Early Departures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Early Departures

Dylan Samberg leaves UM-D after jr. year.....
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Turk-appreciate all these postings but I have a question. Does it appear that this is an unusual amount of early departures or am I just more aware of them (thanks to you)? Also, are we seeing fellows leaving earlier as former freshmen and sophomores than in the past??
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Turk-appreciate all these postings but I have a question. Does it appear that this is an unusual amount of early departures or am I just more aware of them (thanks to you)? Also, are we seeing fellows leaving earlier as former freshmen and sophomores than in the past??
        So far this is a lot less than normal as a lot of players expected to leave ended up deciding to stay another year. There were 46 early departures last year, 34 early departures 2 years ago, and 38 early departures 3 years ago. For now, we only have 18 this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
          So far this is a lot less than normal as a lot of players expected to leave ended up deciding to stay another year. There were 46 early departures last year, 34 early departures 2 years ago, and 38 early departures 3 years ago. For now, we only have 18 this offseason.
          Appreciative!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Cam Crotty leaves BU after Jr. year.....
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Cam Crotty leaves BU after Jr. year.....
              Should be noted that he actually was able to get his undergrad degree in 3 years. Likely made it easier to sign a contract

Comment

Ian Mitchell leaves Denver after Jr. year....

Comment

Cole Hults has signed with the LA Kings after his Junior season at Penn State:

https://***********/ColeHults/status...93428434124802

Comment

You would think given the uncertainty of what the school year will look like in September or beyond that more kids would decide to leave. Does an entry level contract guarantee any money if the NHL starts late as well?

Comment

Early Departures

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                      You would think given the uncertainty of what the school year will look like in September or beyond that more kids would decide to leave. Does an entry level contract guarantee any money if the NHL starts late as well?
                      There are several players who were on the fence that have already decided to return so if there's no 2020-21 or a delay in the season, I wonder and have no idea if players could change their mind and go pro instead. There's a lot of unknown right now but all we can do is assume there will be a season until it's officially announced what the changes are if any.

I don't think they get any money for 2019-20 season and wouldn't get any money until 2020-21 season starts. I'm not an expert on this but I read something about this somewhere before.

21 early departures so far...

Comment

There are several players who were on the fence that have already decided to return so if there's no 2020-21 or a delay in the season, I wonder and have no idea if players could change their mind and go pro instead.
                        I don't think there is anything that prohibits signing a pro contract during the season, if they offer one.

If the pros play at the start of 2020-21 and the NCAA delays or cancels, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more signings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                          I don't think there is anything that prohibits signing a pro contract during the season, if they offer one.

If the pros play at the start of 2020-21 and the NCAA delays or cancels, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more signings.

Correct. I remember well when Kyle Okposo left Minnesota one December for the World Juniors and never game back after signing with the Islanders. Also won't forget the public spat between Garth Snow and Don Lucia that ensued shortly after Okposo signed.
                          Last edited by DavidNardolillo; 04-17-2020, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                            Correct. I remember well when Kyle Okposo left Minnesota one December for the World Juniors and never game back after signing with the Islanders. Also won't forget the public spat between Garth Snow and Don Lucia that ensued shortly after Okposo signed.
                            I remember that. I also think there were other examples but I don't really who/when.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                              I remember that. I also think there were other examples but I don't really who/when.
                              Dylan Olsen was playing for UMD and signed with Chicago during the WJC in 2010-2011 season.

Comment

Emilio Pettersen leaves Denver after 2 seasons to sign with the Calgary Flames.
                                Last edited by FLHockeyMom; 04-27-2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X