league Tri City Valley Cats. The tone: maybe they'll play this season, maybe they won't.

No NCAA tournaments, no major league baseball, all the high school winter all stars have been featured, Siena's first NCAA game ('88) in the modern era got a write up. RPI's second NCAA title gets a nice story. (Maybe an interview with Garry Kearns is on the horizon?) The 'will they, won't they have the NBA and NFL draft?' stories will get extensive coverage.

Sports editors and reporters will have to get very creative to fill space with quality content... and it's only April 5th. Not a dis, but everyone's reading the front pages these days... with good reason.
            Last edited by fr. joe; 04-05-2020, 07:28 PM.

Comment

I came across a short clip of the '85 semi-final game vs Minnesota Duluth. I suspect a many of you have seen this but for those who haven't, please try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTQutBr7CQQ

Wish it were longer than 3:59!
              Last edited by fr. joe; 04-05-2020, 09:15 PM.

Comment

I mean that he does not post on USCHO. He is a member of Charlene Markham's list and that is how we got in contact. Anyway, you gave me the answer which i expected. it's probably a browser problem. I know that when I used Windows 7, I could not play videos in IE but could in Chrome. Now that I have Windows 10, I am just confused, but the videos are fine.
                Sometimes Twitter prompts you to log in without letting you read whatever tweets or account you are looking for. I am not sure why that is.

Comment

Today is 6 April 2020. There are 180 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                    Sometimes Twitter prompts you to log in without letting you read whatever tweets or account you are looking for. I am not sure why that is.
                    Some people "protect" their tweets so the public doesn't have access, restricting to followers, themselves, and those with direct access to the DB. Perhaps Ralph would be specific about which tweet is being questioned?

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
                      Some people "protect" their tweets so the public doesn't have access, restricting to followers, themselves, and those with direct access to the DB. Perhaps Ralph would be specific about which tweet is being questioned?
                      He said it was the last few seconds of the NCAA final, so i suspect it was this

If it was protected, i couldn't see it either. I wouldn't think RPI_Hockey protects its tweets unless Shirley took control.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Anyone else remember this game??
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWgNcXd6tu8
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

He said it was the last few seconds of the NCAA final, so i suspect it was this

If it was protected, i couldn't see it either. I wouldn't think RPI_Hockey protects its tweets unless Shirley took control.
                          Ralph, I use Windows 10 and Chrome and for some reason I frequently get a "Media can't be played" (or similar) error on many Twitter videos. If I click a second time they almost invariably work. Perhaps others are getting transient errors as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Didn't we talk about that game fairly recently.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              Not that the ‘Tute was looking for a goalie but in keeping with the Posting of Transfer Portal players;
                              If we sign another goalie we'll need to play with three nets on the ice....
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                I was there as a 12 year old.

My late father( class of 1962) spoke some Russian/ Ukrainian. After the game, he hung out by the Soviet / Sokol Kiev/ whomever they played locker room. He communicated with a few gentlemen in suits and topcoats as best I can remember. He was granted entry towards the locker room. A few minutes later he emerged with a brand new unused Russian hockey stick.

I had a hockey game the next morning at Albany Academy, and what 12 year old wouldn't think to show off his new prize on the very next day? Well sadly they must not have made sticks very well in the Soviet Union those days as it broke on my first shift and was forever relegated to street hockey duty with a plastic blade. But another wonderful RPI hockey memory to say the very least

Comment

Working...
                                X